HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:26 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinma View Post
Where do I attach the receiver after installing the tail boom ?
Sorry, I don't get your question

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:53 PM
Joined Jul 2007
23 Posts
The electronics in the original tail were just for the led lights. There was no receiver in there.
HWest is offline Find More Posts by HWest
Old Jan 05, 2011, 03:10 PM
Cumming, GA
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Took the mCX2 out for my first night flite last night.... it was very calm (well, at least at ground level heh heh), and I told myself to just chop the throttle if it started drifting...

I was able to control it really well, unless I let it climb to above 30 ft or so, then it started drifting badly to the south, and full forward control would just let it barely hover, not making up any ground... but remember, I am still set up for at slow servo and stock swashplate settings.

All in all, it was awesome, and with those LED nav lights flashing, with the blue glow from the cockpit, it all makes it a real stunner as it zooms around the front yard!

At one point, I had an off-kilter landing in the grass, so the heli was lying sideways, and at the same time, I dropped my controller on the driveway... well, that made the throttle go up, and the heli started crabbing along the grass then driveway, out of control - not flying, but scraping along for about 30 feet... In the pitch dark, I finally managed to recover the black plastic upside down controller in the dark, and shut everything down. There was zero damage to the heli - shockingly -- and I only got a couple of scrapes to the plastic on the controller, along with a busted RH stick, at the base of the big serrated part. It is still usable, but when I go to advanced swashplate settings and fast servo, I guess if it is then too hard for me to control with that short cut-off stick, then I'll just have to buy a Dx-7, won't I? .... heh heh....

And of course, why waste such a cool radio on just one model.... perhaps an electric plane next...
Just picked up the DX7.......... what a nice unit !! (The damn timer is great, although a small part, real small, but like the reminder when its battery low time)

BTW......hello folks...... I'm new to the forum....... Have a Blade CP that I just started to get out again, but had to have Santa bring me an MCX2. (What a blast!)

......... back to the show..........
kaamacat is offline Find More Posts by kaamacat
Old Jan 05, 2011, 03:43 PM
USA, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2010
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWest View Post
The electronics in the original tail were just for the led lights. There was no receiver in there.
TY...I figured that one out by just pulling it from the 5/1 and no lights.
cwinma is offline Find More Posts by cwinma
Old Jan 05, 2011, 03:45 PM
USA, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2010
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Sorry, I don't get your question

Mike.
Thanks Mike, I was referring to the (what I thought was a receiver) but turned out to be the lights DUH to me
cwinma is offline Find More Posts by cwinma
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:40 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Can't wait till my mCX2 arrives from Advantage Hobby on Wednesday. While waiting for it to arrive, I picked up a fix pitch Nine Eagle Solo Pro V2 that is currently on sale from Hobby People for $59.99.

Can't seem to get the Solo Pro V2 to fly right. A lot of it is probably me being a newbie, but trying to get it to hover stable in place like I see videos of people doing is difficult.

This morning, I dropped by the local hobby shop today and they pulled out a e-Flite Blade mSR and that thing was just perfect out of the box. Hovered the way I wished my Solo Pro would. And was fun to fly under control.

So I can't wait till my mCX2 arrives so I can have some fun at home as well.
Got my Solo Pro tame with some crazy glue. Found that the tail boom had a splinter that ran it's length. That was the cause for the unpredictable flight. I think it was splintered out of the box. Now that it's fix, it's hovers well.

My mCX2 also arrived today. Talk about stable hover, the mCX2 may be the epitome of it. Such a different beast to the FP Solo Pro.

I am enjoying myself, learning to pilot each bird with it's own flight characteristics. Fun!

I think I am gonna order a carbon fiber tail boom. The mCX2 looks great in photo, but I think the full body tail looks cheap in person. The carbon fiber tail boom should make it look a little more sporty.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 05, 2011, 10:13 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Got my Solo Pro tame with some crazy glue. Found that the tail boom had a splinter that ran it's length. That was the cause for the unpredictable flight. I think it was splintered out of the box. Now that it's fix, it's hovers well.

My mCX2 also arrived today. Talk about stable hover, the mCX2 may be the epitome of it. Such a different beast to the FP Solo Pro.

I am enjoying myself, learning to pilot each bird with it's own flight characteristics. Fun!

I think I am gonna order a carbon fiber tail boom. The mCX2 looks great in photo, but I think the full body tail looks cheap in person. The carbon fiber tail boom should make it look a little more sporty.
You will lose the lights as they are connected to the rear body of the heli. I had the mcx and while it was cool, I never did like the tail. The mcx2 looks much better in my opinion. However, with that sporty tail, it will pyro like nobodys business.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jan 06, 2011, 06:59 AM
Cumming, GA
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
You will lose the lights as they are connected to the rear body of the heli. I had the mcx and while it was cool, I never did like the tail. The mcx2 looks much better in my opinion. However, with that sporty tail, it will pyro like nobodys business.
I've not taken the rear body section off the MCX2, but, does it look possible to transfer the wire/light assembly (tastefully) to the new tail boom in your opinion?

Tx,
BobR
kaamacat is offline Find More Posts by kaamacat
Old Jan 06, 2011, 07:40 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,242 Posts
Yeah, no problem losing the tail light. It will be less of a battery drain anyways. The lights I like are the two side lights and canopy lights anyways.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:54 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
LOL, you will lose all the lights as they are all attached to the tail canopy. You will still have your blue light from the 5in1 board but thats it.
And Kaamacat, it may be possible, but they are glued in rather well. The light system was meant to only work on that tail but that wont stop some people from trying to mod it.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:34 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,242 Posts
Ah. Foolish me, I just took a peek and saw that the sides lights are indeed glued into the rear body. LOL

But it should be an easy mod at the sacrifice of the rear body. hehe

On a separate note. I never understood what people refer to as the death spiral with my Solo Pro.

With the mCX2, it does it frequently when turning hard on forward flights. Hovers like a dream, but forward flight bank turns doesn't seem to be it's strong suit. Guess I got too used to the flight characteristics of a rear tail rotor bird before I got to the 4ch coaxial bird.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 03:02 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Just FYI, I've been reading about tail vibration when going over to the carbon fiber tail boom. Many guys seem to be diappointed with that mod. That characteristic keeps me from buying one. Good luck!
CCbusa05 is online now Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Jan 06, 2011, 04:08 PM
North East UK
Joined Nov 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
Just FYI, I've been reading about tail vibration when going over to the carbon fiber tail boom. Many guys seem to be diappointed with that mod. That characteristic keeps me from buying one. Good luck!
I bought mine with a carbon fibre tail boom. Have tried it once and went back to the standard tail. I liked the look and the idea of it. It did vibrate a little on the 1st flight, but I didnt notice any vibrating on the next few. I quickly went back to the standard as after experiencing the two, I think standard is the way these should look. With the carbon fibre it looks like the older mk1 model, and a little naked!
slipdigby is offline Find More Posts by slipdigby
Old Jan 06, 2011, 04:21 PM
United States, NJ, Matawan
Joined Dec 2010
31 Posts
Has anyone flown the mCX2 with the carbon fiber training kit attached? Does the extra weight have a bad adverse effect on flight? I would love to buy the mCX2, but I'm still very new to flying 4 channel heli's and I don't want to ruin my investment in the first few days...
MiStro17 is online now Find More Posts by MiStro17
Old Jan 06, 2011, 06:34 PM
Joined Nov 2010
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
I got one when I got my mCX2 and finally gave up on it because I couldn't eliminate the tail vibration. I tried the mod discussed on this board and a couple of other things to hold the weight secure, but nothing completely worked.
TheOldFart is offline Find More Posts by TheOldFart