Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 01, 2010, 07:04 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Still sounds like magnets to me Your power output is a direct result of magnetic force. Use the force Hance, use the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
Just got done bench testing the motor watts are way off. Before with a 4s 2200 30c pack it was pushing somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 watts thats what smoked it. Those were the only numbers I had to go by so I duplicated it for a short test run. 400 watts max. My guess is the wire I used can't handle the current I want. Now I really need the bigger wire. I think I will throw a 6X4 on the plane and give it a test run tomorrow anyway weather permitting.
going4speed is online now Find More Posts by going4speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2010, 07:59 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Still sounds like magnets to me Your power output is a direct result of magnetic force. Use the force Hance, use the force.
Very well could be now I just need to find a place that sells magnets the size I need. Wire is cheap and I don't have to order it online so it was easier to try it first versus the magnets. Besides that I am a hard headed sob anyway
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Apr 01, 2010, 08:21 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Try Dan at gobrushless.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
Very well could be now I just need to find a place that sells magnets the size I need. Wire is cheap and I don't have to order it online so it was easier to try it first versus the magnets. Besides that I am a hard headed sob anyway
going4speed is online now Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:39 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
nah. failing magnets increase KV and current, so the motor spins like mad and smokes generally.

Power is not a direct result of magnetic force,., Its magnetic force TIMES RPM.

If it's not pulling what it used to, its got too many turns, or too thin wire, or its star when it used to be delta!
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Apr 02, 2010, 07:41 PM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,479 Posts
I terminated it delta, put seven turns back on it like it had from the factory. Gotta be the wire. I am headed out of town for work for a few days so I wont get to rewind the motor again until next week sometime.
Old Apr 09, 2010, 12:00 PM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,479 Posts
Got the motor rewound a second time with 22 awg wire and the watts are back up where they should be. Now if my eagletree would just get here I can find out how fast its actually flying.