SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:45 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
It's quite normal for coax's to have a little left drift while going FFF. You have to compensate by giving it a little right AIL. My MCX and Lama V4 do the same thing.

Mike.
+1

Despite being all that and a packet of chips, the mCX2s have some little quirks. Have you experienced the deathwobble yet cole5123?
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:00 AM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
+1

Despite being all that and a packet of chips, the mCX2s have some little quirks. Have you experienced the deathwobble yet cole5123?
Not yet. I'm still moving around slowly trying not to bump into things.
cole5123 is offline Find More Posts by cole5123
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:00 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Ahh the death wobble. How I hate that thing lol.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:12 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Not quite up to the 8 ball challenge but thought I'd have a bit of fun with my iPhone!

EFlite Blade mCX2 (2 min 17 sec)
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:51 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompwat View Post
Not quite up to the 8 ball challenge but thought I'd have a bit of fun with my iPhone!

http://youtu.be/qBBwxRmZci8
Hey, I used to live in Ipswich when I was stationed at RAF Woodbridge...town of Melton still standing?
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:52 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Ahh the death wobble. How I hate that thing lol.
Commonly called the "CLACK OF DEATH"!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:54 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,466 Posts
Quote:

BRAVO Chomp. Now, can it make a phone call

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:14 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Hey, I used to live in Ipswich when I was stationed at RAF Woodbridge...town of Melton still standing?
Hey Jake, yes Melton is still there. Not much aerial activity these days round here though. I grew up seeing F4's from Bentwaters and Lightnings from Wattisham in the skies every day.
Just the occasional Apache now!
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:41 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,327 Posts
Quote:

Nice Job!! and the filming from below is soo cool!! you just gave me an idea (just have to make sure your get the "creative credits" once this actually turns into a reality ... ...
Also, I will admit in advance, when I do the first 8ball thing, I will cheat in actually two ways:
1. the 8ball will not be a TRUE billiard ball, as those are only 2.25inch diameter and I dont know yet if a mCX2 even has ANY possibility to stand on there AT ALL ...
2. I am going to use little rubber feet (I make them from Dubro silicone fuel line) to help a bit with the sliding once the heli powers down and the torque starts to turn it (but I guess that on is only valid for micro FP's, as there is no torque in a specific direction on a mCX2 ... ...)
Anyway, as the ball is round (a discovery that definitely merits a nomination for one of the Nobel prizes ...) it will most definitely help against "gravity induced" slides ...

Oh, and the mCX2 is due to arrive today btw ... so we getting closer to the video (however the daing 8ball is just stuck somewhere in OHIO ... ...)

EDIT:
Just received notice, the 8ball made it to Allentown, so there is actually a chance I get it tomorrow (if I dont get snowed in by the remainders of nemo ... ...or THEY do ... in Allentown ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Feb 08, 2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:57 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Nice Job!! and the filming from below is soo cool!! you just gave me an idea (just have to make sure your get the "creative credits" once this actually turns into a reality ... ...
Also, I will admit in advance, when I do the first 8ball thing, I will cheat in actually two ways:
1. the 8ball will not be a TRUE billiard ball, as those are only 2.25inch diameter and I dont know yet if a mCX2 even has ANY possibility to stand on there AT ALL ...
2. I am going to use little rubber feet (I make them from Dubro silicone fuel line) to help a bit with the sliding once the heli powers down and the torque starts to turn it (but I guess that on is only valid for micro FP's, as there is no torque in a specific direction on a mCX2 ... ...)
Anyway, as the ball is round (a discovery that definitely merits a nomination for one of the Nobel prizes ...) it will most definitely help against "gravity induced" slides ...

Oh, and the mCX2 is due to arrive today btw ... so we getting closer to the video (however the daing 8ball is just stuck somewhere in OHIO ... ...)

EDIT:
Just received notice, the 8ball made it to Allentown, so there is actually a chance I get it tomorrow (if I dont get snowed in by the remainders of nemo ... ...or THEY do ... in Allentown ...)
I'd like to see about 4 mcx2 flying in a formation....
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:26 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
I'd like to see about 4 mcx2 flying in a formation....
Well, I only got ONE delivered at 2:30 today (according to the geniuses from USPS), I just havent left the house since getting back this morning, so I didnt see for myself yet.
But that will be fun trying to fly that on Sunday in the office ...
(if I can control myself that long and dont try it before at home ...)

(however, this could be something some guys do on a fun fly soon, now that they seem to have sonar sensors or something built in in RC helis to keep them from crashing into walls ...)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=17

just sayin' ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:21 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:

Great job Chomp! You want a fun challenge with that? Try to land on it with the nose pointing to you. That will probably take you a few batteries to get it, but its great practice with nose in hovering.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:01 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
+1

A few more flights in and I've found the death wobble.

Does anyone have an mCX2 that doesn't angle left during FF? Wondering if it's worth returning to see if I get different behavior from a new one.
cole5123 is offline Find More Posts by cole5123
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:54 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Mine doesn't, however I have had them for a long time and I dont remember if I made any changes for that specific issue in my computer radio.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:50 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole5123 View Post
A few more flights in and I've found the death wobble.

Does anyone have an mCX2 that doesn't angle left during FF? Wondering if it's worth returning to see if I get different behavior from a new one.
The two of mine do that .... I dialed it out with my dx6i using one of the mixes.