SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:57 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
The mcx is unavailable..you'd be really lucky finding one.
That's what I thought too, but the mcx is available on Amazon and my LHS carries them all the time. Horizon Hobby is also offering their holiday coupon for this helicopter. It's definitely in stock and being sold!
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,862 Posts
Jake was responding to my post. A member was inquiring about a BNF. I thought you could get one but, I was wrong. No longer available.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
The mcx is unavailable..you'd be really lucky finding one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Jake was responding to my post. A member was inquiring about a BNF. I thought you could get one but, I was wrong. No longer available.

Mike.

Gotcha. Yeah, I've found the same thing. No MCX BNFs anymore. I found a couple of them about 6 months ago at a hobby store which still carried the Rescue Tandem (!!!) but that's definitely old stock.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:17 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
525 Posts
I've been flying the mCX's on phoenix to tie be over until I can sort out my mCX2 which won't be until next week. I can't believe how much fun phoenix is!
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
I've been flying the mCX's on phoenix to tie be over until I can sort out my mCX2 which won't be until next week. I can't believe how much fun phoenix is!
No doubt!!! They've added a few new models recently like the 130X, mQX and a bunch of larger birds. There's a huge Goblin in there as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
No doubt!!! They've added a few new models recently like the 130X, mQX and a bunch of larger birds. There's a huge Goblin in there as well.
A goblin! Going to have to try that out lol. strange thing was I couldnt even find the SR120 there. The mCX flies exactly like my mCX2 does or pretty much and Ive learned that looking good flying planes is easy as long as you dont have to land and trying to just get the high performance nitro helis into the air is way above my skill level. Will use the tuition over the xmas holidays. plus anyone with a HP6DSM, the mod to make it work is dead easy and it works really well.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,900 Posts
? That's odd. The SR120 should be there. I'm pretty sure I've flown it.

One thing you should do is edit the model and change the flybar characteristics. You can change it from active to passive and there's a 3rd option. That tends to make it a little more challenging to fly which helps to improve your skill.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:37 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,755 Posts
The 120SR model is an upgrade. But you could download it from Phoenix's web site and install it.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,900 Posts
You can also update Phoenix by running the update function from within the application as well. I keep my install up to date with the latest models and flying sites this way.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Sep 2012
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
The 120SR model is an upgrade. But you could download it from Phoenix's web site and install it.
That's would explain it. I will get on the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
You can also update Phoenix by running the update function from within the application as well. I keep my install up to date with the latest models and flying sites this way.
I'm sure I did an update. I think it does it everytime I run it. Which hasn't been much lately. But I've just had my last day at Uni for a month so will be back to harassing you guys on a daily basis
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,900 Posts
Sounds good. You are running version 4.x right?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Dec 2007
138 Posts
battery charging

Hi gang, I have 2 helis that charge from my computer usb port. Is there such a charger for my mcx batterys? I would dearly appreciate a link. Tnx
shortfellow is offline Find More Posts by shortfellow
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:06 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfellow View Post
Hi gang, I have 2 helis that charge from my computer usb port. Is there such a charger for my mcx batterys? I would dearly appreciate a link. Tnx
I would like to caution you that most helicopters that charge via a USB cable has special batteries that has overcharge protection built into the batteries, as most of these USB cables are just simple cables.

You have to realize that somehow, something as to signal the END of a charge cycle when the battery is full. Otherwise, the charge will continue indefinitely until the battery bursts. The "smart" is built into:
(a) the charger, as in the case of your Blade mcx, or
(b) the battery, as in the case of most toy grade helicopter.

If you use a smart charger to charge a smart battery, no problem. You are doubly insured. But if you use a dumb charger (simple USB cable) to charge a dumb battery (like a mcx battery), the result is disastrous. Just don't do it!

Having said that, I haven't really come across any smart charger that is USB powered and readily accepts Eflite style batteries, although I've seen such a charger being converted to accept such batteries, as seen HERE. This is a USB powered charger from WL-Toys. It is used for their V911 helicopter which accepts a proprietary battery. The battery is essentially the same as the ones you would use on your mcx. There is no difference in characteristics. However, the battery connectors are different. So, if you run a simple extension plug from the charger, you get yourself a USB powered charger.

Another way to achieve the same result is to use your own Celectra charger for the mcx. But instead of using the 6V AC/DC adapter, hack up a USB to extension to deliver 5V DC to the Celectra charger.

But if I were you, I would prefer to charge my batteries from a regular outlet. I don't necessary want to use my computer to charge toy batteries. My computer is far more important to me than these toys. But you might thinking along the line of portability. So, there you go. A couple of options for you.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Dec 16, 2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Dec 2007
138 Posts
usb port charger

Thanks for the quick reply Heli pad. I have a v911 and it charges 2 batterys at once. So all I need is a cable that will connect to my charger and to my mcx battery. I can find a way to get each of these cables and connect them together but does anyone sell special cables like this that you know of? Buying one would be a lot easier. Tnx again. Vince
shortfellow is offline Find More Posts by shortfellow
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:12 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfellow View Post
Are you talking about something like this?::
https://helidirect.com/hyperion-6-po...?_bksrc=item2c

If so, you are familiar with parallel charging right?

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012