HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:16 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaloo158 View Post
I'm not sure what a "servo" is... I'm a real newb, don't forget. When you say "drawing too much juice" are you talking about battery juice? If so, that isn't the case... I'm getting a good 6 to 7 minute flight time on each battery. From what I have read, I'm thinking that is the norm.

I'm really hoping that it isn't a bad 5 in 1 as it isn't even a week old. That would be a real drag.
My flight times on my mcx2 are between 7.5 and 8.5 minutes on the stock battery depending how I'm flying. Had a couple of flights yesterday that were 8:45. Not sure what others are getting.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:24 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Aug 2011
125 Posts
You serious? How are you flying? Flight times are more like 5-6 mins on stock battery and 6-7 mins on 150mAh
danb1974 is offline Find More Posts by danb1974
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:29 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danb1974 View Post
You serious? How are you flying? Flight times are more like 5-6 mins on stock battery and 6-7 mins on 150mAh
Yeah I've mentioned it to Jake over in the Scout thread a couple of times. Sometimes I'm just practicing pin point landings with a bunch of go arounds in between. When I'm really whipping around I get 7.5 mins. Sometimes that includes the odd crash and having to go pick it up but that doesn't kill more than maybe 5 secs... maybe 10 if I have to put the battery back in.

I get 6.5 mins on my stock 70mAh lipos in my Scout but that seems to have dropped lately... but I've also been ripping around pretty hard in that one now.

Have been running all my flights in both birds to LVC. (maybe I won't get away with this for long... we will see).

EDIT
Going for a flight right now... will time it.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Jan 10, 2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spelling again
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:22 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
EDIT
Going for a flight right now... will time it.
This flight was a mix of about 75% FFF and medium forward flight mixed with 4 or 5 touch and go landings on the kitchen table and a shoe box. One small crash that killed maybe 5 seconds to get airborne again and maybe 5 seconds to unlock my iPod to stop the timer. Stock 120mAh lipo... run to LVC.

Name: mcx2-flt-1.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 21.5 KB
Description:
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
9 Posts
I am no expert when it comes to li-po batts, but everything I have read about the mcx2 120mAh batt is even if you can fly that long you shouldnt. As soon as I notice even the most remote loss of power , I shut it down. Thats mostly to conserve thelife of my one and only battery. I also do the 5 minute cool down after flight, 5 minute cool down after taking a charge. But thats just me. Two more minutes of flight per charge isnt worth pre-maturely replacing the batteries or my heli motors.
Sethiol is offline Find More Posts by Sethiol
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Dec 2011
9 Posts
On a side note, has anyone attempted to bind the RTF transmitter with a different BNF heli? I am looking to get a BNF blade 120, but cant currently afford to buy a 4 or 6 channel radio. I would like to hold off on buying a nice DX6 radio until I know I want to put more money into this hobby.
Sethiol is offline Find More Posts by Sethiol
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:57 PM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethiol View Post
On a side note, has anyone attempted to bind the RTF transmitter with a different BNF heli? I am looking to get a BNF blade 120, but cant currently afford to buy a 4 or 6 channel radio. I would like to hold off on buying a nice DX6 radio until I know I want to put more money into this hobby.
You certainly can. In fact, I think the RTF 120 SR comes with the small Tx. You will feel a difference if you to a nicer radio in terms of resolution, but you shouldn't have any problems doing basic maneuvers with the small Tx.
TexasAggie is offline Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:42 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
You certainly can. In fact, I think the RTF 120 SR comes with the small Tx. You will feel a difference if you to a nicer radio in terms of resolution, but you shouldn't have any problems doing basic maneuvers with the small Tx.
The RTF 120 SR comes with a MLP4DSM Tx, I used that Tx for my mCX2 and 120 SR. Then I purchased a DX8 (still use the MLP4DSM for the mCX2).
cwall64 is offline Find More Posts by cwall64
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:47 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Aug 2011
125 Posts
You can even bind an msrx to the little mpl4dsm transmitter
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:26 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
It will work perfectly fine for you Brian. I love my 4 port charger.
I'm liking it ! I'm anxious for my 3 more lipos (now 6 total) to get here tomorrow . My wife (trying to watch TV) is not so anxious. LOL
Brian VT is online now Find More Posts by Brian VT
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:14 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,554 Posts
Just incase some people don't know, Thunderpower makes a 4 port charger that's quite a bit less expensive than the E-flite one. There are 2 versions of the package, one with a wall adapter and one without... they both include battery leads with clips for powering them off small Gel or AGM lead acid battery or car battery. $35 for the one with wall wart and $25 for the one without (maybe even less in the U.S.). I'm picking one up tomorrow locally. The same setup in E-flite including wall wart would cost me almost $70 in Canada and still wouldn't include any 12v battery leads.

TP103CQ
and
TP103CQ-ACDC

http://hobbyalley.com/store/product/...AC-DC-Charger/
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Jan 11, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
I have tried to search to see if there is a issue with the MCX2. I have had mine for about a week and once I turn the remote on and then plug the battery in it takes forever for the helicopter to activate. This evening I waited for over one minute, I then unplugged the battery at the helicopter and reconnected it and within 10 seconds the lights in the MCX2 came on and I started flying. This happened on numerous occasions. Is this a common occurrence with the MCX2? If this has been answered I am sorry for asking but I tried to locate an answer but was unsuccessful. Thanks in advance.
Egrunt is offline Find More Posts by Egrunt
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:53 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post
I have had mine for about a week and once I turn the remote on and then plug the battery in it takes forever for the helicopter to activate.
Haven't seen that issue with mine at all. I assume you're waiting the 5+ seconds after turning on the tx before connecting the battery ?
Brian VT is online now Find More Posts by Brian VT
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:36 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post
I have tried to search to see if there is a issue with the MCX2. I have had mine for about a week and once I turn the remote on and then plug the battery in it takes forever for the helicopter to activate. This evening I waited for over one minute, I then unplugged the battery at the helicopter and reconnected it and within 10 seconds the lights in the MCX2 came on and I started flying. This happened on numerous occasions. Is this a common occurrence with the MCX2? If this has been answered I am sorry for asking but I tried to locate an answer but was unsuccessful. Thanks in advance.
Also, holding the tx to close to the helicopter can cause it to take longer to initialize. One of my mcx2's does that if I have the tx within a foot of it when I go to initialize it.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:01 AM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Aug 2011
125 Posts
Try with fresh batteries in the tx and see if it still happens. Had the surprise to get bad batteries with a new Losi rc car which has spektrum technology and until I changed them the car binded to the transmitter every 3-4 attempts.