HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 13, 2010, 07:35 PM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,225 Posts
Just got an email from Hobby King stating that they now have fast shipping. They promise that orders will now be shipped within 24 hours. We'll see.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2010, 07:42 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhoward1122 View Post
Just got an email from Hobby King stating that they now have fast shipping. They promise that orders will now be shipped within 24 hours. We'll see.

It's been 8 days since I placed my order for one item that had ample stock, paid EMS shipping.... still hasn't left their warehouse, no excuse or explanation!

Hobbyking can not be trusted to tell the truth
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old May 14, 2010, 02:32 AM
rwp
rwp
Joined Nov 2003
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhoward1122 View Post
I placed an order Wednesday and it shows it was shipped Thursday.
rwp is offline Find More Posts by rwp
Old May 14, 2010, 06:01 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,219 Posts
I guess the letter from Hobby King was for real.

Ordered at 12:19 AM
Packed at 4:54 AM
Shipped at 5:02 AM

Less than 5 hours is excellent.

By the way, I picked the cheapest shipping.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; May 14, 2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old May 14, 2010, 02:23 PM
Zagreb, Croatia
Joined Apr 2010
97 Posts
Guys I have some questions.

I have 5 orders waiting from HobbyKing. One showed today. I have payed for first one 7.4.2010 and it was shipped 16.4.2010. So I assumed that I got the first one but not!!!

I got order that I have placed 20.4.2010 and it was shipped 25.4.2010. So my question is should I be concerned? Because I got the last one first and what is with the first 3 orders that I have placed and have been shipped weeks before???
Tommee is offline Find More Posts by Tommee
Old May 15, 2010, 09:29 PM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
I would try chat or email cs@hobbyking.com and question them about the first order. It should have been processed and shipped by now. The order was placed around the time HK was still back logged and it might be stuck in the system somewhere.
Currently orders are being shipped in one or two days on average depending also upon the size of the order.
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW
Old May 15, 2010, 09:35 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,219 Posts
HK was changing over to a shipping operation so a lot of backlogs occurred.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 17, 2010, 02:25 AM
Zagreb, Croatia
Joined Apr 2010
97 Posts
Standar procedure. Ah I dont like that

I have chatted with support and they told me stuff I already know...

"Please check with your post office and Customs for further information. In some occasions, parcel may stay in post office and waiting for you to claim.

Please let us know if post office do not have any information, we will request Hong Kong Post to start investigation for the parcel. Maximum investigation time is 2 months for below shipping method .
International (Registered) Air Mail/EMS Express /Air Parcel"
Old May 17, 2010, 11:37 PM
Charleston, SC
Joined May 2010
154 Posts
I placed my first order from HK last week and so far so good. My CC was charged on the 12th, I received shipping confirmation on the 13th, and the USPS shows that they accepted the package in Hong Kong on the 14th.

My order was received and shipped in less than 24hrs, that's pretty good. Now I wish that I could get the same service from a certain company in GA.
Silver-Fox is offline Find More Posts by Silver-Fox
Old May 18, 2010, 08:27 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,764 Posts
OK, all time record here. Placed an order for a 600 CF boom, about 6 other CF bits of tube and sheet, 2 motors, a speed controller, a second Turnigy cam, some glue and a needle file set (to make up the 990 grams in the big box. I love these boxes and at 1c they rock. LOL). This order was placed at lunchtime here in Aus (after 1:00pm). 4.5 hours later it is shipped and sitting with HK post ready to catch the next plane to Melbourne (processed and tracking number working). Yep HK suck eggs big time... NOOOOTTTTT. LOL

Extremely happy as always
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old May 18, 2010, 10:47 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
OK, all time record here. Placed an order for a 600 CF boom, about 6 other CF bits of tube and sheet, 2 motors, a speed controller, a second Turnigy cam, some glue and a needle file set (to make up the 990 grams in the big box. I love these boxes and at 1c they rock. LOL). This order was placed at lunchtime here in Aus (after 1:00pm). 4.5 hours later it is shipped and sitting with HK post ready to catch the next plane to Melbourne (processed and tracking number working). Yep HK suck eggs big time... NOOOOTTTTT. LOL

They built a new order fulfillment process. My last order was packed and shipped in 5 hrs.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 18, 2010, 05:17 PM
Zagreb, Croatia
Joined Apr 2010
97 Posts
Great for you. Some of us are not that lucky

40 days for order to arrive

I'm just trying to convince myself that it is related to volcano stuff, otherwise it sucks big time...
Old May 18, 2010, 07:37 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,764 Posts
I understand your frustration Tommee. When you consider (and I know people hate hearing excuses) the Ash saga, Chinese holidays, moving warehouses, implementing a new packing and despatch process the last couple of months will have been slow. I also realize that HK to Aus will not have been affected by some of these issues, hence my last few orders being less than a week. It would appear HK post were still moving items to some regions while not to others. And just when all is looking good, Iceland decides to intervene again.

Mark
Old May 18, 2010, 08:55 PM
Foam, foam on the range....
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Feb 2009
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post

I wish I knew your secret! I've still got an order "Processing" since 28 April (and everything was in stock when ordered).

I emailed yesterday, but have heard nothing yet (apart from standard response, "we'll ask the warehouse")

Not happy!
didge is offline Find More Posts by didge
Old May 18, 2010, 10:16 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,764 Posts
didge,

Maybe there is a relationship with some lines of stock?

Hope it all sorts out for you.
Closed Thread