HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:56 PM
Joined Feb 2006
18 Posts
Discussion
Scratch built Quadcopter Frame

This is my scratch built quadcopter frame, made of 1/16" aluminum plate, and 3/8" channel. the booms are carbon arrow shafts. It spans 20" (approx 500mm) and has a mass of about 80g. I plan to use the quadpowered board and a jr 6ch reciever to do AP. My question is what size motor/prop combo would suit this frame well to provide a decent runtime/payload, Also what type of payload should i be able to expect? sorry about the background clutter in the pictures, only room with decent lighting
clbalso90 is online now Find More Posts by clbalso90
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2010, 07:32 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,718 Posts
Nice build start. From many builders experiences in the last 5 years, the arrow shafts tend to be too flexible to use on larger quads. They would be OK for arms of about 15cm or 6in per arm and smaller motors similar to: http://www.unitedhobbies.com/hobbyki...idProduct=2069 and EPP0845 props. So you might consider building a much smaller quad if you want to use them. Other suggested arm materials more suitable for larger frame quads are listed in Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by clbalso90 View Post
This is my scratch built quadcopter frame, made of 1/16" aluminum plate, and 3/8" channel. the booms are carbon arrow shafts. It spans 20" (approx 500mm) and has a mass of about 80g. I plan to use the quadpowered board and a jr 6ch reciever to do AP. My question is what size motor/prop combo would suit this frame well to provide a decent runtime/payload, Also what type of payload should i be able to expect? sorry about the background clutter in the pictures, only room with decent lighting
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins