HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mikeythev, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:39 PM
I like foam
outside of philadelphia
Joined Nov 2005
287 Posts
Build Log
New Brick plane

My newest project involved scaling the 'One Wing or Two' down to under a 12" span. I succeeded.

Behold the 11.5" span, 17.8gram micro biplane. The original bluecor design came from RC Microflight-designer was Dick Sarpolus. His wingspan was near 25" inches.

This project uses the ever popular Parkzone brick. I gutted a Vapor for these parts. I swapped the Cessna 210 prop with the one that came with the Vapor. It's much smaller!

Foam varies from 2mm to 3mm Depron.
2mm: wing, tail pieces, wheel pants
3mm: fuselage

The paint is Creatix red and black, and was airbrushed in under two hours. I used BSI foam safe CA with kicker. This is my first project using the right foam safe CA. It went well! The Bob Smith products are worth the extra money. I hot glued the Parkzone brick to the fuselage.

The landing gear is small diameter CF rod, with some wire bent instead of wheels.

I will get video soon. As long as I make it to school early tomorrow, I'll get some gym time to test it out. I know the CG is too far back, but I'll have to lengthen the wires to change that.

Thanks for looking!
mikeythev is offline Find More Posts by mikeythev
to remove ads between posts