SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2001, 07:02 PM
2014 EDF JET JAM We be Jamming
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,807 Posts
New jet meet in MO 2002

Hi guys,

This probably should be in the events section but if you guys are like me you probably only visit the other forums every once in a while.

I was talking to a guy from the Rivercity R/C Club about their 2002 jet meet and asked him if it was EDF friendly and he said that it will be. Looks like a great site and I hope he is right! I'm not sure if I'd like setting up a bungee on the far side of the runway with turbines zipping around

Check the page out

http://www.rivercityflyers.rcclubs.com/jet_rally.htm
Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2001, 07:13 PM
steve neill
n/a Posts
We had a big jet event here that was EDF friendly. I flew once and then got the hell
out of there. The turbines made it very uncomfortable. Personally I think they are a
hazard at a public field. I saw one crash once and it just missed a street full of cars at
rush hour. There was a big fire ball. If it had hit the cars people would have died and
we would have lost our field to all types of flying. Best place for turbines is in the
desert. All that has to happen is one failed servo or TX problems at 200+ and it's
over.
Steve Neill
Old Sep 26, 2001, 09:44 AM
O'Fallon, MO USA
Joined Dec 1999
1,415 Posts
Kevin,
Sounds like fun. One of the River City Flyers works here in my area. I'm glad they are having the foresight to include the EDF's. Now, I just wish I could put together an EDF with retracts to make use of that 4500' runway. I wonder if the folks at the Electric Jet Factory would bring one of their big jets.

Brad
byoung is online now Find More Posts by byoung
Old Sep 26, 2001, 10:31 PM
Springfield MO US
Joined Aug 2000
104 Posts
I hope to have my Yellow F-4 completed and flying before that event. This will be much easier for me to make than the St. Genevieve event which appears to be over a 5 hour trip (one way) from Springfield. I would also like to hear input from anyone that might like to see an event in Tulsa, OK. Tulsa is a good central location which used to have good flight rates from both St. Louis east and out west as SW Airlines flies into Tulsa. This might be a good meeting point for a lot of E-Zoners to come together for a national EDF event. What's your thoughts?
KRose is offline Find More Posts by KRose
Last edited by KRose; Sep 26, 2001 at 10:37 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2001, 02:17 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,104 Posts
We would love to come, but it's a long 2 day trip. We would have to drive as I don't think that right now transmitters, etc would be good to put on a plane. Plus our jets are large and one piece, especially Dave's Vampire. My new Demon and F-23 have wings that come off, so that will help in packing for trips.

I've got a question for those that do travel. Our new planes have Springair retracts. Do you just live with them being down or do you build in some sort of up lock for travel?
Bob Reynolds is offline Find More Posts by Bob Reynolds