Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:01 AM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
so then get the new NE guys ... !!
Hi Sven
I do want one but can only get so many at any one time so that will have to wait until next month
And im thinking more in the lines of the Kamov helis for the MCX platform and for the MSR any of the other full scale tail rotor helis out there, Bell, Sikosky, Westland, Eurocopter, etc
Take care
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2010, 05:32 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
So what if you think it is better, do not try to shove it on us, we like our helis. We are absolutely no different than you except we do not try to force our views on you.
How does expressing my opinion get translated to shoving and forcing? I read the advertisement. I simply offered a counter viewpoint. If that is taken as some kind of attack on the coaxial community than I guess I am out of line. But before you line up the firing squad you might want to consider the 6 months I spent writing a book about the CX2 and certainly wasn't profit motivated. You may even find a few readers in "your" community who availed themselves to the free download (there were more than 1000 during the holidays) and may have even profited from reading it. Have fun with your coaxials. No more said.
CaptJac is offline Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2010, 07:45 AM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJac View Post
How does expressing my opinion get translated to shoving and forcing? I read the advertisement. I simply offered a counter viewpoint. If that is taken as some kind of attack on the coaxial community than I guess I am out of line. But before you line up the firing squad you might want to consider the 6 months I spent writing a book about the CX2 and certainly wasn't profit motivated. You may even find a few readers in "your" community who availed themselves to the free download (there were more than 1000 during the holidays) and may have even profited from reading it. Have fun with your coaxials. No more said.
Hi capt
We shall
And i do apologize for any thing rude i may have said
And i do value your opinion
Thanks ever so much
Take care
Hank
Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:17 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,132 Posts
Quote:
How does expressing my opinion get translated to shoving and forcing?
When you keep telling us to fly the CB100 I consider it pushing, makes me think you work for someone selling that heli. Make your statement once but do not keep repeating it. I have looked at the CB100 but do not care for it, I can also say some other heli flies better or is a better deal in my opinion but I will only say that once and that is it.

Your view points are valuable only if you just state them, not keep repeating them.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Apr 02, 2010, 01:11 PM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Your view points are valuable only if you just state them, not keep repeating them.
Didn't realize stating my opinion ONCE and clarifying it ONCE was objectionable or repetitious. Interesting you looked at a CB100 - no doubt that qualified you to make a sound judgment. If you want to point a finger at someone who is obviously selling you might want to do some pointing at the person who started this thread - sonicjet - or whatever name he is using. And YES - I strongly object to using these forums for any kind of commercial gain. If you are selling something - pay the cost of advertising - and stop trying to sneak it in the back door. And I will repeat that as many times as I deem appropriate on whatever thread and forum I choose. Even yours!!
CaptJac is offline Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2010, 02:04 PM
Australia
Joined Aug 2009
125 Posts
Wow!

This is a better looking heli than the CX2. I like my scale (or scale-like) helis, and not since the CX2 has Eflite made anything I'd be actually interested in purchasing. There was something about the CX3 I didn't like, and not just the price - but I know that is the cost of quality.

I'm a sucker for flashing lights and shiny things too. If only the "nav lights" didn't flash - that can be easily fixed though. I don't know of any other RTF heli that has proper nav lights on it. So somehow this little bird has made it onto my wishlist... along with the NE Bravo3.

It's funny how wants always overpower needs.
Fly-a-kite is offline Find More Posts by Fly-a-kite
Old Apr 02, 2010, 02:22 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Didn't realize stating my opinion ONCE and clarifying it ONCE was objectionable or repetitious. Interesting you looked at a CB100 - no doubt that qualified you to make a sound judgment. If you want to point a finger at someone who is obviously selling you might want to do some pointing at the person who started this thread - sonicjet - or whatever name he is using. And YES - I strongly object to using these forums for any kind of commercial gain. If you are selling something - pay the cost of advertising - and stop trying to sneak it in the back door. And I will repeat that as many times as I deem appropriate on whatever thread and forum I choose. Even yours!!
Hi
I hate to start this up again but had to say something in defence of the OP
The OP has a long record of solid helpful postings and seemed to only want to share this with us and bring it to more peoples attention
you can easily find his postings and threads to see that quite plainly he does not have any affiliation with said companies and no ulterior motive
Most of us here share what we find with the others and i see nothing wrong with that
Take care
Hank
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:16 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,303 Posts
Yes let's keep this thread on the subject of the heli not starting any arguments. Enough of the dispute please.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:20 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,231 Posts
I clicked on the you tube video and all I got was a blank screen with .." private video... only...:

I should've checked it out yesterday when it was first posted
GRUMPEE is offline Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:20 PM
RC pilot,AMA Member.
Northeast PA
Joined Sep 2007
1,176 Posts
...It is a MCX2,I thought I would past something that people would like to see..but it seems that people don't care....I am not affiliated with any company.
I did not mention anything about any other things or what it was worth,I just showed what showed up....
The MCX is meant to be a toy that anyone could fly,it is a very big money maker for Horizon.
If you think that a CB100 or mSR or Helimax 125 is better worth your money...then buy one.
BTW..this is a coaxial forum,That means that A mSR or CB100 do not belong in this class.
Back onto the heli...
The MAP of the MCX2 BNF is 89$..that means at some stores it will be $79.99,That is not a half bad of a deal for a 4ch heli to play around with in your house.
sonicjet is offline Find More Posts by sonicjet
Last edited by sonicjet; Apr 02, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:22 PM
Australia
Joined Aug 2009
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPEE View Post
I clicked on the you tube video and all I got was a blank screen with .." private video... only...:

I should've checked it out yesterday when it was first posted
Yeah, me too.

I wonder why they made it a private video?
Fly-a-kite is offline Find More Posts by Fly-a-kite
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:26 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-a-kite View Post
Yeah, me too.

I wonder why they made it a private video?

Me thinks tis a coverup or a teaser
GRUMPEE is offline Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:43 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,303 Posts
Well said.

I wonder if this will really handle better than a modded original?

I think maybe the software on the brick will be better for FFF especially when it comes to rudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicjet View Post
...It is a MCX2,I thought I would past something
that people would like to see..but it seems that people don't care....I am not affiliated with any company.
I did not mention anything about any other things or what it was worth,I just showed what showed up....
The MCX is meant to be a toy that anyone could fly,it is a very big money maker for Horizon.
I you think that a CB100 or mSR or Helimax 125 is better worth your money...then buy one.
BTW..this is a coaxial forum,That means that A mSR or CB100 do not belong in this class.
Back onto the heli...
The MAP of the MCX2 BNF is 89$..that means at some stores it will be $79.99,That is not a half bad of a deal for a 4ch heli to play around with in your house.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 02, 2010, 04:40 PM
HeliNewbie
Roanoke, Virginia
Joined Apr 2010
54 Posts
Just registered yesterday , started fooling with heli's last year ... started too big, got a "deal" on an axe cp, whoa that thing was scary ... I would sit here in my 30x14 living room, spooling that thing up and the wind was blowing around my head, and the noise,lol, I was afraid that thing was gonna chop my head off ... i didn't even know about ground effect much less giving it right cyclic at takeoff ... took it outside and busted a blade holder, still haven't fixed it yet maybe someday ... so then i got a cx2 ... that was cool, was able to hover and move about inside a bit ... some friends came over and I wanted to show off so I took it outside ... only problem is I live on a hill which is quite windy and I hadn't read all the tweaks ... I should have moved the control arms to the second hole ... well, flew it up into the wind, fighting it all the way and it headed for this one cedar tree so I had to bump it up to avoid the tree ... so it sat there fighting the wind about 25ft up ... it hovered for awhile and I thought I could get it back cause it was stable and I was oriented and controlling the tail well ... just couldn't get any forward thrust ... so then the wind just took it ... it flew about 300ft away 150ft up and I was struggling to keep orientation when it just either went out of range or the neardby airport cut on their "real" radar (don't tell anyone but I was right on the approach less than 1/8mile out...yeah I know,bad very bad) ... anyway it just lost signal and dropped into a nearby neighborhood and crashed right in the middle of a culdesac, basically totalled maybe the motors,rx, and servos are slavageable but the 3in1 was cracked toast ... I keep the cadaver around to show me how to wire everything if I ever want to build a cx2.
So I said ok, still too much bird for me so I got an mcx s300 and just fly it around the house ... great, love it, what could be better, ... after leveling the swash I cranked down the control horns a couple or turns and trimmed back so I get pretty good forward speed. I should have started with the mcx s300 first off but live and learn ...just got a walkera 180Q last week and I'm taking it real slow just breaking the moters in and I got it into a hover today ... and I did all my homework on this one so I turned up the extent to max and moved stabilizer bar to 2nd hole ... still can't figure how to get 140% travel on the 2402tx ... maybe not possible ... anyway this mcx2 is just the ticket ... I figure they sold a ton of mcx's so they HAD to make a revised version ... upgraded motors,adjustable swash, nav lights and it looks like my now deceased cx2 only better ... can't wait, it's a no-brainer for a no-brainer like me ... now I'm wondering if having a dx6i, or a dx7 would improve the flying experince for these two indoor birds ... would it be overkill? ... currently using the LP5DSM that came with the cx2 to fly the s300 and its ok. If I go outside again it will be at a local park.
Zetapal is offline Find More Posts by Zetapal
Old Apr 02, 2010, 04:50 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetapal View Post
Just registered yesterday , started fooling with heli's last year ... started too big, got a "deal" on an axe cp, whoa that thing was scary ... I would sit here in my 30x14 living room, spooling that thing up and the wind was blowing around my head, and the noise,lol, I was afraid that thing was gonna chop my head off ... i didn't even know about ground effect much less giving it right cyclic at takeoff ... took it outside and busted a blade holder, still haven't fixed it yet maybe someday ... so then i got a cx2 ... that was cool, was able to hover and move about inside a bit ... some friends came over and I wanted to show off so I took it outside ... only problem is I live on a hill which is quite windy and I hadn't read all the tweaks ... I should have moved the control arms to the second hole ... well, flew it up into the wind, fighting it all the way and it headed for this one cedar tree so I had to bump it up to avoid the tree ... so it sat there fighting the wind about 25ft up ... it hovered for awhile and I thought I could get it back cause it was stable and I was oriented and controlling the tail well ... just couldn't get any forward thrust ... so then the wind just took it ... it flew about 300ft away 150ft up and I was struggling to keep orientation when it just either went out of range or the neardby airport cut on their "real" radar (don't tell anyone but I was right on the approach less than 1/8mile out...yeah I know,bad very bad) ... anyway it just lost signal and dropped into a nearby neighborhood and crashed right in the middle of a culdesac, basically totalled maybe the motors,rx, and servos are slavageable but the 3in1 was cracked toast ... I keep the cadaver around to show me how to wire everything if I ever want to build a cx2.
So I said ok, still too much bird for me so I got an mcx s300 and just fly it around the house ... great, love it, what could be better, ... after leveling the swash I cranked down the control horns a couple or turns and trimmed back so I get pretty good forward speed. I should have started with the mcx s300 first off but live and learn ...just got a walkera 180Q last week and I'm taking it real slow just breaking the moters in and I got it into a hover today ... and I did all my homework on this one so I turned up the extent to max and moved stabilizer bar to 2nd hole ... still can't figure how to get 140% travel on the 2402tx ... maybe not possible ... anyway this mcx2 is just the ticket ... I figure they sold a ton of mcx's so they HAD to make a revised version ... upgraded motors,adjustable swash, nav lights and it looks like my now deceased cx2 only better ... can't wait, it's a no-brainer for a no-brainer like me ... now I'm wondering if having a dx6i, or a dx7 would improve the flying experince for these two indoor birds ... would it be overkill? ... currently using the LP5DSM that came with the cx2 to fly the s300 and its ok. If I go outside again it will be at a local park.
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
Do you plan to get more helis and maybe some fixed wing aircraft in the future?
If so i would definately reccomend getting a DX6i or the DX7
A better tx allows you more choices in aircraft, no of models you can have on a single tx, better mixes
I would get the DX7 over the 6i for the slight increase in price you get so much more for your money
With it you would be able to have access to all the BNF aircraft as well
Take care and do have fun
Hank