Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
EDIT: Even HH think the 3ch is crap, cause in the picture they have a 4ch setup (pay close attention to the swashplate )
Perhaps HH gets money from Red Bull for selling this model. The fuse is pretty ugly IMHO.

But I do believe this is indeed 3CH!!! I think this thing models after the Scout CX. Even though you may see 2 links to the swash plate, you are forgetting that the one on the left could be stationary, not attaching to a servo, as in the case of the Scout CX.

Also, if you look at the Tx. It is suspiciously Scout CX like. Therefore, I doubt very much that this is DSM compatible. Don't expect it to bind with your other Spektrum radio, which to me is a deal breaker.

Red Bull CX? Sorry, I will definitely PASS.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:47 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
But I do believe this is indeed 3CH!!! I think this thing models after the Scout CX. Even though you may see 2 links to the swash plate, you are forgetting that the one on the left could be stationary, not attaching to a servo, as in the case of the Scout CX.
It seems like you are right sir. I thought maybe they added an mCX2 brick for flying around the office and forgot to take it out for the photo shoot But upon reviewing the other pics it does look to be stationary.

Quote:
Perhaps HH gets money from Red Bull for selling this model. The fuse is pretty ugly IMHO.

Also, if you look at the Tx. It is suspiciously Scout CX like. Therefore, I doubt very much that this is DSM compatible. Don't expect it to bind with your other Spektrum radio, which to me is a deal breaker.

Red Bull CX? Sorry, I will definitely PASS.
Perhaps they do get money from red bull, but I would think its vice versa

Its definitely a dud product, and I suspect they wont sell too many.

GRRR they should be focusing on an mCX3

Also I started a thread about it if anyone want to throw their 2c in: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post23097562
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,197 Posts
I'm glad that you agree. Another dead give away that I just saw: The left stick on the Tx is slotted to go up and down Only. Definitely an overpriced 3CH.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:40 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
I'm glad that you agree. Another dead give away that I just saw: The left stick on the Tx is slotted to go up and down Only. Definitely an overpriced 3CH.
Probably the biggest dead give away is on the specs sheet

Approximate Flight Time: 6-8 minutes
Battery: 1S 3.7V 150mAh 25C Li-Po (included)
Completion Level: Ready-to-Fly
Experience Level: Beginner
Flying Weight: 1.02 oz (29 g)
Height: 4.72 in (120mm)
Is Assembly Required: No
Length: 7.87 in (200mm)
Main Blade Material: Plastic
Main Gear Ratio: 12.28:1
Main Motor Size: 6.5mm coreless
Main Rotor Diameter: 7.48 in (190mm)
Number of Channels: 3
Recommended Environment: Indoor
Rotor Type: Coaxial
Size/Scale: Ultra Micro
Type: Ultra micro coaxial helicopter
Width: 1.89 in (48mm)
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:35 PM
Constructive Destruction
United States, VA, Christiansburg
Joined Apr 2010
103 Posts
Seriously, Red Bull CX? What a joke. Bet ya, most of that 70 bucks is a licensing fee. =P The yellow MCXs are like 79... they fly a heck of a lot better.
statiiic is offline Find More Posts by statiiic
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:44 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by statiiic View Post
Seriously, Red Bull CX? What a joke. Bet ya, most of that 70 bucks is a licensing fee. =P The yellow MCXs are like 79... they fly a heck of a lot better.
Too right. And..

If you must have a full fuselage buy an mCX2
If you must have a 3ch get a cheap one off ebay to learn on.
If you must have a good 3ch buy a Scout CX for 50bux

I cant believe they expect to sell these We all know HH products are totally overpriced but we still buy them, but this red bull CX is beyond a FING joke
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:02 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,654 Posts
So it's a highly commercialized Blade Scout then?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...h-heli-BLH2700

seems to be about an inch longer...
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:25 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Anybody else have multiple probs right out of the box on a new mcx2? Leans to left and servos grind while stirring the pot. The heli just flies where it wants to. Horizon sent me a new 5 in 1 which my hobby shop replaced for me. They pronounced it fixed, but the same problem reared it's ugly head again. It just goes crazy all the time. All seems in place from what I can see. The moving parts rub up against the fuselage. I can bring it to a light hover, then it just goes whacko. I've been back to hobby shop multiple times. I'm sure they're sick of me.

Horizon wants me to send everything back to them for troubleshooting, I hope this fixes the problem.

Am I the only one to have all these problems while it's brand new? I am very gentle with all control inputs, so I know it's not me.

Thanks for any input.
Sinloi is offline Find More Posts by Sinloi
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:20 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinloi View Post
Anybody else have multiple probs right out of the box on a new mcx2? Leans to left and servos grind while stirring the pot. The heli just flies where it wants to. Horizon sent me a new 5 in 1 which my hobby shop replaced for me. They pronounced it fixed, but the same problem reared it's ugly head again. It just goes crazy all the time. All seems in place from what I can see. The moving parts rub up against the fuselage. I can bring it to a light hover, then it just goes whacko. I've been back to hobby shop multiple times. I'm sure they're sick of me.

Horizon wants me to send everything back to them for troubleshooting, I hope this fixes the problem.

Am I the only one to have all these problems while it's brand new? I am very gentle with all control inputs, so I know it's not me.

Thanks for any input.
Loosen the flybar screw, and or trim it
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:23 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post

Its actually the ugly bastard child of the mCX2 and the Scout CX. It seems to me like it is mostly mCX2 parts with a Scout RX and TX.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:13 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Skids look like they may fit the mCX2 after all. YAY

Also the mainframe looks to be better than the stock mCX2's one, and it should be a direct fit. Double YAY for us mCX2 modders

Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:21 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post

Yup, I agree. I'm surprised Heli_Pad was the only one to pick up on the "stationary" servo rod...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinloi View Post

Thanks for any input.
You could be pushing your battery in WAY too far and the battery is hitting the servo(s) gear(s). Not for nothing but, this is the feature I like about the MCX. You can see "exactly" how close the battery is to the servos

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,197 Posts
Because Heli Pad doesn't really own a Scout CX and it took him forever to understand why it was a 3Ch, when it first looked so much like a 4Ch at the onset. Heli Pad has to ask a lot of dumb questions to finally see the light. LOL.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:24 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,944 Posts
Quote:
Because Heli Pad doesn't really own a Scout CX and it took him forever to understand why it was a 3Ch, when it first looked so much like a 4Ch at the onset. Heli Pad has to ask a lot of dumb questions to finally see the light. LOL.
And Chap got caught with his pants down that I "insisted" that, because, there were "two" servo arms, therefore it "must" be 4 channel (on the Scout CX).

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:59 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Thanks guys, I had already tried all that with no results. The bird looked like somebody had sat on it when I first took it out of the box. I suppose anything could happen during shipping. Thankfully Horizon is going to give it a thorough going over once it is shipped back to them.

I was beginning to feel like a real knucklehead. I KNOW I can fly based on my hobby shop allowing me to fly the stores demo model.

I figure it will take a few weeks to get this all sorted out.....(hopefully)
Sinloi is offline Find More Posts by Sinloi