Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:18 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Take Offs and Landings

Let's see some of your unusual take offs and landings....................

http://youtu.be/RMPeu9QH7Ys?hd=1
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:26 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Let's see some of your unusual take offs and landings....................

http://youtu.be/RMPeu9QH7Ys?hd=1
What about landing on a moving platform? Sorry for the crappy quality, I was trying out those spy sunglasses, wasn't very good inside the house.

MCX2 Landing on a moving platform (3 min 50 sec)
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:51 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
What about landing on a moving platform? Sorry for the crappy quality, I was trying out those spy sunglasses, wasn't very good inside the house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUJUL...5&feature=plcp
love it!
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:57 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
311 Posts
Finally got to open my mCX2 and either the battery has a dodgy end connector or the connector that goes onto the helicopter battery is dodgy! Going to email the vendor and see what they say but had to wait so long to fly it it is rather depressing. Anyone had it arrive with similar issues? Should I just email a few off ebay as they are so cheap and will be used anyway?
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:07 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,008 Posts
If you are using stock battery that came with it, make sure you plug in red dot to red dot. if you do it wrong you can blow the board on the mcx2
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Sep 2012
311 Posts
Yeah I have been. With a Lot of fiddling I can get it work. But the slightest nudge and it disconnects. Most of the time just spinning the rotors is enough for it to disconnect. It flies but will disconnect and plunge so I'm leaving it obviously. The board is fine. I will wait to hear back from them.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:07 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I just got mine today, bound it to my DX6i and had my maiden. Flying in my basement, which has a large carpeted area to fly in. I gotta say, after first buying a Nano CPX and trying to fly that thing, crashing constantly, this thing is a pleasure. I can fly it already without banging it into walls or the floor. Maiden flight of about 5 mins and not one crash! this is what I thought the Nano would be for me. I have a while to go before I can fly that one. Next is probably a FP micro, than I'll go back to the CPX. Love this little guy already! The lights are pretty awesome too.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:12 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
Yeah I have been. With a Lot of fiddling I can get it work. But the slightest nudge and it disconnects. Most of the time just spinning the rotors is enough for it to disconnect. It flies but will disconnect and plunge so I'm leaving it obviously. The board is fine. I will wait to hear back from them.
yep sounds like a bad connecter but could be the battery. Can you run down to a local hobby town and pick a battery up to try? Heck, you could take the box with you and they could test it right there for ya
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:13 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
I just got mine today, bound it to my DX6i and had my maiden. Flying in my basement, which has a large carpeted area to fly in. I gotta say, after first buying a Nano CPX and trying to fly that thing, crashing constantly, this thing is a pleasure. I can fly it already without banging it into walls or the floor. Maiden flight of about 5 mins and not one crash! this is what I thought the Nano would be for me. I have a while to go before I can fly that one. Next is probably a FP micro, than I'll go back to the CPX. Love this little guy already! The lights are pretty awesome too.
Wait till you put it on advanced mode. It will go faster in forward flight and be a little more responsive! They are a joy to fly even after your skill level goes beyond it!
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:35 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Quote:
I sold my nano...I guess CP is not for me!
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:36 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Is it ok to use the trim feature on my DX6i for this heli? It seems to have a little bit of drift, and spin. Just a little, I need to keep on holding a bit of left aileron to keep it straight, and a little rudder. Normal or not? Thanks for the advice so far. This thread is invaluable to newcomer like me.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Sep 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
yep sounds like a bad connecter but could be the battery. Can you run down to a local hobby town and pick a battery up to try? Heck, you could take the box with you and they could test it right there for ya
Thats actually a good idea. I really didn't want to mess with it already but a new cable is only 1.75 so if I don't get a great response from the vendor I will solder a new one and get some batts of ebay.

Yes completely agree about this heli. From the short flights I have had it is everything people said it would be. I am very glad I went with it instead of the mSRX. But will get the mSR as soon as it is available over here which might not be for a while but will probably let someone get it for me for christmas if it is out by then as I have enough to keep me going for the foreseeable future.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:36 PM
In my Prayers
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,354 Posts
SR120fan, do you have anything to test the voltage in these 1S batts? A multi meter?

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:37 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,008 Posts
Quote:
Is it ok to use the trim feature on my DX6i for this heli? It seems to have a little bit of drift, and spin. Just a little, I need to keep on holding a bit of left aileron to keep it straight, and a little rudder. Normal or not? Thanks for the advice so far. This thread is invaluable to newcomer like me.
Why sure it is ok, thats what the trims are there for. Keep in mind that as you run, the battery will slowly drain and it will usually cause your heli nose to start drifting towards the left.