HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:17 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
I have recorded a vid but I am having trouble uploading it. Everytime I try it comes up with a connection problem. I will keep trying. It isn't very good anyway as I had to use my elbow on the tx lol.

Someone might be able to spot something.
You need to upload a video to "Youtube" or "Vimeo" first. Then attach that file (video) "directly" to where you would normally post.

If the inner shaft is rubbing the battery, just file the inner shaft flush with the collar.

Sorry for the bogus info a few posts back. I thought I was on the S107 thread You missed Jake's "belay that order" and I wasn't fast enough to take it down

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:13 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
You need to upload a video to "Youtube" or "Vimeo" first. Then attach that file (video) "directly" to where you would normally post.

If the inner shaft is rubbing the battery, just file the inner shaft flush with the collar.

Sorry for the bogus info a few posts back. I thought I was on the S107 thread You missed Jake's "belay that order" and I wasn't fast enough to take it down

Mike.
No worries chap

I managed to lift up the shaft and it's no longer rubbing against the battery but it seems to be getting worse regarding the motor turning the gear.

I think I managed to upload a video using photo bucket. Here is the link

http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0

I'm not sure how helpful it is.
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:02 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
SR120, grab your top rotor and pull up and down. There should be a "tad" of up and down play. If not, the bearing holder/bushing is too tight up against the top rotor. Hold the bottom gears with your thumb and finger and with a pair of needle nose pliers (or regular pliers) gently grab that bushing (010 in manual) and twist and pull down at the same time. The idea is to back that bushing off so it's not tight against the top rotors. I think this could be the problem as to why your bottom rotors keep stopping. This in turn could put a strain on both motors. BTW, did you notice if the motors are running hot after doing this "spin-up"???

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:42 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
5,822 Posts
The bottom rotor is intermittent. When the bottom rotor is not spinning, the top gear and the left motor is not spinning either. I think there is a problem with the drive train.

It also seems to me that the left motor is bent slight backwards. I'm not talking about the motor shaft, because I don't see the vibration. I'm talking about the whole motor was not mounted straight. And as a result, there seems to be too much pressure on the pinion and shaft.

I would suggest to first unplug the right motor have the board so that you could isolate the left motor to work on. Could you hear noises when the rotor/gear/pinion not spinning. If so, the pinion is slipping on the motor shaft.

If not, then I would disengage the left motor from the gear and housing and see if it is binding on its own, or if it could turn freely and consistently. If it isn't, you've got a problem with the motor or wires, or worse, the board. But if the motor is spinning freely and consistently, there is a mechanical problem with the mount and the top gear. Replace the motor into the frame. After the motor is engage with the gear, could you turn the bottom rotor as freely as the top rotor, or does it seem binding to you?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Dec 01, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:35 PM
Master of Micro Modding
valiantGLX's Avatar
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Does any one know how many amps the built in ESC's output??
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:23 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
SR120 Where you have been gone for a bit, please bring us (me) up to date again. Sorry. Did you crash this hard resulting in you taking it down to replace anything? One thing is for sure, the top rotor OR motor sounds like crap. This is why I asked if you felt the motors right after spin-up.

Some close up pictures of what HP is talking about would be awesome. Turn the blades a half turn between pics so we can get a good look at the pinion gears and their shafts. Also the whole motor(s) positioning.

Mike.

EDIT:WHOA, I just thought of something. What if this is a case of "frame warp, ala overheating" syndrome.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Dec 01, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:22 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
No worries chap

I managed to lift up the shaft and it's no longer rubbing against the battery but it seems to be getting worse regarding the motor turning the gear.

I think I managed to upload a video using photo bucket. Here is the link

http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0

I'm not sure how helpful it is.
Push the left motor (looking from the rear) down just a tad...looks like it's hitting the upper gear.

I don't know if my eyes are going bad, but it looks like the top blades are going the wrong way...

Red wire ouboard of the 5n1, white wire outboard of the 5n1. I think you have the upper blades motor plug in backwards..
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:37 PM
Registered User
DoomsDay's Avatar
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,008 Posts
Mine did something very similar to that, The sound, sounds exactly when my motor went bad after the first 3 flights. I put a new motor in and it fixed my issue. On mine, when trying to spin up the bottom rotor would not spin up very well and after doing that several times, the motor was extremely hot to the touch. so mine was a bad motor. you might try the same, do your test and then touch both motors and see if that one is really hot.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:55 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
Jake, I didn't have much to work with but, it looked to me the top blades were turning in the correct direction (CCW).
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:01 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
SR120 ...

EDIT:WHOA, I just thought of something. What if this is a case of "frame warp, ala overheating" syndrome.
I was going to say that earlier but he said he thought it was engaging too tight... doesn't a heat warped frame cause the pinion to "dis"-engage? (physical path of least resistance)
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:11 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,027 Posts
Your plugs look backwards...white/black motor wires go to the outside of the 5n1..the red/blue go on the inside plug.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:52 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
SR120, grab your top rotor and pull up and down. There should be a "tad" of up and down play. If not, the bearing holder/bushing is too tight up against the top rotor. Hold the bottom gears with your thumb and finger and with a pair of needle nose pliers (or regular pliers) gently grab that bushing (010 in manual) and twist and pull down at the same time. The idea is to back that bushing off so it's not tight against the top rotors. I think this could be the problem as to why your bottom rotors keep stopping. This in turn could put a strain on both motors. BTW, did you notice if the motors are running hot after doing this "spin-up"???

Mike.
Right well there didn't seem to be any 'up and down' play what so ever but there certainly is now. I'm not quite sure I fully understand what you mean by pulling down the bushing. I'm using the tech sheet from here as I can't find my manual http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...oded%20dia.pdf

Anyway I'm not quite sure what I have done now but I can't seem to line the big gears up with the motor gears and secure them and even when I do. The big gear that drives the lower blade just doesn't seem to connect snuggly with the motor gear.

I think one of the motors was really warm when I was spinning the blades but I'm not sure. I will have another go tomorrow. Cheers for the help
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:05 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Your plugs look backwards...white/black motor wires go to the outside of the 5n1..the red/blue go on the inside plug.
Sorry I didn't see everyones replies as Ive been fiddling about for the last few hours with little success. It's good to see that there is a lot of help on offer though

There is every chance the wires are the wrong way round as they came unplugged but I thought as long as the blades span counter clockwise to each other with the shape of the blade in the right direction it didn't matter? It did actually fly briefly yesterday exactly how it should.

There have been no big incidences whatsoever and I have a bad feeling there has been something not quite right since the beginning. It has literally had less then 20 mins flight time. The blade/big gear I am having issues with just does not seem to fit right against the motor gear and I also thought that maybe there is something wrong with how the motor is set in the frame or whether the frame is out of shape.

It's all abit depressing really. I'm going to hit the sack as it's midnight and its driving me crazy but I will carry on tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for all the help
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:25 PM
Which way is up?
stuball56's Avatar
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Ya, that has all got to be very frustrating. My MCX2 is very stable and alot of fun. I had this "perpetual problem" problem on my first MCPx. I finaly got it sorted out with help, from here. So, keep at it if you can.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:30 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Mine did something very similar to that, The sound, sounds exactly when my motor went bad after the first 3 flights. I put a new motor in and it fixed my issue. On mine, when trying to spin up the bottom rotor would not spin up very well and after doing that several times, the motor was extremely hot to the touch. so mine was a bad motor. you might try the same, do your test and then touch both motors and see if that one is really hot.
I will do this first thing. The weird thing is there doesn't seem to be much resistance on the motor when I manually try and turn it which is why I didn't think it was the motor. I will wire it all up right and check for heat. That's if I can get everything together again right
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Last edited by SR120 fan; Dec 02, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Eflite Blade MSR Plus 2.4ghz Eflite Transmitter soaringcam Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Apr 07, 2010 10:27 AM
Sold EFLITE BLADE MSR+BLADE 400+DX6i dhmojo Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Mar 29, 2010 10:38 PM
Sold Blade MCX2 LNIB mgroves Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Mar 23, 2010 11:17 AM
For Sale Trade, eflite blades for eflite blades....Sell Blade CP Pro NIB with extras. kdill2160 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Sep 02, 2006 09:28 AM
Alert Eflite Blade CX - 2nd Eflite heli jschenck Coaxial Helicopters 26 Oct 24, 2005 01:48 AM