HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2010, 10:23 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,037 Posts
My reason for the mCX2 is:
1. Parts at LHS
2. Use my DX6i
3. Use my little 1s 120mah batteries and Celectra charger. (not sure what the Nine Eagles Bravo III uses, so this might be an invalid argument).
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2010, 10:25 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Once you get a quicker heli, and yes even a coax, it'll help you with the MSR

Dont give up on it!
Already sold the little bugger...
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Apr 06, 2010, 10:34 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,312 Posts
Too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessswind View Post
Already sold the little bugger...
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 07, 2010, 12:53 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessswind View Post
My reason for the mCX2 is:
1. Parts at LHS
2. Use my DX6i
3. Use my little 1s 120mah batteries and Celectra charger. (not sure what the Nine Eagles Bravo III uses, so this might be an invalid argument).
Bravo batteries are different (and more expensive!! ... and before somebody tells me that is not true ... I talk about OEM/non-brand bats, the "originals" (of course) are more expensive from eFlite ... because they can ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Apr 07, 2010, 03:33 AM
Joined Jan 2010
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCalvin View Post
A few points..
1) much better looking than the old MCX
2) Wish that body was available for my CX2
3) Why buy a problem like Walkera?
4) Let's face it a tailrotor is old and sloppy tech just like the bolt assist on the AR-15/M- 4/M-16
Please tell me you're joking. I've flown every E-Flite helicopter they currently make (and own them all too) as well as many other models and I like coaxials just fine but they will never perform to the extent that a collective-pitch single-rotor helicopter will. Coaxials are great for hovering around and mild flight, but they really teach you very little since they really fly themselves. They're also extremely slow, even when modded. Again, I love my mCX and CX2, but try flying them outside on a windy day.

As for Walkera, I won't pretend they make the highest quality product, but they do make some very nice machines for the money. For example - the most inexpensive CP heli there is, and it flies great too.
Scream And Fly is offline Find More Posts by Scream And Fly
Old Apr 07, 2010, 12:31 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,312 Posts
You obviously haven't seen my modded cx3 fly in the wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
Please tell me you're joking. I've flown every E-Flite helicopter they currently make (and own them all too) as well as many other models and I like coaxials just fine but they will never perform to the extent that a collective-pitch single-rotor helicopter will. Coaxials are great for hovering around and mild flight, but they really teach you very little since they really fly themselves. They're also extremely slow, even when modded. Again, I love my mCX and CX2, but try flying them outside on a windy day.

As for Walkera, I won't pretend they make the highest quality product, but they do make some very nice machines for the money. For example - the most inexpensive CP heli there is, and it flies great too.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 07, 2010, 03:39 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
OK, say I WAS going to taste a decent 4-channel...

...and ordered an MCX2.

The vids on Youtube are intriguing, it looks like an RC hornet on steroids.

What all should be in my first order for one, to avoid any down-time while I learn to fly it?
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Apr 07, 2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: let's just say I was gonna.
Old Apr 07, 2010, 03:56 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,796 Posts
Get some extra blades (upper and lower), flybar, battery (i suggest the hyperion 160's), a celectra 4-port charger if you can afford it so you can charge 4 all at once and that's about it.
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Apr 07, 2010, 04:01 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Well, that's

Sweet.

BTW, you just wrote the best review ever for any helicopter.

Not one "failure part", and yet you indicated run the dog out of it with the extra batteries.
Last edited by killbucket; Apr 07, 2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Hat's Off to Eflite. R&D pays off. On my 'want' list.
Old Apr 07, 2010, 04:07 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,796 Posts
Is that sarcasm? Or are you being serious?
Old Apr 07, 2010, 04:08 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Dead-on serious.

I've been looking at these since the ads hit the magazines.

With all the talk of Esky fading, I wanted to 'test the water" on opinions of this bird.

Even though low-cost helicopters are getting better by leaps and bounds, it's nice to know there's still compelling reasons to buy up-market.
Last edited by killbucket; Apr 07, 2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: I mean this.
Old Apr 07, 2010, 04:21 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,796 Posts
Ah great

Yeh, that's basically all you have to buy. The board there is no point buying as a spare as if you did you might as well buy a whole new heli. And the motors will eventually wear out, but only after 75-100+ flights.
Old Apr 07, 2010, 06:10 PM
Joined Jan 2010
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
You obviously haven't seen my modded cx3 fly in the wind
Nope, can't say that I have - and I'm sure it's fun but again, it won't come close to the performance of a single-rotor heli.

Killbucket, buy an mSR instead. You'll love the mCX, but you already have a number of coaxial helis. I know they're 3-channel, but I think you'll get much more out of an mSR.
Scream And Fly is offline Find More Posts by Scream And Fly
Old Apr 07, 2010, 06:28 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,796 Posts
The mCX and mSR have their own +'s and -'s. The mCX is great for relaxing flying in and around the house. The mSR is a some what more aggressive helicopter and will need a pilot with at least decent coax experience to fly it. I say get the mCX2, then get so competent with it you can chuck it around the house easily and make very precise spot landings. Then get an mSR and you will be a very happy man with less money spent on parts and less time spent on fixing the mSR.
Old Apr 07, 2010, 06:34 PM
Prof. Aeronautical Inventor
Bavaria
Joined Jan 2007
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Get some extra blades (upper and lower), flybar, battery (i suggest the hyperion 160's), a celectra 4-port charger if you can afford it so you can charge 4 all at once and that's about it.
I was told to buy spare flybars and extra blades, so I did a few of each.

I've still got them, never needed to replace a single flybar or blade and I've got 4 MCXs that clock up a lot of airtime.

The only parts I've needed to buy are innershafts.

Buy a spare innershaft.
Von Trippenhopf is offline Find More Posts by Von Trippenhopf