HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 20, 2012, 09:47 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2011
115 Posts
Sure is flat in the UK(g)

Gets to altitude quick though.
Doug913 is offline Find More Posts by Doug913
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 11:02 AM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug913 View Post
Sure is flat in the UK(g)

Gets to altitude quick though.
very flat in that part yes...
the plane has loads of power to get up, I only give it bursts of max 7 or 8 seconds through fear that the 70a esc might pop..
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:04 AM
Registered User
Husafreak's Avatar
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Oct 2004
752 Posts
Finally got to maiden my E Typhoon (in the rain!) last week, so much for sunny CA! It flew very well, easily climbing straight up on 4s with the Nue motor and 15" prop. Glide is fast and flat, rolls axial, inverted fight requires very little down elevator, wanted to float forever on landing. In short, a dream for acrobatics Plus it has this crazy whistle when it flies, typical mouldy sound but this one does it all the time. I have to work out my elevator mixes with flaps and power, it wants to pull vertical hard at full power, downthrust would have been a better idea. It seemed to roll slower and less axially when the flaps were mixed to follow the ailerons, gotta fly it some more but I don't think I will use that mix, it rolls like a pattern plane with just ailerons! I have so many planes and helis that it takes me a long time to get some of these projects airborne but it's a cinch I will be flying this one a lot now, it flies great. Next up is the slope fuse...
Husafreak is online now Find More Posts by Husafreak
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:10 PM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husafreak View Post
Finally got to maiden my E Typhoon (in the rain!) last week, so much for sunny CA! It flew very well, easily climbing straight up on 4s with the Nue motor and 15" prop. Glide is fast and flat, rolls axial, inverted fight requires very little down elevator, wanted to float forever on landing. In short, a dream for acrobatics Plus it has this crazy whistle when it flies, typical mouldy sound but this one does it all the time. I have to work out my elevator mixes with flaps and power, it wants to pull vertical hard at full power, downthrust would have been a better idea. It seemed to roll slower and less axially when the flaps were mixed to follow the ailerons, gotta fly it some more but I don't think I will use that mix, it rolls like a pattern plane with just ailerons! I have so many planes and helis that it takes me a long time to get some of these projects airborne but it's a cinch I will be flying this one a lot now, it flies great. Next up is the slope fuse...
what 4 cell battery do you use in the ephoon?
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:32 PM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
here is my ephoon in the lake district (UK) with side facing keychain camera, I normally use go pro but this little thing has surprisingly good quality for 25 and has next to no weight or drag!
electric Typhoon with onboard keychain camera in Lake District UK (6 min 58 sec)
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:47 AM
Speed is Good!
rumbey's Avatar
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeydukey10 View Post
here is my ephoon in the lake district (UK) with side facing keychain camera, I normally use go pro but this little thing has surprisingly good quality for 25 and has next to no weight or drag!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjpWOo2IFpg
What Motor, esc and batteries are you using. How is performance? Vertical climb?
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:18 AM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbey View Post
What Motor, esc and batteries are you using. How is performance? Vertical climb?
I use 22003s nanotech battteries with 70a perkins esc which I am about to swap out for ice lite 75

Here is the motor and other details:
Kontronik Kira 480-34, 5.2:1 geared
Aeronaut 16x10 cam prop
RFM 38/5 spinner
Hyperion Cool Bec

Yes, I get unlimited vertical and its plenty powerful - I never power on for more than 7 or 8 seconds and its almost out of sight in that time!! I think about getting 4s batteries sometimes but havent got around to it yet

The current esc gets warm as do the batteries but none of it gets hot

Great plane! I have slope fuz as well

Got it all from and it was built by sloperacer.co.uk
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:42 AM
Speed is Good!
rumbey's Avatar
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
567 Posts
Good setup except the cheap ESC. I am thinking of the Jeti SB Pro 70A.

I think I'll just have to push the boat out and get a decent motor. Didn't really want to spend that much but I can't get a Gearbox flange for my HET 20-2w motor
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:48 AM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbey View Post
Good setup except the cheap ESC. I am thinking of the Jeti SB Pro 70A.

I think I'll just have to push the boat out and get a decent motor. Didn't really want to spend that much but I can't get a Gearbox flange for my HET 20-2w motor
yes, thats why I am putting a decent esc in... expensive plane with cheap esc = bad idea

Ah - the het 2w 20... I have one in my plasma 2 hotliner... I put a gearbox on it as well....
This is the gearbox set up:
Kontronik Gear box KPG25 5.2:1
Adapter plate
RFM 38/5 spinner
Aeronaut prop 16x8

Will that be powerful enough to pull the typhoon vertical though!? It works a treat on the lightweight plasma but I am doubting it will have enough pull... I am no expert though

If you want the gearbox, the adapter plate is a custom order.. Let me know if you want details
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:58 AM
Speed is Good!
rumbey's Avatar
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeydukey10 View Post
yes, thats why I am putting a decent esc in... expensive plane with cheap esc = bad idea

Ah - the het 2w 20... I have one in my plasma 2 hotliner... I put a gearbox on it as well....
This is the gearbox set up:
Kontronik Gear box KPG25 5.2:1
Adapter plate
RFM 38/5 spinner
Aeronaut prop 16x8

Will that be powerful enough to pull the typhoon vertical though!? It works a treat on the lightweight plasma but I am doubting it will have enough pull... I am no expert though

If you want the gearbox, the adapter plate is a custom order.. Let me know if you want details
Yes please I would like details of the gearbox and flange adapter plate. At least I can try it out. Or I could upgrade to the HET 25-2w
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:18 AM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbey View Post
What Motor, esc and batteries are you using. How is performance? Vertical climb?
I use 3s 2200 nanotech batteries
Kontronic motor
70a Perkins esc, about to change for ice lite 75
Not sure on prop size
Performance is very good, yes loads of vertical until I can't see it
I only need to blip throttle for 6 seconds and it's up and almost out of sight
If u want more power details let me know
The plane was built for me by sloperacer.co.uk
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:39 AM
Speed is Good!
rumbey's Avatar
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeydukey10 View Post
I use 3s 2200 nanotech batteries
Kontronic motor
70a Perkins esc, about to change for ice lite 75
Not sure on prop size
Performance is very good, yes loads of vertical until I can't see it
I only need to blip throttle for 6 seconds and it's up and almost out of sight
If u want more power details let me know
The plane was built for me by sloperacer.co.uk
Where did you get the gearbox and flange adapter plate for Het motor?
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:29 AM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbey View Post
Where did you get the gearbox and flange adapter plate for Het motor?
I recently got all the bits from tony@sloperacer.co.uk
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:47 AM
Speed is Good!
rumbey's Avatar
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeydukey10 View Post
I recently got all the bits from tony@sloperacer.co.uk
Oh I spoke to Tony and he said you cant get a flange adapter or you have to get it specially machined to fit?

How did you manage with the Plasma hotliner?
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:01 AM
voodoo magic maaan
lukeydukey10's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
Tony was kind enough to get one made for me... Not sure where he got it from...
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion RCRCM Typhoon 2m - First detail pics slopetrashuk Slope 2469 Aug 13, 2014 07:58 AM
Build Log Typhoon electric build log and presentation Ghost_ Electric Sailplanes 0 Mar 29, 2010 12:47 PM
Build Log Stinger 45 Build Log by sekollera EscoFlier Slope 129 Jan 08, 2009 10:06 PM
Build Log Blu-Baby Build Log - by Phil PhillipE Aerial Photography 6 May 23, 2008 09:20 PM
Discussion RCSP Blackwing build log (by an amateur) bennymack Foamies (Kits) 5 Oct 02, 2007 08:30 PM