HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:47 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Dec 2010
157 Posts
mcx2 DX7 Settings

Anyone have good settings for flying the mcx2 with a DX7? Someone asked earlier but no answers so I thought I would ask again. Actually I have FHX but they all just about the same.
ronhawker is offline Find More Posts by ronhawker
Last edited by ronhawker; Mar 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:05 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,013 Posts
It really doesn't need any settings. If you end up having the problem with it trying to death spin on you when you are on the advanced swash and turning left, you can ease that a little bit by doing a mix but it wont get rid of it completely.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:15 PM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
Hey guys;

Just got a MCX2!

Flew 2 batteries through it yesterday - what a HOOT! I love this thing!

Learning a lot and having a blast.
Have not read all 70+ pages, but will go back and skim them...

Just wanted to say Hi
TerryE is offline Find More Posts by TerryE
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Got My New MCX2 Today!

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just a short note to say that today, I picked up my new MCX2 BNF at the local UPS Store. I ordered it through an eBay vendor just 3 nights ago.

What can I say? It flies beautifully! It's quiet, stable, smooth, and very responsive to all my inputs even though the link settings are stock from the box.

This little heli will make quite a contrast to my Blade 120SR for when I want relaxed, indoor flying. But that's almost redundant to say. I have an MSR BNF on the way!

I will try to stay active in this thread for anything related to MCX2 comments.

Happy flying!
Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:41 PM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
Ed,

I'am thinking about buying an MCX2...how does it fly compared to a MCX.
Klippie is offline Find More Posts by Klippie
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:59 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Hi Klippie!

I have never flown an MCX so can't say how they compare from experience.

This video may not have a direct comparison, but the MCX2 designer (Mark Padilla) does mention a few differences between the two.

HorizonHobby.com Preview- Blade mCX2 (10 min 3 sec)

Hope this helps. All I know I am very impressed with the MCX2.
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
Ed,

I'am thinking about buying an MCX2...how does it fly compared to a MCX.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 02:14 PM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
I bought a second hand RTF MCX on EBay recently and it flys great I was in my local hobby shop for a few parts for it and noticed the MCX2 sitting which looked great...I can pick up a brand new BNF MCX2 on eBay UK for around 50 which isn't too bad I thought...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 02:33 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Well if the used MCX flies great, you can imagine how what the MCX2 will do.

I purchased mine off eBay for only $89.99 USD shipped, from a hobby shop located in New York. It came with an extra battery; a Tenergy 3.7v 160mah 15C.

Last night, I ordered an MSR from the same seller which comes with 2 stock batteries, and 3 of these same Tenergy cells. I plan to use the stock cells with the MCX2, and the Tenergy brand on my new MSR. I think that's a plan.

Anyway, please let us know if you decide to get the MCX2. If you like the MCX, I know you won't be disappointed with the MCX2.

Ed

Quote:
I bought a second hand RTF MCX on EBay recently and it flys great I was in my local hobby shop for a few parts for it and noticed the MCX2 sitting which looked great...I can pick up a brand new BNF MCX2 on eBay UK for around 50 which isn't too bad I thought...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:22 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Well I have 7 flights on my new MCX2, and liking it even more.

I have a funny comment. A few minutes after my last MCX2 flight, I grabbed the U807, and took off. I nearly crashed it against my face while trying to use the left stick for rudder! I applied back elevator rapidly before it hit me. Jumping between 3, and 4 channel helis requires me to think a little.

But getting back to the MCX2, I've been flying it like "grandpa", meaning very slowly, and deliberately so as to not crash while getting used to it. It's a nice looker, and I wouldn't want to get a scratch on it during the first day in my hands...do I?

I am charging the battery again, but using the Celectra variable charger that came with my 120SR. I simply remove the JST-RCY charge adapter, and adjust the current to 0.3 amps, and plug in the little 120 mah cell. Works like a charm, and helps to preserve the AA batteries in the charger that came with the MCX2. Alternatively, I can simply use the AC adapter with the MCX2 charger too.

Well the cell just peaked so time to fly again. I may just get in 10 flights on day 1.

Ed
Old Mar 18, 2011, 05:25 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
Well I have 7 flights on my new MCX2, and liking it even more.
I am charging the battery again, but using the Celectra variable charger that came with my 120SR. I simply remove the JST-RCY charge adapter, and adjust the current to 0.3 amps, and plug in the little 120 mah cell. Works like a charm, and helps to preserve the AA batteries in the charger that came with the MCX2. Alternatively, I can simply use the AC adapter with the MCX2 charger too.
Ed
Congratulations on your new MCX2.
Have you flown it at night yet? The navigation lights are really sweet in the dark.
Don't bother getting the ac adapter for the single port battery charger as The MSR BNF includes a 4 port charger with AC adapter included.
jtravel is online now Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:46 AM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
Congratulations on your new MCX2.
Have you flown it at night yet? The navigation lights are really sweet in the dark.
Don't bother getting the ac adapter for the single port battery charger as The MSR BNF includes a 4 port charger with AC adapter included.
Thanks JT! I do want to see those navigation lights in the dark. As much as I brag about how many calm days we have here in Central Florida, it's been rather breezy lately so no outdoor flights for now. It is the month of March after all.

My 120SR's Celectra variable charger did come with the AC adapter, and is the same one recommended for the single port MCX2 charger, but you're right, the coming MSR has that 4 port charger with an adapter as well so charging capabilities will be there to say the least, and more than enough LiPo cells to go around too.

I don't deny that the Blade products are pricey even for what they are, but the flexibility, and room to move up in this hobby are worth it. That said, I still love my 3 channel IR coaxial helis.

Ed
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:06 AM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
After doing a bit of research I just pulled the trigger on a MCX2...and an MSR...

What have I done......
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:12 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
After doing a bit of research I just pulled the trigger on a MCX2...and an MSR...

What have I done......
you just blew some serious cash to feed the addiction thats what
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:02 PM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
you just blew some serious cash to feed the addiction thats what
I know...but these little E-flight heli's fly so well I'am having a great time with my MCX...it's brilliant......the eBay UK seller gave me a very good deal if I bought the two of them...100 delivered is not bad.

A big deciding factor buying two more E-flite heli's is when I crash them I can drop into my LHS on the way home from work (I drive past it every day) for parts and be up and flying again in the evening compare that to waiting weeks for a delivery from China etc for my 3ch heli spares.

Unfortunately some of my excess 3ch heli's will have to go to new homes to make way for the new arrivals...
Old Mar 19, 2011, 09:39 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
945 Posts
Quote:

What have I done......
You have let yourself get addicted! Nice picture by the way, thats and iPad right?
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon