HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:46 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
I just scored some off ebay

I used WD-40 on my old mcx2, which worked but is not recommended. My new mCX2 sits on the shelf collecting dust in between flights, so I thought it was about time to lube her up. I was actually gonna ask you what lube you used, cause I remembered you speaking highly of 1 in the past, but alas you posted the above and saved me the leg work out of coincidence
Yeah I was on their site yesterday and was excited about some of the new formats I see that it now comes in... will work great on certain parts of my RC cars running in the snow this winter... for both lubing and corrosion protection. I do have other products I use for corrosion protection and waterproofing RC electronics... but I really dig the Tri-Flow... would like to try the dry version (goes on wet and dries to a wax film) which sounds like a similar product I use called Fluid Film
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:19 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Are you talking about the upper bearing? If so it should be pushed all the way down and doesn't require glue. You then push both the rotor gears up and tighten.

When building my mCX2's I take out the outershaft then use a flat surface to press down the upper bearing as much as possible
This here: EFLH2213

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ter-Shaft-Main

The plastic part that holds the bearing slides down ever so slightly. But then again, this is my original part on my MCX which I think is about 3 years old

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:29 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Yeah I was on their site yesterday and was excited about some of the new formats I see that it now comes in... will work great on certain parts of my RC cars running in the snow this winter... for both lubing and corrosion protection. I do have other products I use for corrosion protection and waterproofing RC electronics... but I really dig the Tri-Flow... would like to try the dry version (goes on wet and dries to a wax film) which sounds like a similar product I use called Fluid Film
Go to your local bike shop and get some chain lube which is Teflon..goes on wet and then dries......don't use WD-40 contains oil which is bad for plastic...use light machine oil on the two brearings in the frame.....dab some silicon on a q-tip and lube the links.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:18 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Go to your local bike shop and get some chain lube which is Teflon..goes on wet and then dries......don't use WD-40 contains oil which is bad for plastic...use light machine oil on the two brearings in the frame.....dab some silicon on a q-tip and lube the links.
Bike shops sell Tri-Flow (contains Teflon)... especially for chains

I'm covered for the helis... I use the Tri-Flow everywhere on them... never had a problem with any of the things guys get paranoid about using wet lubes on the helis, I know lots of guys on RCG are using it for the same purpose ... but it does now come in the "dry" format... I like the idea of the dry formats for my RC cars this winter on the bearings and screws. Not sure I need to buy the Dry Tri-Flow though... just remembered I have 2 or 3 products that are similar but without the Teflon... Fluid Film and Boeshield T-9 and some Canadian products, one of which is similar to Corrosion-X for the electronics (AD3000 and AD2000).

I'd never use WD-40 on my helis, but it's popular for outdoor winter use of surface RCs applied all over the vehicle... snow just slides off of it
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:31 PM
Which way is up?
stuball56's Avatar
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I'm using Corrosion X on the motors, and Deoxit on servo's, plastic to plastic and plastic to metal. But I think I will stop with the CX on brushed motors and start using a light machine oil for motor bearings. I don't think it would be good to get the CX on the brushes.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:23 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
I'm using Corrosion X on the motors, and Deoxit on servo's, plastic to plastic and plastic to metal. But I think I will stop with the CX on brushed motors and start using a light machine oil for motor bearings. I don't think it would be good to get the CX on the brushes.
You're using CX inside the motors? Are we talking about your mcx2 or car?
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Nov 17, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:42 PM
Registered User
frankbeagle's Avatar
Kankakee, IL
Joined Sep 2008
90 Posts
Since I'm going to my son's house for thanksgiving tomorrow, I'll probably take my MCX2 with me so I'll have something to play with. I'm down to 3 of my original batts and I know oneof them is geeting weak. It'll probably die and I'll just have to hit my LHS and buy a couple more new ones on friday.

Have a happy thanksgiving to those who celibrate it!!!
frankbeagle is offline Find More Posts by frankbeagle
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:06 PM
Which way is up?
stuball56's Avatar
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
You're using CX inside the motors? Are we talking about your mcx2 or car?
Corrosion X can be used anywhere on the motor. I don't know if it would do any good inside the motor, probably, but if you believe the info, CX will not harm electronics, and is in fact good for keeping moisture off of electronics. I use it on the bearings.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:49 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
Corrosion X can be used anywhere on the motor. I don't know if it would do any good inside the motor, probably, but if you believe the info, CX will not harm electronics, and is in fact good for keeping moisture off of electronics. I use it on the bearings.
Oh, yeah, I know all about CX... one of my car ESCs is drenched in a local equivalent of it... just not sure about actually putting inside a brushed motor for a few reasons I can think of... wasn't sure if that's what you meant.

I run motor cleaner through my larger brushed motors every few runs... and blow out right away with compressed air. Standard procedure
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:14 PM
Which way is up?
stuball56's Avatar
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Me too, on my Summit with it's DeWalt brushed motor, and with the FE boats (Brushless) too, some call it "pickling" the motor.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:24 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,433 Posts
Yeah, with the motor cans sealed up the way they are on the small mcx2 type motors there's really no way to put anything inside even if you wanted to, so I guess it's a non issue with those ones anyway
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:55 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbeagle View Post

Have a happy thanksgiving to those who celibrate it!!!
Thanks, Frank. If we're talking on here about our toys, we have a LOT to be thankful for!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:35 AM
plane crasher extrordinaire
microairman1's Avatar
United States, IL, Waukegan
Joined Sep 2012
432 Posts
hey there guys does anybody make different canopys for the mcx2?
microairman1 is offline Find More Posts by microairman1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
Master of Micro Modding
valiantGLX's Avatar
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microairman1 View Post
hey there guys does anybody make different canopys for the mcx2?
http://www.micro-flight.com/

Doing business with him is a bit of a gamble though, he's got, well lets just say mixed reviews.

Other than that people just make canopies from different helicopters fit the mCX2.
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Eflite Blade MSR Plus 2.4ghz Eflite Transmitter soaringcam Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Apr 07, 2010 10:27 AM
Sold EFLITE BLADE MSR+BLADE 400+DX6i dhmojo Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Mar 29, 2010 10:38 PM
Sold Blade MCX2 LNIB mgroves Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Mar 23, 2010 11:17 AM
For Sale Trade, eflite blades for eflite blades....Sell Blade CP Pro NIB with extras. kdill2160 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Sep 02, 2006 09:28 AM
Alert Eflite Blade CX - 2nd Eflite heli jschenck Coaxial Helicopters 26 Oct 24, 2005 01:48 AM