HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:53 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmeister View Post
I'm using TinyBrites on mine. The stock lights weren't an option because I prefer the CF tailboom to the plastic rear section, and I don't want strobing nav's. It was a bitch to install - it involved custom-building a few pieces from bent paper clips and attaching them to the mainframe. Came out pretty good, though.
Yeah I like the look of the pod and CF Boom as well and that's what I'm using but I missed my lights... so that's what I'm setting up on my pod & boom. I like the strobing... not as hard on the battery/flight times as "always on" lights. Aesthetic wise, I wish they would strobe even more. By that I mean there's a particular pattern I like... groups of really fast ones with dead zones between the groups. I'll have to google your TinyBrites, not familiar.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:12 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmeister View Post
I'm using TinyBrites on mine. The stock lights weren't an option because I prefer the CF tailboom to the plastic rear section, and I don't want strobing nav's. It was a bitch to install - it involved custom-building a few pieces from bent paper clips and attaching them to the mainframe. Came out pretty good, though.
Well, after some Googling and watching some youtube vids, I'm really interested in those Tiny Brite lights but their website is severely broken
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:02 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,584 Posts
Was this the main page?

http://flightlights.net/index.html

Their store front is broken as of this morning it seems.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:19 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Was this the main page?

http://flightlights.net/index.html

Their store front is broken as of this morning it seems.
Yes that's the one... can't even get to the product info pages other than videos... and their email address links to to a "mailto:" that isn't even an email address. It's kind of a mess
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:38 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,013 Posts
Dont even try to get anything from them. Last I heard they are not returning any emails, and have all but gone out of business. There are reports on this site alone, where people have ordered from them and not received anything.

Try this guy, he has been making lights for planes and everyone has been pretty excited about them. If the web site doesn't have anything your looking for, send the guy an email! He has been willing to create what people want for their aircraft.
http://www.sf-design-solutions.com/default.html
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:44 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Dont even try to get anything from them. Last I heard they are not returning any emails, and have all but gone out of business. There are reports on this site alone, where people have ordered from them and not received anything.

Try this guy, he has been making lights for planes and everyone has been pretty excited about them. If the web site doesn't have anything your looking for, send the guy an email! He has been willing to create what people want for their aircraft.
http://www.sf-design-solutions.com/default.html
Good to know... thanks.

I'm just looking through an old 4 track cassette recorder right now that I've been using for parts in my DIY projects for my camera rig... seeing what it has for LED's

EDIT
Anyone know a good place to get self flashing LED's?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:26 PM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
Anybody know why batteries are all out of stock? I was able to find a couple on ebay but all my local shops are on backorder.
Mustang02 is offline Find More Posts by Mustang02
Old Jan 18, 2012, 02:40 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,584 Posts
My LHS says that the Christmas season saw the sales of a LOT of helicopters. Now everyone wants extra batteries. I've got the same issue with my LHS...
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:41 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,988 Posts
Hi guys,

I was thinking about getting the mcx2 to fly around the house and heard there was some problems with it. Could you guys tell me these problems and describe them. I really don't feel like reading through this whole thread. Thanks.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:52 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Hi guys,

I was thinking about getting the mcx2 to fly around the house and heard there was some problems with it. Could you guys tell me these problems and describe them. I really don't feel like reading through this whole thread. Thanks.
No problems. Get one and get at least 2 extra batteries.
I've had a blast with it for the past 3 weeks.
Now I'm planning to get something bigger, but I'm keeping the mcx2.

edit: I just noticed that you're not a newb, like me.
The only problem is high-speed left turns. It might wobble and might even drop to the floor in a "death spiral".
You get used to it and plan accordingly. I guess it's a trait of all coax helis ?
This heli has been bullet-proof for this newb. I don't know what else I could do to break something. I'm running the outer swash balls and high rate on the tx and I've had some crazy wrecks while trying to push my limits. It just goes right back to flying. So far I'm glad I didn't bother buying any spare parts and spent that $ on lipos (I have 6 ).
Brian VT is offline Find More Posts by Brian VT
Last edited by Brian VT; Jan 18, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:54 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
No problems. Get one and get at least 2 extra batteries.
I've had a blast with it for the past 3 weeks.
Now I'm planning to get something bigger, but I'm keeping the mcx2.
oh, cool. I thought the motors overheat or something? Or something with the tail?
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
536 Posts
Quote:
oh, cool. I thought the motors overheat or something? Or something with the tail?
Some have had the plastic main frame warp due to motor heat.
No problems here, but I usually have a smoke and check my email between flights. Maybe the warpers didn't give it a few minutes to cool down ? I dunno.
Mine is bone stock and I've had no problems.
Brian VT is offline Find More Posts by Brian VT
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:40 AM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Aug 2011
125 Posts
Stock plastic body needs a couple of minutes between flights to cool down the motors (else you will warp the body and the motors will have a short life)

If you want back to back flights you need to switch to the metal frame
danb1974 is offline Find More Posts by danb1974
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:48 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,667 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys,

It's a matter of preference, but I ended up taking off the rear section and replacing it with the boom and fin set ($5). I don't need no blinky lights!!!! I got Thunder Power 150mah batteries from Bocca Hobbies for $8.99. I can use them in my micro plane too, so, it's a nice deal. They were one of the few items I ordered on line and got cheap S&H AND they were here super quick!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:06 AM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
No issues here. I've had mine for a few weeks though. I let the batteries and motors cool down for 20 to 30 mins between flights. The tail does a little wobble but that is expected. And the "Death spiral" is due to loss of thrust on the left. If you turn right it's the opposite and goes up. Not really and issue like state above just be prepared while doing the maneuver.
Mustang02 is offline Find More Posts by Mustang02