Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:36 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Check this video...20 helis on one tx!

http://youtu.be/6TA2uHrHEjc
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is more than 1 TX in play there. However its an impressive video none the less
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:51 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is more than 1 TX in play there. However its an impressive video none the less
Whenever the subject comes up of binding and simultaneously flying multiple helis off the same Tx, I try to find the vid I came across a year ago of the world record attempt but come up empty, it was in a gymnasium.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:27 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,610 Posts
8ball challenge

getting EVEN closer (to making a total fool out of myself ...)

mCX2 Project MAGIC 8 Part2 (2 min 17 sec)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:35 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,008 Posts
LOL Erd, I cant wait for the next video!
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:55 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
LOL Erd, I cant wait for the next video!
Well, part3 coming soon, to a movie theater near you ...
(ps: please support my future film making escapades and spend about 5 seconds extra to click the commercial ... ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:22 AM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Quote:
Odd that you broke your flybar I have crashed mine HARD (even completely upside down @ full throttle with the upper rotor head hitting the ground first) thousands of times, but have only ever broken skids and mainframes. Remember to cut the throttle the moment before you hit something and no damage will be done

1. Mechanical trim it, make sure battery isnt touching the servos
2. Thats more or less normal, counter it with stick inputs, or TX mixing

and....

3. Isnt british beef usually Australian beef, I think we send you our premium stuff in return for money and some of your anemic, flavorless, beef. Same thing with sheep.
Thanks for the reply valiant.

I've just read about mechanical trimming. Will do that, thanks.
I can't counter it very well as it's not flying in the direction the nose is facing. Just doesn't seem right. I'll see what's like when I fox it and report back maybe with a video to illustrate.

We have our own beef too lol! Well we hope it's beef but it's more than likely horse these days
BritishBeef is offline Find More Posts by BritishBeef
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:25 AM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Quote:
North: Depends on how one defines heavily.

Beef: Also if the ailerons and elevator are on 1 stick (mode 2), make sure that youre moving the stick straight and true. The problem may just be in your untrained thumbs.
I wondered whether it was me not pushing the stick centrally forward but it definately isn't that as I tested the theory. However, I wasn't aware of the issue until the last few minutes before I broke it which suggests that something changed
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:47 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBeef View Post

I can't counter it very well as it's not flying in the direction the nose is facing. ...
That puts a new twist on it, I don't think that was mentioned... I usually specifically ask about that when someone describes this issue but I didn't ask this time because every time it turned out that wasn't what they meant . I think when most say theirs drifts a little to the left they mean with the nose still pointing forward... not a yaw that doesn't jive with the direction of travel... in a plane that's called a slip.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:31 AM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
That puts a new twist on it, I don't think that was mentioned... I usually specifically ask about that when someone describes this issue but I didn't ask this time because every time it turned out that wasn't what they meant . I think when most say theirs drifts a little to the left they mean with the nose still pointing forward... not a yaw that doesn't jive with the direction of travel... in a plane that's called a slip.
Ahhh sorry. Being a newbie I am not up on the jargon yet. Yeah it was flying off to the left a fair bit but with the nose pointing in the direction it should have been flying. If you know what I mean.
So, can something be adjusted to fix this?
I have already received the replacement flybar and I had only ordered it less than 24 hours before!! Great service from RCpitstop.co.uk
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:33 AM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Yep, that! You have your battery pushed to far forward and its hitting the servo gears. Back your battery out a little, or even more if you are using the long 150 batteries.
This is exactly what happened to mine on it's first flight yesterday! Battery was too far forward on mine too
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:37 AM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Quote:
Remember to cut the throttle the moment before you hit something and no damage will be done
I was already in the habit of cutting the throttle in a crash situation after flying my sons Syma. In this instance the heli just caught the edge of the sofa and I cut the throttle as usual. I didn't notice that half of the flybar was missing until I tried to fly it again. It really didn't like that
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:16 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,748 Posts
Quote:
Ahhh sorry. Being a newbie I am not up on the jargon yet. Yeah it was flying off to the left a fair bit but with the nose pointing in the direction it should have been flying. If you know what I mean.
I have already received the replacement flybar and I had only ordered it less than 24 hours before!! Great service from RCpitstop.co.uk
Ok, never-mind what I said... I did it again... that IS what we are usually talking about and not the yaw thing I just described which is something else. The thing I described is when it is travelling straight forward like you want but the nose is pointed (yawed) off to one side... that's a slip. It's the opposite of what you described. Sorry, mang.

(facepalm)

... carry on
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:22 AM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Hey Beefie, I've used them too, Wheelspin also provide an excellent service.. But Kings Lynn Models take some beating.. Especially for big stuff. What area are you?
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:36 AM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompwat View Post
Hey Beefie, I've used them too, Wheelspin also provide an excellent service.. But Kings Lynn Models take some beating.. Especially for big stuff. What area are you?
Hi Chomp. I've used Wheelspin a few times in the past too for my nitro truck. Think I may have used Kings Lynn too maybe. I live just outside Bristol.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 AM
In my Prayers
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,354 Posts
I heard the "beef" ....ehem...."horse" is yummy in the UK It made the news here in the States

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012