SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2010, 04:14 PM
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Apr 2005
98 Posts
Question
How do I set-up differential on a Pete n Poke?

I just bought a completed Pete 'n Poke. It has a Y-harness in the wing for the ailerons. How would I set up differential without each servo being plugged into the receiver? Thanks!
garyinpa is offline Find More Posts by garyinpa
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2010, 05:40 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyinpa View Post
I just bought a completed Pete 'n Poke. It has a Y-harness in the wing for the ailerons. How would I set up differential without each servo being plugged into the receiver? Thanks!
If your asking how you get the servos to move in oppsite directions you just plug them into the Y harness and the single end goes into the receiver. The electronics do the rest. If your asking about aileron differential..... making each aileron move different amounts of up and down to combat yawing, etc. you can accomplish that through the radio if that feature is available or phsycally through the placement of the servo arm on the output shaft.

Via the arm placement on the servo, if your using a single servo in the center of the wing it would depend on if the plane is high wing.. (servo on bottom of wing) or low wing (servo on top of wing). WI know your using two servos so eithe way they should be on the bottom of the wing most likely. Which Pete N Poke do you have.. one is a parasol and the others are low wing. Here is a pic of the general idea. You can keep the horn vertical and make the adjustment at the servo. The amount of "off center" of the arm and horn will control the differential.

There are tests you can do during flight to determine if you have if setup right and the link is here where I got this other info... I wanted to give credit where credit is due...
http://www.modelaircraft.org/mag/ftg...1/31main4.html
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Last edited by Thermalin; Apr 04, 2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2010, 02:07 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,171 Posts
i'd like to see finished pics of your P n Poke. how was the die cutting on your kit? did 90% of the pieces fall out of the sheets?

was the wing attachment easy to do and robust?
TexasClouds is offline Find More Posts by TexasClouds