HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2011, 09:40 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
If I ever decide to get these planes, I was planning on getting both at the same time anyway. And I'm pretty sure I can fly the Ember 2 in my backyard which is maybe 40' x 50' give or take. Maybe the Champ can too.

But thanks for the heads up on the Ember 2's weakness.

Ed
If you go slow, the Champ can handle that limited space, it won't be quite as relaxing as it is in larger more wide open spaces however.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2011, 06:47 PM
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2005
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
Hey ever since new my MCX2 has a issue with attempted banked left turns.

To the right it is just fine but give it a mix of left alerion, forward pitch, And left rudder and it just goes ape $*&T and falls outa the sky.

I just figured this was a coaxial thing but figured id ask anyways.

Done this right out of the box does it after its HUGE crash and the repairs (ABOUT AS BAD AS IT GETS WAS FUNNY AS HELL). And does it still with the advanced swash settings.

Oh and the crash for those curious. I was trying to fly it threw the rafters at work on a bet (40ft ceilings). And well i just nicked the one blade and it bounced off and lost a bit of altitude right into the ceiling fan witch then flug the poor bird into the steal pole in the center of the building were it dropped from the sky (almsot the full 40') into a thankfully mostly empty wast oil bucket. But to the birds credit the only damage was a broken upper blades and the inner shaft mounting point for the upper blades.

Now, that's funny; I don't care who you are

bob
steelgtr is offline Find More Posts by steelgtr
Old Jun 08, 2011, 11:18 PM
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
E-Flite Blade MCX 2 RTF NEW

brand-new still in box from the factory.

This was sent to me as a replacement but I am over helicopters now so for sale it is. I also have every single spare part motors 5IN1 ESC mainframe screws the lot enough parts to build another chopper excluding helicopter body. I also have a five port charger that I bought extra and also a carbon fibre tail boom and seven brand-new batteries. all parts are still in the original packets.

I am open to offers best offer for the lot.

Only catch is buyer will have two pay postage from New Zealand. It cost me $38 New Zealand to post the last one to Chicago.
padge993 is offline Find More Posts by padge993
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:08 PM
Joined Apr 2010
25 Posts
MCX2 does not connect or rebind to dx5e

Great!
FoamNub is offline Find More Posts by FoamNub
Last edited by FoamNub; Jun 13, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:30 PM
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2005
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
- all three of mine require some right stick (AIL) for straight, forward flight. The nature of the beast.
- all of mine required a twist or two on the servo rod arms out-of-the-box so that they would hover hands-off in one place when ALL Tx trims (except the throttle trim, of course) are set to neutral
- a couple of rudder trim clicks one way or another during flight is normal
How do you know where neutral trim is on the RTF Tx?

bob
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:47 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr View Post
How do you know where neutral trim is on the RTF Tx?

bob
On each trim button you can hear a tone. When you hear the "long tone" it means you are centered. Try it on each button. Go up one or two clicks then come back down one or two clicks. You will hear the "long" tone."

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jun 30, 2011, 04:25 PM
Old
Joined Nov 2010
37 Posts
Inverted flight?

Has anyone been bored enough to build an inverted version? Seems like all you would have to do is reverse the polarity of the motors and flip the blades upside down ...

A video of an inverted mCX2 would get people scratching their heads ...
RHough is offline Find More Posts by RHough
Old Jul 01, 2011, 04:19 PM
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2005
1,561 Posts
ball joint change?

I want to try the advanced throws, How do you safely remove the link from the ball? Tryiny small needle nose pliers but won't come off!

thx

bob
Old Jul 01, 2011, 05:38 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,016 Posts
Just use your fingers. they will snap right off. you do have to pull rather hard if you have never had them off before. Just put one finger on the bottom of the ball and the other overtop the top of the link and then pull the link down and POP, off it will come. Like I said, it will take some force but it should not hurt anything.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jul 01, 2011, 06:10 PM
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2005
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Just use your fingers. they will snap right off. you do have to pull rather hard if you have never had them off before. Just put one finger on the bottom of the ball and the other overtop the top of the link and then pull the link down and POP, off it will come. Like I said, it will take some force but it should not hurt anything.
Thanks

Take the canopy off first?

bob
Old Jul 01, 2011, 06:12 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,016 Posts
oh yes, remove the canopy.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jul 01, 2011, 06:22 PM
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2005
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
oh yes, remove the canopy.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:23 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
617 Posts
Joined the MCX2 club. My first helicopter. I am slowly reading this thread, up to post #701.

When I first flew it, the controlly bits up top that make it go forward & backwards were bound against the body panels. (side to side bit moved freely). I had to crash it a few times to figure out why it wouldn't go fwd/reverse.

Now that that is taken care of, it is one neat little helicopter.

It came with a 120mAh 14C batt, but I already have several 150mAh 12C batts and fly it most with those. I'll let the motors cool off before flying it with a fresh batt and I'll let used batts cool off before charging.

Mine generally goes forward with no or little leftward drift and it won;t "death wobble."

This is a great addition that allows flight in my small home.
roo_ster is online now Find More Posts by roo_ster
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:17 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo_ster View Post
Joined the MCX2 club. My first helicopter. I am slowly reading this thread, up to post #701.

When I first flew it, the controlly bits up top that make it go forward & backwards were bound against the body panels. (side to side bit moved freely). I had to crash it a few times to figure out why it wouldn't go fwd/reverse.

Now that that is taken care of, it is one neat little helicopter.

It came with a 120mAh 14C batt, but I already have several 150mAh 12C batts and fly it most with those. I'll let the motors cool off before flying it with a fresh batt and I'll let used batts cool off before charging.

Mine generally goes forward with no or little leftward drift and it won;t "death wobble."

This is a great addition that allows flight in my small home.
And another gets hooked on heli crack

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:41 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo_ster View Post
Joined the MCX2 club.

it is one neat little helicopter.

a great addition that allows flight in my small home.
Sounds like you are on your way! It is a nice little heli, but it's a gateway drug!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob