HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:49 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler101 View Post
what kind of heli is that he is using for the demo? Thats thing looks awesome!!
It looks like an FP MD500. Hard to tell the make.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:35 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler101 View Post
what kind of heli is that he is using for the demo? Thats thing looks awesome!!
According to another one of his vids its a TREX 450Pro with a MD500E body.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:33 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
450 Posts
i get my bnf mcx2 next tuesday, sigh.
bradymartin is offline Find More Posts by bradymartin
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:35 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradymartin View Post
Have you ever flown any type of helicopters before? I think you will find that it will be worth the wait.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:37 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
450 Posts
i have the blade scout for a couple weeks now. i think this new bird is the next step
bradymartin is offline Find More Posts by bradymartin
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:45 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Well, just as the scout, always remember if it feels like its getting away from you, cut the throttle and you will minimize any damage. Welcome to the mcx2 club!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:17 AM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradymartin View Post
My next day delivery ended up being 5 days and I was climbing the walls with impatience.
But it has been well worth waiting for.
I love this little heli only 2 days in and I'm on high rates and have moved to the more reactive swash setting. It is such a joy to fly.. My friend bought the MCPXv2 at the same time and he can barely get it off the ground.

Enjoy!
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:13 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompwat View Post
My next day delivery ended up being 5 days and I was climbing the walls with impatience.
But it has been well worth waiting for.
I love this little heli only 2 days in and I'm on high rates and have moved to the more reactive swash setting. It is such a joy to fly.. My friend bought the MCPXv2 at the same time and he can barely get it off the ground.

Enjoy!
That is absolutely NO surprise! (to me anyway - cause is it exactly what I experienced when I first tried to fly the mCPX) You just cant expect to progress on a CP heli the same speed as you do on a coax - 'cause one is about 500% more difficult to learn than the othere (of course I dont know a reasonable number %, but you get my drift, right?)
I "mess around" with the mCPX (and some other micro CP's) now for several months and I STILL cant fly figure eights in my 15x12ft office area

What I want to say, overall this comparison is not fair, as you try to compare learning how to ride a tricycle to driving a Ferrari ... but when is life fair, right???

Anyway, good luck and lots of fun to the both of you !!
HAPPY FLYING!

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:21 AM
Tally Ho Chaps!
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
That is absolutely NO surprise! (to me anyway - cause is it exactly what I experienced when I first tried to fly the mCPX) You just cant expect to progress on a CP heli the same speed as you do on a coax - 'cause one is about 500% more difficult to learn than the othere (of course I dont know a reasonable number %, but you get my drift, right?)
I "mess around" with the mCPX (and some other micro CP's) now for several months and I STILL cant fly figure eights in my 15x12ft office area

What I want to say, overall this comparison is not fair, as you try to compare learning how to ride a tricycle to driving a Ferrari ... but when is life fair, right???

Anyway, good luck and lots of fun to the both of you !!
HAPPY FLYING!

The point was my friend has clearly bitten off more than he can chew.
I tried it, the darn thing is so intimidating and my hat is off to anyone that can control that beast.

Me I'll be sticking with my tricycle for a bit! 😜
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:33 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,364 Posts
Quote:
The point was my friend has clearly bitten off more than he can chew.
I tried it, the darn thing is so intimidating and my hat is off to anyone that can control that beast.

Me I'll be sticking with my tricycle for a bit! 😜

Kinda what I was trying to say - I see you got my point . It was exactly like this for me ... the first couple times I did NOT even get the mCPX off the ground at all ... (until I realized I had the pitch servo reversed and was constantly trying to "push it into the ground", duuuuuh ...)
And YES, if you compare a mCPX with the mCX2, the mCPX is AWFULLY intimidating at first ... but believe me, things get better! (even if - like I said - I STILL cant fly figure 8's in my office ... but they will "come" one day as well ... and maybe once I will even be able to invert the darn thing (though I suppose, this would happen sooner with the V922 than with the mCPX, as the V922 has a special "beginners mode" for inverted flying!)

Back to topic ... and as you are mastering the mCX2 right now, how about taking part in the 8ball challenge in a little while (as it requires controlled hovering and spot landing practice more than anything else - and that is usually what people try to "perfect" first ...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:08 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
the question is, if ya dont have an 8 ball to land on, what is the equivalent?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:11 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
the question is, if ya dont have an 8 ball to land on, what is the equivalent?
Boiled egg
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:29 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:

Kinda what I was trying to say - I see you got my point . It was exactly like this for me ... the first couple times I did NOT even get the mCPX off the ground at all ... (until I realized I had the pitch servo reversed and was constantly trying to "push it into the ground", duuuuuh ...)
And YES, if you compare a mCPX with the mCX2, the mCPX is AWFULLY intimidating at first ... but believe me, things get better! (even if - like I said - I STILL cant fly figure 8's in my office ... but they will "come" one day as well ... and maybe once I will even be able to invert the darn thing (though I suppose, this would happen sooner with the V922 than with the mCPX, as the V922 has a special "beginners mode" for inverted flying!)

Back to topic ... and as you are mastering the mCX2 right now, how about taking part in the 8ball challenge in a little while (as it requires controlled hovering and spot landing practice more than anything else - and that is usually what people try to "perfect" first ...)
Ya know, I was actually the opposite on what I tried to perfect first. Landing is easy, it will come down regardless lol, but for me it was nose in hovering and flight. Now with planes, once I learned basic flight, it was all about the landing and touch and goes. They were actually the most fun for me with planes, trying to make those scale looking landings, Nowadays, its just bring the plane in and flop it on the ground and see how short of an area you can flop it into and back up in the air with a new battery lol.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:43 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:

This is what I'm practising my landings on at present. I'm just getting the hang of fighting the ground effect. However at the moment I'm struggling to get two landings in a 4 min flight.. Working on it though. Once I can get 4 landings in I'll have a go at the 8 ball. I'm sure I can find something of comparable size.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,364 Posts
Quote:
This is what I'm practising my landings on at present. I'm just getting the hang of fighting the ground effect. However at the moment I'm struggling to get two landings in a 4 min flight.. Working on it though. Once I can get 4 landings in I'll have a go at the 8 ball. I'm sure I can find something of comparable size.
How many days did you say you are doing this now? 2 if I remember right, ?? If my brain still works, you be landing on the 8ball in no time
RCG Plus Member