SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:37 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,125 Posts
getting acquainted to my mCX2 ...

well, here's the maiden hover video, showing me getting used to my new bird in preparation for the "ominous" 8ball challenge. I will also use this bird for my first presentation of "Simon sez", I guess ...

mCX2 maiden hover (1 min 57 sec)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:46 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
Man the suspense is killing me!!! ON WITH THE SHOW

Oh I dont know if I should even say this, but I picked up one of those Syma X1 quadcopters yesterday. Interesting, only 1 flight so far on it. I as surprised at the size, My new big landing pad is actually the right size for that thing lol.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Man the suspense is killing me!!! ON WITH THE SHOW

Oh I dont know if I should even say this, but I picked up one of those Syma X1 quadcopters yesterday. Interesting, only 1 flight so far on it. I as surprised at the size, My new big landing pad is actually the right size for that thing lol.
OK, OK - I'm gonna upload my first go at the 8ball challenge now, just so you are quiet ...

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:19 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,125 Posts
mCX2 magic 8 - take 1

mCX2 landing on top of magic 8 ball (0 min 0 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:29 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,494 Posts
Yup! You've done it.

Now, you've done it!
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:39 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,247 Posts
Dusting off the old MCX S300.

BLADEMCXS300 AES (1 min 50 sec)
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:30 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Dusting off the old MCX S300.

http://youtu.be/uNScnOpBFWE
If I see your piro's I get envious ... cant remember having ONE single bird that piros THAT quick
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:07 AM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
WOW! I am not getting any luck here. After breaking the flybar after just 20 minutes of flying time, now after only about 20 minutes more flying, my MCX2 no longer flies forwards or backwards. I've checked that the battery is not too far forward. The servo doesn't even make a sound when I push stick forward or backwards. Any ideas what could be wrong?
BritishBeef is offline Find More Posts by BritishBeef
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:19 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBeef View Post
WOW! I am not getting any luck here. After breaking the flybar after just 20 minutes of flying time, now after only about 20 minutes more flying, my MCX2 no longer flies forwards or backwards. I've checked that the battery is not too far forward. The servo doesn't even make a sound when I push stick forward or backwards. Any ideas what could be wrong?
If the ELE servo doesnt make any sound, I take it it doesnt move either, right?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:23 AM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
If the ELE servo doesnt make any sound, I take it it doesnt move either, right?
Nope. Nothing.
BritishBeef is offline Find More Posts by BritishBeef
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:36 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,538 Posts
Quote:
Nope. Nothing.
Does it get hot?

Is the control arm centered?

Can you coax it to move with your finger spinning the spur gear?

Take the spur gear off, and power up the RX, the servo motor should spin regardless of stick input.

I can sell you some second hand mcx2 servos for next to nix, you'll need to solder them in though. Better yet take it back to your LHS and swap it for another one. If you cant solder, or your LHS wont accept the return, you can send the brick to me and I'll fix it for again next to nix. postage to and from the UK to Germany takes circa 1 week, so I could have it back to you in 2 weeks

EDIT: Or you could send me the entire heli and I'll add my last tail boom to it, reverse the battery orientation, add rubber bands to the control rods, mechanically trim it to perfection and of course fix the servo I can even add dual spotlights too Cost will vary depending on what you want done, but it will be very fair even if you want to go the whole hog

It will look more or less like my one when Im finished, with the exception of the boom mounted spotlight (and of course it will fly not like my one in this vid ):

mCX2 ultra cool lights + strange problem (3 min 11 sec)
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:21 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
HAHA, You know, I suspected that landing could be possible when I saw the box yesterday, Still funny as hell though.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:33 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Lets look at the events prior to the servo stopping working. Did it happen after a crash? If so, it is possible that the arm has popped out of the control horn on the back. Look at the back of the helicopter near the mast, you should see a black U shaped bar. There should be an arm coming from the swashplate that will be inside of that bar. If you see it sticking on either side of the U, then you need to raise it up and put it back into the U bracket. That can happen on a hard crash. Forgive my paint drawing skills lol.
Last edited by DoomsDay; Feb 15, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:25 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
HAHA, You know, I suspected that landing could be possible when I saw the box yesterday, Still funny as hell though.
Well, as it all started with a joke, I though I continue it with (kind of) a joke ... glad you liked it .
(actually, I would have expected this vid to "provoke" more reactions already ... ...)
But to be honest, this will NOT be the end of it!! After one of valiants comments I realized it might be absolutely impossible to land on the actual 8ball, and so I tried - and videotaped - some ... let me call it "dry runs", just trying to place the heli on top of the actual ball.
Because the skids are straigth and the ball is round, to try to land on there ... or even just PLACE the mCX2 there in a way that it does not fall ... is almost like trying to land (or placing the heli) on the edge of a knife. Even WITH the anti skid rubber coatings ALL along the skid pipes.

But, I had an idea with all this, for which I still have to go and get some other prop(s), but I WILL definitely "provide" at least one, or even 2 more videos about this whole adventure.

I am just not sure if your patience is going to be able to keep up with the ever increasing tension ...

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:07 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,247 Posts
Short takeoff and landing...

BLADEMCX2 DER (0 min 42 sec)
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131