HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:29 PM
Orlando, Fl.
Joined Mar 2010
17 Posts
Discussion
My new Hanger 9 FUNTANA 1.25 "GASSER"

Hey , Guys my dad and I just finished building my new funtana 1.25.
We opted for a jc28 evo II (28cc Gasser) it fit in pretty nice. Some of our flying buddys said that the engine would be to heavy but we found that the plane was tail heavy even with this awesome power plant. The engine is supposed to have around 22lbs of thrust and I think the plane may weigh about 9 to 10 lbs so I have unlimited vertical.

Here is a video of my maiden flight - nothing special as we were still breaking in the engine.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJZRC?.../0/jH4Jwc9JGLs

I really think this plane and setup is going to be a great combo!

We love this engine!
jmwrc is offline Find More Posts by jmwrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:30 PM
Waiting for calm days
Almost Mile High
Joined Jan 2010
92 Posts
With that wing load it will be interesting to see if it will do 3D like it was intended. I noticed in the video it was very twitchy, maybe you need more expo. Lets see how it hovers with a gas engine.
dv8frmcrash is offline Find More Posts by dv8frmcrash
Old Mar 30, 2010, 07:17 PM
Orlando, Fl.
Joined Mar 2010
17 Posts
Yeah the CG was off and needed more expo. I flew it this last sat. and it hovers pretty good and does parachutes (at least I think thats what its called when you drop while keeping the plane level with full up elevator and control your decent with the throttle) with next to no wing rock.

We are still looking for the sweet spot on the CG for my flying and working on the throttle linkage and throttle curves to suit my flying also.
Old Apr 03, 2010, 09:25 PM
Orlando, Fl.
Joined Mar 2010
17 Posts
Hey Guy's another great day of flying! The funtana is doing awesome motor is nearing break in so I was able to fly some light 3D and aerobatics. Still playing with the throtle linkage and programing in order to smooth out the throtle. also geting closer to getting the CG just right for my style of flying.

Also just picked up the on board tach wich is really neat the ignition has a pigtail just for it. We are making a dash board for it so you will be able to look into the cockpit and check the RPM. SWEET! probably not realy needed that much but it will be there for when it is needed.

Going out again in the morn. to keep tweeking and to complete the break in I will post back on the out come.

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!