HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 19, 2010, 04:14 PM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
didge, get on the chat line and ask about your order. There are 4 people manning it now. Also you can check to see whether there are any messages relating to your order at the bottom of your order page.
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2010, 04:48 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,374 Posts
Trouble with live support is you ask them what the hold up is and all they ever say is "your order has been printed and will be packed and shipped today" Its like the have a word document open and just do the ole cut-n-paste with the standard responses.

My last order which took 9 days to process, I was on the live chat after the 5th day and got the exact response as above on 3 occasions if it's late itís late but the associated bull shite makes your blood boil!
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old May 20, 2010, 02:28 AM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhoward1122 View Post
Just got an email from Hobby King stating that they now have fast shipping. They promise that orders will now be shipped within 24 hours. We'll see.
OK well lets see how it goes, I placed a new order at 16:30 2010_05_20 only two items, batteries and both had ample stock.

Will definitely report back whether good or bad.

Mike.
Old May 20, 2010, 09:14 AM
Columbia,PA
Joined Feb 2002
221 Posts
Some empirical data.

All items in stock. Used EMS shipping.

Placed order on Sunday May 16
Rec'd order Yesterday May 19

Location-Lancaster County, Pa

Previous order took 2 weeks.

Just placed another order yesterday. Rec'd email & confirmed with USPS that items have left Hong Kong.

We'll see what happens.

Charlie
cpc625 is offline Find More Posts by cpc625
Last edited by cpc625; May 20, 2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old May 21, 2010, 06:58 AM
Zagreb, Croatia
Joined Apr 2010
109 Posts
I have placed new order yesterday. So lets see their claim about next day shipping. They have 2 hours left to fulfill their claims.
Tommee is offline Find More Posts by Tommee
Old May 21, 2010, 07:18 AM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommee View Post
I have placed new order yesterday. So lets see their claim about next day shipping. They have 2 hours left to fulfill their claims.

I ordered yesterday too, my 24H was up a few hours ago and my order is still processing... huge surprise that [/SARCASM] So I get onto live support and ask Trevor if the 24 hour ship is working today, and he says
"It sure is" and then disconnects me So I get back on there and this time I get Shawn, I ask him the same thing and he say the warehouse staff had today off as holiday then asks for my order number and gives me the same ole same ole... "Your order has been printed and will ship tomorrow"

Seems to me the more things change, the more they stay the same

Mike.
Old May 21, 2010, 08:13 AM
Zagreb, Croatia
Joined Apr 2010
109 Posts
I have contacted HK live support and have been told that Hong Kong post is not working today due to public holiday. I cannot find that information on Hong Kong post official website.
Old May 22, 2010, 05:39 AM
Columbia,PA
Joined Feb 2002
221 Posts
Above order that was placed on the Wednesday the 19th arrived in Lancaster, Pa (8 miles away) at 2:01 AM this morning.
Charlie
Old May 22, 2010, 10:14 AM
Columbia,PA
Joined Feb 2002
221 Posts
I must be living right. Package arrived at 10:30AM

Charlie
Old May 22, 2010, 11:37 AM
Zagreb, Croatia
Joined Apr 2010
109 Posts
Just an update, order was shipped today
Old May 23, 2010, 12:59 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,581 Posts
May 15th I placed an order and got a email saying it shipped out (5 hours after I placed the order). I was amazed. Now I check the tracking number and get the below:
Your item was accepted in HONG KONG on May 22, 2010 at 3:58 PM. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Geeze, it took seven days to get the order to the post office. What did they do when they said it shipped?

Gotta love Hobby King. They brag about their new warehouse shipping process but now it takes 7 days to take it to the post office. Funny.

Like I said before, never be in a hurry with Hobby King.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; May 23, 2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old May 23, 2010, 11:35 AM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,969 Posts
Just ordered a big bulk of stuff. 4S 4900 mah battery, 40 bullet connectors (3.5/4mm), 7 diffrent sizes of heat shrink tubing, watts-up power meter, 12X7 electric wood prop, turnigy esc programming card and on and on. I made sure everything was 100+ in stock.

Its sunday so I am excited to see how fast they can ship this on Monday
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Old May 23, 2010, 06:33 PM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100;15150725
Geeze, it took [B
seven days [/B]to get the order to the post office. What did they do when they said it shipped?

Gotta love Hobby King. They brag about their new warehouse shipping process but now it takes 7 days to take it to the post office. Funny.

Like I said before, never be in a hurry with Hobby King.
Actually, because of the amount of packages HK sends daily, HKP has an employee that works at the warehouse full time packing shipping containers for pickup at noon & 6pm to be taken to HKP at the airport.
When HK seals & addresses each package it is handed over and scanned immediatly by the HKP worker. This initial scan is for comparison with the tracking scan to make sure that every package that leaves HK arrives at HKP at the airport.
However, it does not go into HKP tracking database until it is scanned at the airport after it has passed through China/Hong Kong customs. How long that takes probably is dependent upon how many bulk containers there are ahead of HK containers and how backlogged they are.
Presently it seems HKP takes anywhere from a couple of days to two weeks to get the tracking database updated.
There are people on the HK forums that report receiving their package before the tracking number shows up in HKP database.
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW
Old May 24, 2010, 05:58 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron W3FJW View Post
Actually, because of the amount of packages HK sends daily, HKP has an employee that works at the warehouse full time packing shipping containers for pickup at noon & 6pm to be taken to HKP at the airport.
When HK seals & addresses each package it is handed over and scanned immediatly by the HKP worker. This initial scan is for comparison with the tracking scan to make sure that every package that leaves HK arrives at HKP at the airport.
However, it does not go into HKP tracking database until it is scanned at the airport after it has passed through China/Hong Kong customs. How long that takes probably is dependent upon how many bulk containers there are ahead of HK containers and how backlogged they are.
Presently it seems HKP takes anywhere from a couple of days to two weeks to get the tracking database updated.
There are people on the HK forums that report receiving their package before the tracking number shows up in HKP database.
Thanks for the inciteful explanation.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2010, 10:50 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,969 Posts
Wow my big order of abunch of stuff ranging from electronics to heat shrink tubing shipped in less then 24 hours! I am impressed! Now lets see how long it takes to become active on Hong Kong Post. I chose EMS, which is now my mandatory choice. So far I have used EMS three times, each time ordering sunday night (Monday morning in HK) and got the package to the PO by Thursday.
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Closed Thread