HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2010, 06:48 AM
Joined Jul 2004
284 Posts
Discussion
Opinions on Gaui GU-365 FBL unit...

The Gaui GU-365 seems to be the cheapest FBL unit out. However, I haven't seen any recent reviews on it and wanted to see if anyone here has tried it. If so, is it worth it? I'm just a sports flyer (fff, loops, rolls, etc).

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10935

They also have a FBL kit with the Gaui 425 heli...how does the Gaui 425 compare to a Trex-500?
msg73 is offline Find More Posts by msg73
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:16 AM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,767 Posts
I can only comment on the GU-365 unit and all I have to say about it is, save your money and buy a SK-360 or the Align FBL unit . The GU-365 went on the market to fast and all the bugs weren't worked out of it . It can't handle viberation of any kind ( that's not good on a heli) any time you change anything on your radio you have to resetup the unit, yes even if it is just one click on a trim switch. Even a gust of wind can get it started resonating to the point where you can not control ending in a crash , I know 1st hand mine is now in the junk box. Don't spend hard earned money on something that doesn't work, hope this helps as I didn't have someone to warn me.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:24 PM
Joined Mar 2010
497 Posts
POS! Get a vbar.
helicraze is offline Find More Posts by helicraze
Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:43 PM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
I'll let you know later whether it works or not. I have one on the way. If I can't get it working I will try the sk again ?
Spidious is offline Find More Posts by Spidious
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:11 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Never fails...
ORDER DISPATCH DELAY
Dear Customer,
Last weekend we moved our entire inventory, computer system and staff to a new warehouse location.
The new warehouse is much larger and will help us to increase stock variety and volume as well as enable us to hire more staff to ship your orders out faster.
Unfortunately the warehouse move took us 4 days to complete and therefore we are now behind in dispatching orders.
If you have an order that is still processing, please do not be concerned. We will ship it out as soon as possible.

We are now shipping orders and hope to be within 48hr dispatch times again soon.
If you have an order processing now, it will ship within the next few days.
If you place an order now, it will be shipped within 4-5 days.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Regards.
Everyone at Hobbyking.com
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:43 PM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,869 Posts
Was this today? Accck, I ordered a replacement MG930 for my 500 yesterday, lol. I guess it will be coming over extra-slow with this and the standard mail shipping I used
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Apr 08, 2010, 07:11 AM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Well two weeks later and it is finally in the process of being shipped out...Man talk about their LONG holidays throwing a ringer in to the problem !
Old Apr 08, 2010, 03:30 PM
Joined Feb 2007
301 Posts
Dude however hobbyking gets their stuff its just too cheap -- I don't get it.
johnm1019 is offline Find More Posts by johnm1019
Old Apr 10, 2010, 03:25 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Finally !

Detailed Results:

*Inbound Into Customs
*Inbound International Arrival, April 10, 2010, 1:50 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
*Foreign International Dispatch, April 08, 2010, 9:30 pm, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
*Foreign Acceptance, April 08, 2010, 4:49 pm, HONG KONG
*Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:15 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Well got it today. And just finished setting it up..
So far it seems a lot easier to setup then the SK I had before.
I am using the built in tail gyro to see just how well it works.
Found one glitch, that I finally figured out.
When you try and set it up, if you do not have a tail feed and servo hooked up to it. The green light will not come on. Since it thinks it isn't in HH mode. So I guess if you use a 401 the light would be red all the time. Even after actuating.
Since I don't like red lights (except on the tail gyro)(usually indicates something wrong) That is why I will try the built in tail gyro. And see the bright green led come on after it has initiated. It is way to dark to try it out now.
So tomorrow I will give it a try.

As far as setting it at the suggested 90 I have it set at about 75 to start with. I don't want the bad shake that I have seen when fist setting it up. I would rather start low, work up till I get at the max. Then back it back off..
Old Apr 13, 2010, 07:55 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Darn.. Not the fault of the Gaui unit.. See the other thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1227862
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:57 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,287 Posts
The big mistake I made was to buy the Gaui 425 heli with the 365 flybarless unit. The Gaui 425 had vibration problems with the tail shaking up and down at high speed. and the vertical fin shaking badly. The heli was then out of control. Another local flyer's Gaui 425 crashed with the same problem.

I sold mine after the local supplier had it for 2 weeks and managed to fix it sought of. I had to make sure the main blades were tight in the grips.
rcpilot23 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot23