SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Apr 17, 2010, 04:28 PM
Joined Jan 2008
107 Posts
tell jason to look at my emails and rants, I am very disturbed by company policy and will continue to express it until there is common sense actions on HK part.
lmstech is offline Find More Posts by lmstech
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:55 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Looks like mine shipped yesterday and is in the US today. I hope the new warehouse makes them faster than before. They make owning 5S lipo setups affordable for those that are not sponsored by TP
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:32 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,422 Posts
I like the good prices you get when buying from Hobby King but it can be frustrating. Below is post I made on a Hobby King thread:

Maybe Hobbyking should post a paraphrased version when you register as a customer. See below:

What it's like to do business with us:

1. Never order a back ordered item because the rest of the order will sit until the backordered item comes in. This could take months. Plus, we charge your credit card or accept and deposit your payment at the time of sale.

2. Never order during the holiday season including both XMAS and Chinese New Year because when we are really busy order processing gets backed up.

3. "Processing" time takes longer for lowest cost shipping (often several days to a week). Premium shipping takes less "processing" time (often 24 hours). However, extreme workload during the busy times can still extend the processing time even for premium shipping.

4. Hobby King does not control your country's customs. Do not blame HK for delays in customs.

5. Don't fret if an item you order is defective (e.g., servos, motors, chargers). The HobbyKing warranty is a hassle to get honored.

6. Don't be surprised if we change our name again, we used to be named United Hobbies and Hobby City.

7. Customer Reviews are not vetted for accuracy.

8. Enjoy the fact that Hobby King is lowering your overall cost of the hobby.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Apr 23, 2010, 03:08 PM
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
1,504 Posts
I have to orders sitting in processing...one was placed 13 days ago, the other one 11 days ago...
Once shipped I still have the usual 7-10 day wait it arrives. I think this getting to a point where waiting a month is not worth the savings...
E
earaoz is offline Find More Posts by earaoz
Old Apr 23, 2010, 03:18 PM
Oh so close!
Campbell River
Joined Jan 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earaoz View Post
I have to orders sitting in processing...one was placed 13 days ago, the other one 11 days ago...
Once shipped I still have the usual 7-10 day wait it arrives. I think this getting to a point where waiting a month is not worth the savings...
E
I just got an email, 8 days after placing my order, that "your product(s) have been double checked and are now packed in their box and sent to the dispatch area. Please allow 48hrs for any tracking information to be displayed/updated."
I'll consider myself lucky then! This is my 2nd order with them. First order, 2 months ago, shipped right away. Hopefully its just growing pains due to the new warehouse and we can get back to decent packing/shipping times.
clipper99 is offline Find More Posts by clipper99
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:49 PM
Guangzhou, China
Joined Apr 2009
25 Posts
In their defense, point no. 4 is valid. When I ship items out to my customers all I can do is fill out a customs declaration form and hope that the item doesn't get stopped and inspected at the customs checkpoint in the destination country. Most places are pretty good about letting an order through but Italy is notorious for delaying items at customs for weeks at a time. That is why a lot of folks won't ship to Italy anymore. That being said, it should like HK needs to tighten up their customer service a bit if they don't want to lose business.
Chinaguy is offline Find More Posts by Chinaguy
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:46 AM
Oh so close!
Campbell River
Joined Jan 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper99 View Post
I just got an email, 8 days after placing my order, that "your product(s) have been double checked and are now packed in their box and sent to the dispatch area. Please allow 48hrs for any tracking information to be displayed/updated."
I'll consider myself lucky then! This is my 2nd order with them. First order, 2 months ago, shipped right away. Hopefully its just growing pains due to the new warehouse and we can get back to decent packing/shipping times.
Maybe I got my hopes up too early..it has been 96 hours since receiving this email and the order is still "processing" with all items reserved. So now it has been 12 days since placing the order for in-stock items that have not shipped. The price we pay for cheap I guess....
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:09 PM
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
1,504 Posts
Oh, I have a new one, listen to this.
I placed an order on March 12 (15 days ago) and until Sunday night the status was “processing” with all the items in it marked as reserved. On Monday one item changed to “back ordered” (after sitting in “reserved” for over two weeks!)…so now I have to decide what to do with the order…

My other order placed on March 10 (17 days ago!!!) and still shows as “processing mode” and the funny thing is that when I contacted tech support last week they told me: “your order is being packed and will ship in a day or two”. I contacted tech support Sunday night and I got the same info and I inquired last night and again the same copy and paste info….so it looks like my order has been being packed for the last week….))))))

It’s a joke….I think these were my last two orders in HC
E
earaoz is offline Find More Posts by earaoz
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:49 PM
Oh so close!
Campbell River
Joined Jan 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earaoz View Post
Oh, I have a new one, listen to this.
I placed an order on March 12 (15 days ago) and until Sunday night the status was “processing” with all the items in it marked as reserved. On Monday one item changed to “back ordered” (after sitting in “reserved” for over two weeks!)…so now I have to decide what to do with the order…

My other order placed on March 10 (17 days ago!!!) and still shows as “processing mode” and the funny thing is that when I contacted tech support last week they told me: “your order is being packed and will ship in a day or two”. I contacted tech support Sunday night and I got the same info and I inquired last night and again the same copy and paste info….so it looks like my order has been being packed for the last week….))))))

It’s a joke….I think these were my last two orders in HC
E
I know you guys out there in "Winterpeg" live in a virtual deep-freeze for about 11.95 months out of the year but it is spring out here on the "Wet Coast" so I know you meant April when you said March! hehehe
Now you got me worried that one of my items is about to change to "back ordered" when they have clearly stated "your product(s) have been double checked and are now packed in their box and sent to the dispatch area. Please allow 48hrs for any tracking information to be displayed/updated."

Will keep you posted.....
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:20 AM
Joined Dec 2009
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs748 View Post
Placed an order 8 days ago with HK, for items that were in stock.

They still hadn't shipped after 8 days, so I filed a complaint with paypal. Now, HK says they will not ship my item at all. The order shows as cancelled, and they will not refund my money!?!?!?!
usually paypal company will refund the money back to you if the seller didn't ship . dont worry
gootchrc is offline Find More Posts by gootchrc
Old Apr 28, 2010, 06:41 PM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
Quote:

They still hadn't shipped after 8 days, so I filed a complaint with paypal. Now, HK says they will not ship my item at all. The order shows as cancelled, and they will not refund my money!?!?!?!
Have you received your refund yet? It's not HK policy to not refund money in cases like this, but it does take longer when complaints are filed with PP.
What was the reason or nature of the complaint you gave to PP?

You should have had cs cancel your order. Would have been easier and refund of your money would have taken a day or less.
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW
Old May 04, 2010, 11:57 AM
Oh so close!
Campbell River
Joined Jan 2010
702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper99 View Post
Maybe I got my hopes up too early..it has been 96 hours since receiving this email and the order is still "processing" with all items reserved. So now it has been 12 days since placing the order for in-stock items that have not shipped. The price we pay for cheap I guess....
Update...May 4/2010

My package has been cleared by customs and will be delivered today and I only JUST NOW received a confirmation email from Hobby King that my order has shipped from THEIR warehouse. There is definately something wrong with their web database/server tracking system. So if you are stuck in the dreaded "processing" phase, keep your hopes up that it is actually already on the way to you! Man, if they had shipped the order within 2 days I would have received this in just over a week. As it is now it will have been 19 days.
Last edited by clipper99; May 04, 2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old May 04, 2010, 08:34 PM
USA, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Aug 2004
175 Posts
Quote:

Pay pal should refund your money if you do a complaint, was it credit card funded if so depending on how much money and how far you want to take it
you could try that route but paypal wont be happy with you.
tsuitt is offline Find More Posts by tsuitt
Old May 06, 2010, 10:04 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
Why does everyone have to pull a "paypal dispute" or try a CC reversal. It's just asking for trouble. The minute you make paypal dispute a purchase the purchase is halted until paypal investigates. The vendor will naturally cancel the order. What, you expect them to continue to process it and ship it to you when you have disputed the purchase without even recieving anything???? You are disputing your own order so of course it will be cancelled, wouldn't you do the same? bets if you hadn't disputed it your stuff would be sitting i the pile in USA Customs about 2 days later.

Rant mostly over.

Of course you will get your money, just as soon as the dispute is finished with. Or am I missing something. does a dispute mean HK is obliged to give you your money back immediately and of course continue to send out the items?

My advice.... Move to Australia because something sure as hell is up with purchases from everywhere else in the world. Here is what all my last orders have done.

January, 1 order, processed for 1 day then shipped and at my door 2 days later.
February, 1 orders, processed for 2 and a half days then shipped and at my door 2 days later.
March, 2 orders, processed for 1 and 2 days then shipped and at my door 2 days later.
April (a good month) 4 orders, all processed in under 2 days and 2 days delivery to my door.
4th May, latest order, processed in 2 days and on the plane to Melbourne as we speak. It will be in transit tomorrow (friday) to my local post office meaning I'll get it Monday. Bugger, if those damn fools at HK had not had lunch and posted it an hour earlier I might have had it tomorrow (Friday). God now I'm going to have to wait till Monday. 2 damn days!!!!! I hate places like HK for selling great stuff thats damn cheap great quality and then making me wait an extra weekend!!!! I might go post this on a few other RC sites as well! I'm just so angry I cant speak anymore... oh hang on I'm speaking. Lucky I don't have to wait 6 days, I'd probably go postal and slay my fellow workers in retribution.

All up these 9 orders have been well over a grand and over 50 items, so surely I'm not "just lucky".

I'll say it again as I have said many times before. RC ENTHUSIASTS MAKE THE WORST CUSTOMERS. If it aint here yesterday I'm gonna post it on the forums and demand free postage and 10% off my next order if those guys want my patronage again. Never in my adult life have I seen so many people loose it over whats suppose to be a hobby.

Rant well over. Remeber to have fun now.

Mark

EDIT.. actually one other rant. why is it I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes to get someone on live chat and have never had a problem changing an order or cancelling an order this way? As an example, I made an enquiry on live chat moments before placing my last order. was online in about 2 minutes and query resolved in 4 lines of text.
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; May 06, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old May 06, 2010, 11:04 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,962 Posts
"Family, were moving to Australia because I am sick of waiting for 6-15 days on my airplane stuff to come."

Your orders come so fast because there are so many cargo operations between Hong Kong and you. Do you use EMS? And why do your orders ship so fast? You lucky guy!
WAGliderGuy is online now Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Closed Thread