HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:28 AM
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2007
2,168 Posts
Howdy, I just got started on a typhoon e build. What looks like Delamination down the center of the fuse bottom is not what it seems in photos. They did a very poor job overlapping the seam.

Nonetheless, this ones getting the latex glove treatment. Plane was masked first, then I uses some tight weave carbon (3oz.?) and a glass veil for the transfer. Transferred perfectly, but I am still concerned with huge canopy... Will lay on some tow beneath it once this cures.
la528it is offline Find More Posts by la528it
Last edited by la528it; Apr 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:42 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,841 Posts
What happened to your video lukey? I was keen to watch it. They fly a bit differently with the GoPro airbrake attached dont they??
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:55 AM
voodoo magic maaan
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
here is the video - not sure why the link didnt work before
RCRM Typhoon with go pro HD flying on Bo Peep South England (7 min 16 sec)

yes - its a good air brake.. If only they made a more rounded go pro...
I discovered afterwards that the CG is way off in this video which explains why it isnt flying very well...
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:06 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,325 Posts
Nicely done La528, looks way better than stock. What power system is going in it?

Im kinda dissapointed they havent fixed the nose yet at the factory...
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:00 PM
Speed is Good!
Chippenham, Wilts
Joined Oct 2005
569 Posts
Received the Typhoon and e-fuz today.

Its very good quality and as good as any other mouldy I have except the top F3F spec gliders.

Fairly comprehensive hardware kit, well packaged and arrived in 5 days.

The efuse also has 4 additional carbon reinforcement strips along the front part of the fus. I'll still add a couple G10/fibreboard strips before fitting out
rumbey is offline Find More Posts by rumbey
Last edited by rumbey; Apr 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:31 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,841 Posts
Looks like RCRCM have been taking notice of this forum then.

Havent flown my typhoon for a long time. Im keen to shoot some more onboard vids with it and use the latest key chain cam instead of the gopro.
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old May 07, 2012, 01:20 AM
Joined Dec 2007
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double View Post
Looks like RCRCM have been taking notice of this forum then.
Yeah, here is what i found online:

Design By RCRCM Aero Team.

About the products' version improvement, we will not prior notice.

Had the chance to maiden with lucky owner of new plane today, unfortunately no pics of flights, but it was fantastic. I thought this would be boring plane: I had similar wing in my over-powered, and it was boring. Perhaps shorter cord is what makes this one more lively. Either way, we had it dialed in as suggested here: 63mm from fuse to mold line on te of tail, and 86mm from le for cg.

All settings were stolen from regular typhoon instructions, and they were spot on: +7/-5 ail, as much rudder as possible, 10+- on elevator, -2 flaps and -1 ail for camber, flaps all down for landing, ail +7 and elevator -4. I did allow aileron to travel more and have less diff in landing mode, and it stopped so well, that we misjudged landing every time, first 80 feet off, then 40, then 40.

Overall great warmliner, I am impressed "thumbsup"
Old May 07, 2012, 04:28 AM
Joined Apr 2011
99 Posts
The solution of long linkage rods for wings.
olerc is offline Find More Posts by olerc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DG600 from RCRCM
Old May 07, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Dec 2007
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerc View Post
The solution of long linkage rods for wings.
I don't like clevis on servo unless you need a lot of throw (eg rudder, elevator), here is linkage I did on this plane:
Old May 07, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Apr 2011
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it View Post
I don't like clevis on servo unless you need a lot of throw (eg rudder, elevator), here is linkage I did on this plane:
Excellent!!!!
olerc is offline Find More Posts by olerc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DG600 from RCRCM
Old May 08, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,490 Posts
Nice build, la528it!

I notice you run an antenna out the rear servo cover. This is how my Futaba antenna exits out the fuse. Other antenna is on other side of fuse, exits behind servos. Receiver is behind CF wing joiner..I may replace these servos with digis..

I am a little reluctant to fly my Typhoon very hard, after the forward fuse failures. Mine is the "carbon " version from SUSA, but all the same, I am just flying mine on 3S for now. My Typhoon fuse doesn't have the reinforcement strips that rumbey has.
I didn't reinforce the nose area, like you did during the build.

(ps. pictures previously posted on Typhoon thread)
320pilot is online now Find More Posts by 320pilot
Last edited by 320pilot; May 08, 2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old May 08, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Dec 2007
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post
Mine is the "carbon " version from SUSA, but all the same, I am just flying mine on 3S for now.
I didn't reinforce the nose area, like you did during the build.

Thanks! This was also the carbon version. And just like Jackomister's plane, looked like delam in the cockpit area, but possibly just bad overlap. To do the reinforcement, all you need to do is grind out the motor mount, take your time cleaning, and then buy some good epoxy resin (aeropoxy, mgs, etc.) and some cloth + tow from sollar composites. The reinforcements took about 90 minutes to lay out the cloth, pieces, mix epoxy, apply and inflate. The tow took about 30 min. Of course, each sat in sun box for 1+ days in between. If you need a firewall, send me pm with OD and gearbox mounting pattern, takes me about 2 days to cnc and ship.

Cheers!
Old May 08, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,490 Posts
Thanks, for the offer. I had Dave Hauch build up a firewall for me, in plywood. He had a Typhoon he was building so he had a fuse to do a test fit.

At this point I hate to rip out this motor mount, though I should reinforce the forward fuse.
320pilot is online now Find More Posts by 320pilot
Last edited by 320pilot; May 08, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old May 20, 2012, 07:42 AM
voodoo magic maaan
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
342 Posts
nice video of my etyphoon tearing it up in Kent (England) on a sunny saturday morning
beautiful flying field!!
make sure you watch it in HD and turn the volume down, its all crackly for some reason
electric typhoon 2m go pro HD (6 min 45 sec)
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Last edited by lukeydukey10; May 20, 2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: dodgy sound