HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:23 AM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Discussion
Her We Go Again. NASA Climate Data More Of A Mess Than CRU's

Seems the climate data at NASA is even more of a mess than the now discredited CRU stuff.
The real big difference is that NASA seems willing to come out and admit it......

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...mategate-data/
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:11 PM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
When a govt hands out information for the sole purpose of manipulating public opinion it is called propaganda.

If they can use the machinations of the entertainment industry it is called powerful propaganda.

Welcome to the world..
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 31, 2010, 03:09 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,164 Posts
Here is an interesting report on climategate.

http://watchingthedeniers.wordpress....re-called-for/
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:16 PM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Jim,

I skimmed the document and it comes across as a political whitewash meant to maintain the status quo and protect reputations of institutions and individuals.

I fail to see the hard science you would expect to see with the assertions that are made in the statement. Probably a case of using the same flawed measuring stick to evaluate the the flawed data, there is no way to find anything other than parity.

It is a little incredulous given the admissions of the IPCC in recent months, and the poor peer review used in regards to the data in question. This looks like a continuation of the same bad practices.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Last edited by Lightnin; Mar 31, 2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2010, 07:01 AM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,797 Posts
There is billions invested in the banking system in carbon trading credit derivities.
If you think the banking system after spending billions to get this fake science and carbon tax trojan horse though is going to give up just cause science shows its is all a fake three card trick then your living in coo coo land

In this Alice in wonderland real world we really live in the banks decided that carbon is bad and they gonna tax you for it through the governmennts which the banks control
Science has nothing to do with the argument no matter how many science papers you throw at this fake AGW science as the banks rip your faces So either copy the Obamination and how he bends over and you too bend over to take your medicine or figure out how your gonna change the regime that rips your pockets for all your cash

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Old Apr 01, 2010, 08:50 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Their house of cards just keeps collapsing.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Apr 01, 2010, 08:57 AM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
I wonder what those that are so sure about man made global warming will say about this. I imagine some will probably find a chart that disproves this, (even if the chart is about five years old)

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a...fore_your_eyes

"Barring an about face by nature or adjustments, it appears that for the first time since 2001, Arctic Sea ice will hit the “normal” line as defined by the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) for this time of year."
mikefast is offline Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Apr 01, 2010, 09:00 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
I wonder what those that are so sure about man made global warming will say about this. I imagine some will probably find a chart that disproves this, (even if the chart is about five years old)

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a...fore_your_eyes

"Barring an about face by nature or adjustments, it appears that for the first time since 2001, Arctic Sea ice will hit the “normal” line as defined by the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) for this time of year."
It's just more proof that global warming created the climate change and the increased freezing accompanied with global cooling that is a side affect of climate change created by global warming. Duh!
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Apr 01, 2010, 09:02 AM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
It's just more proof that global warming created the climate change and the increased freezing accompanied with global cooling that is a side affect of climate change created by global warming. Duh!
Yep. That sounds logical. At least to the Rev. Algore I guess.
mikefast is offline Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Apr 01, 2010, 02:18 PM
Joined Jul 2004
95 Posts
I love this quote at the end of the journal…

“A great responsibility rests on the shoulders of climate science: to provide the planet’s decision makers with the knowledge they need to secure our future. The challenge that this poses is extensive and some of these decisions risk our standard of living. When the prices to pay are so large, the knowledge on which these kinds of decisions are taken had better be right. The science must be irreproachable.”

Boy, that solves it for me, the science is irreproachable, because it must be!
lordsirob is offline Find More Posts by lordsirob
Old Apr 01, 2010, 04:48 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
I am still awaiting the prosecution of those who deliberately misrepresented data. Think it'll happen?
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Apr 01, 2010, 05:11 PM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
I am still awaiting the prosecution of those who deliberately misrepresented data. Think it'll happen?

In your dreams

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Old Apr 01, 2010, 05:36 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehog View Post
In your dreams

Ralf

I probably won't dream about it but I will be paying attention. Same as I do most other ridiculousness

I guess Al Gore could be likened to Halliburton in this case
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins