HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:14 PM
RC pilots do it in the air
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
Thanks again for the links, Valiant! I will incorporate many of these suggestions.

Not sure about the aluminum bits ... a bit pricey for me. They look great though!
marke14 is offline Find More Posts by marke14
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:14 PM
The Helinator. "AL BE FLYING"
Joined Jun 2012
126 Posts
Oh and don't forget my shameless modifications too Like Roboheli, the thread to VALIANTGLX totally inspired me to actually buy the MCX2 and go all out! Here's mine with a full CNC build and Canopy conversion:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1687909
sroc3 is offline Find More Posts by sroc3
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:24 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marke14 View Post
Thanks again for the links, Valiant! I will incorporate many of these suggestions.

Not sure about the aluminum bits ... a bit pricey for me. They look great though!
No worries!

I used to love the aluminium bits and even swear by them, but lately I have been flying full plastic (I refrain from using the term "stock" though) mCX2 variations, and have I been producing better than great results.

The full BLING* BLING* setups are still super cool though, and they do produce some added performance. But... I also think that related to the great performance increase, the common misconception is due to the fact that you are replacing an old part with a new one. The best example is the inner shaft; You will inevitably damage your inner shaft after half-a-dozen solid crashes (or several, if you're unlucky), it also may not be apparant at first, but eventually you will notice your heli spiraling around like it's being sucked down a sink, a phenoma commonly referred to as the Toilet Bowl Effect (TBE). So subsequently by replacing it with a new one, whether it be Microheli or stock, shows a great increase in stability.

All in all, all that the aluminium accessories achieve is:
  1. BLING*
  2. Better heat sinking capabilities
  3. Increased duarbility
  4. (In that order)
But... Who can resist the BLING*
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jul 23, 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:41 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroc3 View Post
Oh and don't forget my shameless modifications too Like Roboheli, the thread to VALIANTGLX totally inspired me to actually buy the MCX2 and go all out! Here's mine with a full CNC build and Canopy conversion:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1687909
No shame in your game mate!!! LOL
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:04 AM
RC pilots do it in the air
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
Excellent work sroc3! That looks amazing!

Valiant, I hear you on the bling and heat sinking ... in that order.

I would love to get some more forward velocity, I need to finish the stuff I can do with the stock bits and the radio setup.
marke14 is offline Find More Posts by marke14
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:01 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
I have nearly completed my mCX2 S300, It is lower than low, so low in fact that it could quite possibly parachute out of a snakes ass

Also I have been tinkering with the lighting system on my pod and boom mCX2, and I just purchased the parts to complete what will be arguably the best mCX2 tailboom in the world, here is my plan:

However the good news is that due to the way these parts are sold, I will have left over parts for another 9 tailbooms. So after I have completed the first one on my mCX2, assuming its a success, would any one be interested in buying one???????????
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:10 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marke14 View Post
Excellent work sroc3! That looks amazing!

Valiant, I hear you on the bling and heat sinking ... in that order.

I would love to get some more forward velocity, I need to finish the stuff I can do with the stock bits and the radio setup.
(Scout CX flybar + Carbon fibre tailboom + Reversing the battery orientation) x (A good 25c battery / Some mechanical trimming) - flying skills = Maximum Forward Velocity

Its a fool proof equation that is tried and true!!!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:37 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,196 Posts
Hey Valiant. I might be interested in one of the booms.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:23 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Hey Valiant. I might be interested in one of the booms.
Excellent! I have no idea what I will charge yet though, I guess I have to make one first to see how long it takes me.

I plan to be in the production phase within the next 3 weeks.

Also I'm not entirely sure how I want to execute the transaction either; whether I have the buyers send me a tail boom and front canopy so I can install everything, then send it back. Or, simply send the buyers a new tailboom with the light/s pre-fitted and let you guys work out the rest.

I am open to suggestions, and I could even make custom kits too. With the mCX2 3 light effects are possible: Fast flash, slow flash and solid.

The tailboom will be covered with un-shrunk white shrink tube to conceal the wires, and if all goes to plan no wires will show on the tail fin either (all wire will be hidden)

EDIT: Check out my proof of concept here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post22252688
EDIT: I just updated my proof of concept
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jul 25, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Jan 2005
745 Posts
MCX2 Tail Not Steady? - PROBLEM SOLVED!

Found the answer to my tail waggle problem!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...stcount=218und
1. shortened bottom of gear shaft so it did not touch battery holder cross member
2. Moved counter weight forward to about 1/2 inch from rear of boom mount.
Now practically no tail viberation GREAT!

ANY SUGGESTIONS how I can tame down tail waggle??
My Blade MCX2 has a problem with tail wagging back and forth. Problem is
greatest at beginning of flight and settles down quite a bit after about 3 min
of flight time. Acts like GYRO is set to sensitive but this heli does not have
a sensitivity adjustment.
All other flight characteristics are great and flight time is 7 + min. Blades
are in good shape and heli is in nice shape overall.
scharlach is offline Find More Posts by scharlach
Last edited by scharlach; Jul 27, 2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: problem solved
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:54 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Here's a short vid of my mCX2 SMD LED light kit fitted to my mCX2 S300

For more info navigate here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...504277&page=42
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Jul 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
I have nearly completed my mCX2 S300, It is lower than low, so low in fact that it could quite possibly parachute out of a snakes ass

Also I have been tinkering with the lighting system on my pod and boom mCX2, and I just purchased the parts to complete what will be arguably the best mCX2 tailboom in the world, here is my plan:

However the good news is that due to the way these parts are sold, I will have left over parts for another 9 tailbooms. So after I have completed the first one on my mCX2, assuming its a success, would any one be interested in buying one???????????
yes, i'm interested in buying one.
i have the stock covered mCX2 tail. what's to be the price?
UB6uJ is offline Find More Posts by UB6uJ
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:14 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB6uJ View Post
yes, i'm interested in buying one.
i have the stock covered mCX2 tail. what's to be the price?
Awesome

I currently have a broken (seperated) shoulder so soldering is proving to be a rather arduous task. Give me a several weeks to make a few up, then I will be able to determine the price.

Included in the kits will be a fully equipped mCX2 tailboom with a dual coloured SMD LED, which will be simply plug and play.
Carbon Fiber Tail Boom with Fin: BMCX2 [EFLH2428]: http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...rodID=EFLH2428

Additionally I will include a mCX2 stock light harness, which has been lightly modified. To install the light harness you will need to poke 2 little holes in the front half of your canopy, and then use a plastic safe glue to fix the lights in position.
Replacement LED set (3): BMCX2 [EFLH2404]: http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...rodID=EFLH2404

Then the only thing left to do is plug the tailboom circut into the 3 pin connector on the light harness, and then plug the lighharness into the mCX2 5-in-1.

Last edited by valiantGLX; Aug 16, 2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:16 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Updated my S300 Blog: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post21521244

Ok I am just updating my update to infom you that I have updated my S300 upgrades, be sure to check out the new updates that I am constantly updating

The worlds most heavily modified mCX2 / S300.avi (3 min 54 sec)
Last edited by valiantGLX; Aug 16, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Jul 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Awesome

I currently have a broken (seperated) shoulder so soldering is proving to be a rather arduous task. Give me a several weeks to make a few up, then I will be able to determine the price.

Included in the kits will be a fully equipped mCX2 tailboom with a dual coloured SMD LED, which will be simply plug and play.
Carbon Fiber Tail Boom with Fin: BMCX2 [EFLH2428]: http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...rodID=EFLH2428

Additionally I will include a mCX2 stock light harness, which has been lightly modified. To install the light harness you will need to poke 2 little holes in the front half of your canopy, and then use a plastic safe glue to fix the lights in position.
Replacement LED set (3): BMCX2 [EFLH2404]: http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...rodID=EFLH2404

Then the only thing left to do is plug the tailboom circut into the 3 pin connector on the light harness, and then plug the lighharness into the mCX2 5-in-1.

cool. good luck with the shoulder injury. i do want one of these. thx
UB6uJ is offline Find More Posts by UB6uJ