HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:05 PM
Joined Mar 2010
4 Posts
Discussion
Newbie: Vibration after crash, big lama

Hello all, super newbie here, was up and flying and really having fun until a hard crash in the driveway. Thru the forums, i first learned that my swasplate seperated so I was able to finagle it back together, now I have it close to flying again, but I have a big vibration when flying, almost makes it uncontrollable. I have all new blades on, body off, slow-medium rpms appear normal, heavy rpms show considerable vibration. I am unfamiliar with diagnosis and tuning of any kind. Thanks.
sealilly is offline Find More Posts by sealilly
Last edited by sealilly; Mar 28, 2010 at 07:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2010, 02:27 AM
Member of the RC OCD Group
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Jan 2010
553 Posts
Check you flybar and make sure it's straight. but, I would think it's your shafts. Either the outer or inner. Spinn up your motors with no blades/flybar and watch the center shafts (outer and inner) any wobble there will give you bad vibrations...

Welcome to the hobby (Actually mor like Crack...... heli Crack...lol)

View the Big Lama Mods & upgrades thread. I know it's a thousand posts but there is a ton of good info in there and you can skim through all the banter.

Dan
bbrstorm is offline Find More Posts by bbrstorm