HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 07, 2010, 12:23 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,290 Posts
Others in Aus do still suffer the occasional "HK" glitch but it generally seems to be less problematic with shipping to Aus for some reason. About 70% of my orders are EMS with the other 30% being registered airmail. Even with airmail it still pretty much only takes a week. We don't have much holdup in Customs, probably because theres only 22335507 people here. Thats less than LA county area.

Mark

Yeah I know I was a bit of a prat and fairly harsh... I had a bad day.. LOL
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2010, 07:53 PM
Joined Feb 2000
380 Posts
About a week and a half ago I placed my first order with Hobby King and it arrived today. I wasn't expecting to get it for at least a few more weeks as I paid for the cheapest shipping so I was surprised that it came today. Everything arrived great so I definitely will order from them again.
bfraser is offline Find More Posts by bfraser
Old May 07, 2010, 08:07 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfraser View Post
About a week and a half ago I placed my first order with Hobby King and it arrived today. I wasn't expecting to get it for at least a few more weeks as I paid for the cheapest shipping so I was surprised that it came today. Everything arrived great so I definitely will order from them again.
Good, your experience is typical.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2010, 09:53 PM
Oh so close!
Campbell River
Joined Jan 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Yup, looks like they are back to normal.
clipper99 is offline Find More Posts by clipper99
Old May 08, 2010, 12:23 AM
Balsa and Foam can Coexist
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,772 Posts
RRRRRGGGGG They got alot of Turnigy ESCs back in stock yesterday, plushes and sentrys but the 60 AMP SENTRY WASN't BACK IN STOCK YET!!! The 60a plush got back in stock!!! RRRGGG (whimpy pointless rant)

Lol I should calm down. But it has held my order for 1.5 months now. Hopefully the motor in the same order dosan't go out of stock first!
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Old May 08, 2010, 05:00 AM
California, USA
Joined Feb 2008
41 Posts
I need help with Hobby king web site, please...!!

Hello,
I made an order on hobby king a week ago, I paid by using paypal, the payment has cleared my PayPal account ( I checked my account, and it looks like hobby king have got the money), and I went with the 2 weeks air shipping. Now I am trying to open my Hobby king account to view the status of my order, and everytime I click on anything from hobby king web site, I get this message:
"Not Found
The requested URL /www.hobbyking.com was not found on this server."
My question: does anyone else is having the same problem that I got ( not able to open HK web sit, or even accessing the account...?
I really don't want to lose my money, it is over $200 of order.
if anyone has a fix to this problem, I will be very thankfull for your help.
stealthx01 is offline Find More Posts by stealthx01
Old May 08, 2010, 02:00 PM
Oh so close!
Campbell River
Joined Jan 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthx01 View Post
Hello,
I made an order on hobby king a week ago, I paid by using paypal, the payment has cleared my PayPal account ( I checked my account, and it looks like hobby king have got the money), and I went with the 2 weeks air shipping. Now I am trying to open my Hobby king account to view the status of my order, and everytime I click on anything from hobby king web site, I get this message:
"Not Found
The requested URL /www.hobbyking.com was not found on this server."
My question: does anyone else is having the same problem that I got ( not able to open HK web sit, or even accessing the account...?
I really don't want to lose my money, it is over $200 of order.
if anyone has a fix to this problem, I will be very thankfull for your help.
Works here. Probably just a temporary thing so I wouldn't worry about it. You'll get your stuff.
clipper99 is offline Find More Posts by clipper99
Old May 11, 2010, 01:09 PM
Balsa and Foam can Coexist
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,772 Posts
Just ordered an XL KDA 770kv motor and Plush 60 amp ESC with EMS shipping. Shipped in 30 hours and should be here friday! Thats the best I have seen from HK so far
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Old May 11, 2010, 07:33 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,464 Posts
I returned one of the junk brain speed controls early march , they are waiting till mfg tells them its bad , (caused my 72 mhz radio to loose control)
Dennis Everett is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old May 12, 2010, 05:53 AM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Typical yeah right

I have placed about 30 orders with them, the quickest to be processed took 3 days, most take up to a week before they leave their warehouse.

My lates EMS is up to 6+ days and still processing, customer service comes last at hobbyking.

Mike.
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old May 12, 2010, 08:58 AM
Joined Sep 2007
1,249 Posts
I'm in Hong Kong right now. Customer Service said I couldn't come o their warehouse to buy anything.Too bad for them. I would love to stop there on Thursday and pick up some esc's, motors , props and more.
MrEWorm is offline Find More Posts by MrEWorm
Old May 12, 2010, 10:48 PM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
Unfortunatly, they don't have a retail space nor are they setup for retail sales in their warehouse. As I understand it, they don't sell to anyone in China proper so a retail store wouldn't bebefit them very much.

One can however, order from the online store ahead of time (at least a day or two) and pick up the order and save on shipping fees. Just have to make cs aware that you'll be in to pick it up.
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW
Old May 12, 2010, 10:55 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous View Post
Typical yeah right

I have placed about 30 orders with them, the quickest to be processed took 3 days, most take up to a week before they leave their warehouse.

My lates EMS is up to 6+ days and still processing, customer service comes last at hobbyking.

Mike.
Mike,

Never, ever be in a hurry with Hobbyking.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2010, 12:46 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron W3FJW View Post
Unfortunatly, they don't have a retail space nor are they setup for retail sales in their warehouse. As I understand it, they don't sell to anyone in China proper so a retail store wouldn't bebefit them very much.

One can however, order from the online store ahead of time (at least a day or two) and pick up the order and save on shipping fees. Just have to make cs aware that you'll be in to pick it up.
Can confirm that this is the way to do it, I know of at least one person having done this, taking the package back as carry on luggage.
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old May 13, 2010, 08:24 AM
Joined Sep 2007
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Can confirm that this is the way to do it, I know of at least one person having done this, taking the package back as carry on luggage.

When I called, they didn't offer that option. I fly back to O'Hare tomorrow.
Did you know they do't eat egg rolls, sesame chicken or fortune cookies in China?
I can't wait to get home to eat some real Chinese food.
MrEWorm is offline Find More Posts by MrEWorm
Closed Thread