HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbeagle View Post
Been awful quiet here lately....

Just been flying my MCX-2 no problems 'cept my original eflight batt's are starting to wear out.

Just replacing them with Venom 150 25c batt's from my LHS. With them I can fly a good 10mins without hitting lvc!

Frank "WOOF" Beagle
Challenger Dealer
N797FB
http://frankbeagle.blogspot.com/
frankbeagle@hotmail.com
708-269-8057
Yeah I was getting almost 9 mins from a Thunderpower 160 I decided to try. I took proper care and did all the right things but only get about 6 mins of hard flying out of it now after somewhere between 50 to 100 flights. I think these all go south after a while no matter the brand. That jives with what John Salt says... if you get more than 50 flights out of one you're doing okay and to consider them disposeable.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyZone Sport Cub S BNF
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:04 PM
Proud To Have Served 1983-1987
SEMPERFI8387's Avatar
United States, PA, York
Joined Dec 2005
931 Posts
Picked one of these up recently, and I gotta say, for being so small, it's one of the easiest coaxials I've flown. I have Esky lamas, 4-BOL's, cx2's n cx'3's, S022, S031G, Esky tandem, an MCX on the way, and this little treat. I love it so much I just ordered 6 more batteries. That should give me 15 for now. That lets me practice for quite awhile. Got quite the collection going....think I'm done collecting for now.
SEMPERFI8387 is offline Find More Posts by SEMPERFI8387
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:02 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbeagle View Post
Been awful quiet here lately....

Just been flying my MCX-2 no problems 'cept my original eflight batt's are starting to wear out.

Just replacing them with Venom 150 25c batt's from my LHS. With them I can fly a good 10mins without hitting lvc!

Frank "WOOF" Beagle
Challenger Dealer
N797FB
http://frankbeagle.blogspot.com/
frankbeagle@hotmail.com
708-269-8057
Do you have a problem with motor temperatures going up in that length of time?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:52 AM
Master of Micro Modding
valiantGLX's Avatar
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,659 Posts
I am regretably selling my 1 of a kind mCX2, the one that many of you have become familiar with in my youtube videos:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/280834267710?...84.m1555.l2649
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:01 AM
Registered User
frankbeagle's Avatar
Kankakee, IL
Joined Sep 2008
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Do you have a problem with motor temperatures going up in that length of time?
Not that I have noticed..... 'course I have the full body

And I fly it once and let it sit for 30mins or so before I take off again....
frankbeagle is offline Find More Posts by frankbeagle
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:49 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
Hey guys, I just bought my wife a mcx2 rtf and the tx that it comes with is a piece. Anyways, I don't want to spend any more money until she is commited to flying helis. I have an old Blade SR tx (HP6DSM) and am wondering if any of you have bound your mcx2 to it. If so, which dip switches did you have to change?
GeKu is offline Find More Posts by GeKu
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:02 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeKu View Post
Hey guys, I just bought my wife a mcx2 rtf and the tx that it comes with is a piece. Anyways, I don't want to spend any more money until she is commited to flying helis. I have an old Blade SR tx (HP6DSM) and am wondering if any of you have bound your mcx2 to it. If so, which dip switches did you have to change?
http://www.bindnfly.com/CompatibleProducts/ (first one on the chart I believe)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...93&postcount=3

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1399073
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Feb 27, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
Thanks, I'll give those a read.
GeKu is offline Find More Posts by GeKu
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:28 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2006
101 Posts
After probably around 50 crashes, I manage to break the tail canopy. However I don't feel like spending more than $20 for the complete canopy set, so I bought the tailboom and fin for the MCX since my LHS do not have the one for the MCX2.

After installing the MCX tailboom and fin on my MCX2, the tail has a strong vibration when the motor is running. Any body have this experience? Now I'm afraid to order the tailboom for the MCX2, as it may do the same. I cannot figure out what's causing the vibration.
Dimension7 is offline Find More Posts by Dimension7
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:20 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension7 View Post
After probably around 50 crashes, I manage to break the tail canopy. However I don't feel like spending more than $20 for the complete canopy set, so I bought the tailboom and fin for the MCX since my LHS do not have the one for the MCX2.

After installing the MCX tailboom and fin on my MCX2, the tail has a strong vibration when the motor is running. Any body have this experience? Now I'm afraid to order the tailboom for the MCX2, as it may do the same. I cannot figure out what's causing the vibration.
This has been discussed to death and the causes and fixes are all here in this and the other mcx2 thread. If you go to my profile and find all my posts you'll come across them. I'll link them all here when I get a chance but I have to run to the LHS right now.

EDIT
Ok, I'm back... needed to go get some spares for the mSR I just received in the mail today

This is the most recent discussion on the mCX2 CFTB that I remember. The one thing not mentioned that I recently saw a guy on YouTube do to fix it is flip the tail fin upside-down. I personally don't care for the way it looks that way but that's just me By the way, I recently tried going back to the full body tail and the heli is definitely more responsive with the CFTB. Let me know if you need more than this here...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=218
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Feb 27, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:29 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,923 Posts
...my previous post right above... edited and updated.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyZone Sport Cub S BNF
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2006
101 Posts
Thanks for the tip North_of_49.

Here's what I did on my tail shake problem using the MCX tailboom & fin. I inserted a plastic straw (yes, the drinking straw) on the tailboom and for some reason it minimize the shake that it is unnoticeable during flight, but when grounded and the rotor is spinning, there's still an occational shake.
Dimension7 is offline Find More Posts by Dimension7
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:48 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
jgalexander's Avatar
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,961 Posts
Hi all,
I just bought a used MCX2 for my son, am having some issues, and am wondering if anyone on here might have some insight on what's going wrong. Here's what I know:
Basically, one rotor is spinning up normally, while the other one slowly revs up to full speed. The rotor with the issue does have a bit of a gearing issue (the big white gear is a bit out of round). I tried using a variety of batteries, with no change in the issue. I also tried swapping the two-pin leads that go from the motors to the 5-in-1 board, which moved the issue from one motor/rotor system to the other. All that said, I think I know where the issue lies, but I'd like to hear what the experts have to say.
Thanks in advance,
Josh

Blade mcx2 mystery issue (0 min 25 sec)
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2012, 03:05 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,885 Posts
Your blue indicator light is blinking instead of being on solid. That sounds as if the heli isn't bound correctly or the 4-in-1 has issues. Swapping the motor leads from one side to the other will tell you if the motor is bad. Did you buy the heli from an individual or did you buy it from the place on Ebay that sells heli's that have known issues?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 03:26 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
jgalexander's Avatar
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Your blue indicator light is blinking instead of being on solid. That sounds as if the heli isn't bound correctly or the 4-in-1 has issues. Swapping the motor leads from one side to the other will tell you if the motor is bad. Did you buy the heli from an individual or did you buy it from the place on Ebay that sells heli's that have known issues?
Yeah, the blinking was because the battery was almost dead. I put a couple more fresh batts through it right afterwards - no blinking, just solid blue, but still the same issue. When I swapped the leads, the motor function/dysfunction switched as well. Bought it from an individual on here. Supposed to be fully functional.
Thanks for the response,
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Eflite Blade MSR Plus 2.4ghz Eflite Transmitter soaringcam Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Apr 07, 2010 10:27 AM
Sold EFLITE BLADE MSR+BLADE 400+DX6i dhmojo Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Mar 29, 2010 10:38 PM
Sold Blade MCX2 LNIB mgroves Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Mar 23, 2010 11:17 AM
For Sale Trade, eflite blades for eflite blades....Sell Blade CP Pro NIB with extras. kdill2160 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Sep 02, 2006 09:28 AM
Alert Eflite Blade CX - 2nd Eflite heli jschenck Coaxial Helicopters 26 Oct 24, 2005 01:48 AM