SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:58 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
When I was a kid we didn't even have wrapping paper

ij
Sorry to hear that bud, you missed out on a lot of excitement ... (remember, full day of unwrapping ... .)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:59 AM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
sorry to hear that bud, you missed out on a lot of excitement ... (remember, full day of unwrapping ... :d.)
LOL, I'll need a lot of practice
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:03 PM
Master of Micro Modding
valiantGLX's Avatar
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
I just dusted off my mCX2 S300 (which I claim is the most heavily modified mCX2 around ) and I swear I forgot how much fun this little thing is

I was trying some crazy landings and had an absolute ball doing it My S300 is a bit of a handful though, after all of the mods it comes in at feather light 22g so it gets thrown around a bit in ground effect.

We should do a mini video comp showing only the most daring of landings. We should post our vids in a weeks time and we can all vote on the winner. However we should only use new footage so no one has an advantage. So charge your phones, keychain cams, spy glasses, digital cameras or video cameras and brace yourselves for some micro heli action

What do you guys think?
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:48 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
I just dusted off my mCX2 S300 (which I claim is the most heavily modified mCX2 around ) and I swear I forgot how much fun this little thing is

I was trying some crazy landings and had an absolute ball doing it My S300 is a bit of a handful though, after all of the mods it comes in at feather light 22g so it gets thrown around a bit in ground effect.

We should do a mini video comp showing only the most daring of landings. We should post our vids in a weeks time and we can all vote on the winner. However we should only use new footage so no one has an advantage. So charge your phones, keychain cams, spy glasses, digital cameras or video cameras and brace yourselves for some micro heli action

What do you guys think?
Its amazing what a little 8ball joke can set in motion ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:55 PM
Registered User
DoomsDay's Avatar
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Its amazing what a little 8ball joke can set in motion ...
Valiant misses the airplane/helicopter challenge in the other thread that seems to have completely died out.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:01 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Its amazing what a little 8ball joke can set in motion ...
OK, now I'm thinking,,,... only if I can come up with something "different."

I would like to propose the first rule though. *Both skids must be on the LZ and rotors stopped.* Agree?

BTW, can a MCX enter the contest or is it just for the mcX2 owners

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:05 PM
Master of Micro Modding
valiantGLX's Avatar
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Valiant misses the airplane/helicopter challenge in the other thread that seems to have completely died out.
Its true I love flying my helis but I get bored of them after a while if Im not modding or doing challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I would like to propose the first rule though. *Both skids must be on the LZ and rotors stopped.* Agree?

Mike.
Agreed! however I do like to keep the blades spinning for a more scale effect, how about both skids on the ground for 2 seconds minimum to count regardless if the blades are spinning or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post

BTW, can a MCX enter the contest or is it just for the mcX2 owners

Mike.
Oh Mike! You and the mCX eh Do you still own a great big chipboard TV with fake wood grain vinyl, or a telephone with a spin dial?

But in all seriousness it doesnt matter, use what your most familiar with
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:46 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
<SNIP>

Oh Mike! You and the mCX eh Do you still own a great big chipboard TV with fake wood grain vinyl, or a telephone with a spin dial?
You'er very lucky that my TV is out for repair but I happen to catch a little "eavesdropping"

I joke, I joke

BTW, it's called a "rotary dial"...LOL
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:08 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
Rofl!
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:35 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,690 Posts
You guys are too funny! Mikey, I couldn't believe you actually have a rotary dial phone! I wish I had a mCX2. Since I don't, I can't enter this contest. But, I'll keep my eyes on you guys.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:56 PM
Master of Micro Modding
valiantGLX's Avatar
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
You'er very lucky that my TV is out for repair but I happen to catch a little "eavesdropping"

I joke, I joke

BTW, it's called a "rotary dial"...LOL
Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet mother of god, I knew it Although I was expecting a wall mounted box with a brass speaker and mic + some burgundy braided cloth over the wires

You know you're gonna have to land on that Rotary Dial now for the challenge

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Been up all night working on my best mCX2 light mod ever, but bloody ole Murphy struck again, 2 solder joints away from completion and my soldering iron died Its coming up to 4am and Im not sure whether to get some sleep or try to fix my soldering iron
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Feb 12, 2013 at 07:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:13 AM
Master of Micro Modding
valiantGLX's Avatar
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
Yippee! I finished my lights last night/this morning and I have to say that Ive really out done myself this time I have dual spotlights, and a landing spot light mounted half way down the boom. I used SMD leds which are a third of the size of a match head, and hair thin enameled copper wire, you cant see any of the wires once the canopies on.

However in hindsight I should have went to bed I had one very successful flight in the dark, it was a beautiful sight thats for sure. But on the second battery pack I crashed and ruined my 5-in-1

I think I may have shorted something out I put the second light plug in the wrong way around so when it disconnected during the crash the male side of the plug still had power and shorted out somewhere.

Now its behaving very strange The 5-in-1 still powers up and binds, at this point the servos still work fine too, but as soon as I touch the throttle for more than a second the board loses signal then re-binds after a few seconds.

Does this sound like a blown FET or something worse?
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:30 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Yippee! I finished my lights last night/this morning and I have to say that Ive really out done myself this time I have dual spotlights, and a landing spot light mounted half way down the boom. I used SMD leds which are a third of the size of a match head, and hair thin enameled copper wire, you cant see any of the wires once the canopies on.

However in hindsight I should have went to bed I had one very successful flight in the dark, it was a beautiful sight thats for sure. But on the second battery pack I crashed and ruined my 5-in-1

I think I may have shorted something out I put the second light plug in the wrong way around so when it disconnected during the crash the male side of the plug still had power and shorted out somewhere.

Now its behaving very strange The 5-in-1 still powers up and binds, at this point the servos still work fine too, but as soon as I touch the throttle for more than a second the board loses signal then re-binds after a few seconds.

Does this sound like a blown FET or something worse?
I think the "guys in the know" (and believe me, I am NOT one of them I just sometimes remember reading about stuff) would say "check the crystal" - this whole bind/rebind stuff sounds like an issue there (I dont even know WHAT crystal they talk about, but in the posts I read it seemed to help ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:27 AM
Master of Micro Modding
valiantGLX's Avatar
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
Heres some unedited raw footage of my lights and the strange issue, be warned I drop the F-bomb towards the end, but not out of rage, rather excitement.

I think Ive narrowed the issue down to one of the motors, I'll have to look more into this

mCX2 ultra cool lights + strange problem (3 min 11 sec)


BTW, thats what my boom and led kits look like minus the 3 spotlights I still have 2 left.... hint... hint .... nudge.... nudge

EDIT: problem is definitely the motor yippee! here I was thinking I burnt out my 5-in-1, phewfff

One of the brush fingers was burnt out and contacting with the other side:



Edited noch mal: my mCX2 is airborne again I had to borrow the motor from my S300, but I just ordered another one to replace it Its cheaper to buy online than it is to buy a train ticket and go to my LHS, probably quicker too knowing the Berlin underground
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Feb 12, 2013 at 09:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:41 AM
Master of Micro Modding
valiantGLX's Avatar
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
Heres some pics of the new lights
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Eflite Blade MSR Plus 2.4ghz Eflite Transmitter soaringcam Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Apr 07, 2010 11:27 AM
Sold EFLITE BLADE MSR+BLADE 400+DX6i dhmojo Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Mar 29, 2010 11:38 PM
Sold Blade MCX2 LNIB mgroves Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Mar 23, 2010 12:17 PM
For Sale Trade, eflite blades for eflite blades....Sell Blade CP Pro NIB with extras. kdill2160 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Sep 02, 2006 10:28 AM
Alert Eflite Blade CX - 2nd Eflite heli jschenck Coaxial Helicopters 26 Oct 24, 2005 02:48 AM