HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2010, 08:33 AM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
I tried to bind this to my Dx5e and the heli went completely insane wanting to just spin left...i tried to adjust my trims but it didnt do anything...am i missing something?
Brooklynstar23 is offline Find More Posts by Brooklynstar23
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:32 PM
Green Bay, Wis.
Joined May 2003
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynstar23 View Post
I tried to bind this to my Dx5e and the heli went completely insane wanting to just spin left...i tried to adjust my trims but it didnt do anything...am i missing something?
Maybe you already know this but one possible problem could be that the gyro did not stabilize.
Assuming the mcx2 is bound to the dx5e, the procedure to fly should be:

Turn on the dx5e
Connect the battery to the mcx2
Immediately set the heli down the heli must be at rest for a short period to allow the gyro to initialize.
After a few second delay the blue light in the heli will turn on solid.
The heli should be ready to fly. (If the heli was not still after connecting the battery then the gyro did not stabilize and you will not be able to control the heli).

The manual talks about this on page 13.
JimL is offline Find More Posts by JimL
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimL View Post
Maybe you already know this but one possible problem could be that the gyro did not stabilize.

Turn on the dx5e
Immediately set the heli down the heli must be at rest for a short period to allow the gyro to initialize.
The heli should be ready to fly. (If the heli was not still after connecting the battery then the gyro did not stabilize and you will not be able to control the heli).

I disagree about the gyro part. It is simply not that sensitive. Worst case scenario from violently shaking the heli while it initializes produces a heli that will be a little out of trim. At least that is the results I have had on mine and I did do a lot of testing on that.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:02 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,270 Posts
Are both blades spinning properly? Sometimes, one of my blades doesn't want to spin up.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:43 PM
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
Anyone have one of these 4 Battery Charger Adapter? Are they ok or shall i just but a eflite 4 port charger?

http://tinyurl.com/28mjbpg
padge993 is offline Find More Posts by padge993
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:46 PM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimL View Post

Turn on the dx5e

Yeah it's not that I always adhere to the rules but the second I give throttle it freaks out I dunno why the gyro does stabilize though...I'm at a loss
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:31 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynstar23 View Post
Yeah it's not that I always adhere to the rules but the second I give throttle it freaks out I dunno why the gyro does stabilize though...I'm at a loss
Try resetting the dx5e back to neutral settings and then rebind the helicopter to it.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:43 AM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Try resetting the dx5e back to neutral settings and then rebind the helicopter to it.
Did that...tried it 4 times....still with the same result...trimming it doesnt fix the problem...could it be that this heli simply just doesnt play nice with my dx5e? any one else encounter this problem with their dx5e? I know, I know...i should invest in the dx6i but money is too tight for that ...
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:57 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by padge993 View Post
Anyone have one of these 4 Battery Charger Adapter? Are they ok or shall i just but a eflite 4 port charger?

http://tinyurl.com/28mjbpg
Having read what you need to do with this charging lead, I don't think I would want to trust my batteries with it .

I have the E-flite four battery charger and each battery has it's own LED, batteries are too expensive to be charged trial and error - but that is just my opinion and others may disagree
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:56 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Dec 2010
157 Posts
I have hooked my FHX (based on the mcx2) to the dx5e and it works fine. I did notice I had to reverse switch the ailerons so that all the servo switch are down.

I got my dx5e as part of a Phoenix flight sim package.
ronhawker is offline Find More Posts by ronhawker
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhawker View Post
I have hooked my FHX (based on the mcx2) to the dx5e and it works fine. I did notice I had to reverse switch the ailerons so that all the servo switch are down.

I got my dx5e as part of a Phoenix flight sim package.
so every servo switch on ur dx5e is in the down position? guess ill try that..
Old Dec 23, 2010, 02:08 PM
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Having read what you need to do with this charging lead, I don't think I would want to trust my batteries with it .

I have the E-flite four battery charger and each battery has it's own LED, batteries are too expensive to be charged trial and error - but that is just my opinion and others may disagree
Thanks for that 4 port it is then.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:13 PM
Germany
Joined Dec 2004
80 Posts
Is $95 shipped from Amazon a good price?
Elhungarian is offline Find More Posts by Elhungarian
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:24 PM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix21685 View Post
Is $95 shipped from Amazon a good price?

For the mcx2? Yes, atleast thats what I paid for it...dont forget to get the ac adapter if you dont already have one...unless you wanna keep burning through AA batteries...
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:04 PM
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
Servo problem

Today after a small crash i went to take of again and the chopper keep taking a hard left so i pulled of the body and had a look. It looks like one of my servos is dead or jammed. Any ideas what i can try?