SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:45 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
New Product
4G6S & 4#6S - Walkera 3 Axis Gyro System ***Instructions & Set-up***

My friends at www.wowhobbies.com contacted me yesterday and handed me the world's only other Walkera 3 Axis Gyro System (outside of the one in China). I have installed it in my 4G6 and it is amazing so far. It works so effortlessly and makes the heli so stable it feels like a dialed in CB100!!! The best thing is despite the stabilization characteristics, it still retains the quick cyclic response needed for more aggressive 3D flight. Unfortunately, since this was the first one, the firmware has not been fully updated so Idle-up does not work yet. Bummer. I honestly think that this will be the beginner/intermediate flyer's dream to do hands-off inverted hover and such. I can't wait for the updated version. It is coming soon... Stay tuned folks. This is going to be real good!!!

I will be installing it in my 4#6 and Ufly next to see what happens...

TomZ's Instructions and Review of the 2610S are located here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1165
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Last edited by dkfuji; Jun 07, 2010 at 12:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:58 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
when this comes out, i see a 4#3b in my future!

edit: when will this come out, i want to get a 4#6 with it or 4#3b with it asap!!(probably the 4#6)
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Last edited by jettrooper02; Mar 25, 2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:17 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
My friends at Wowhobbies contacted me yesterday and handed me the world's only other Walkera 3 Axis Gyro System (outside of the one in China). I have installed it in my 4G6 and it is amazing so far. It works so effortlessly and makes the heli so stable it feels like a dialed in CB100!!! The best thing is despite the stabilization characteristics, it still retains the quick cyclic response needed for more aggressive 3D flight. Unfortunately, since this was the first one, the firmware has not been fully updated so Idle-up does not work yet. Bummer. I honestly think that this will be the beginner/intermediate flyer's dream to do hands-off inverted hover and such. I can't wait for the updated version. It is coming soon... Stay tuned folks. This is going to be real good!!!

I will be installing it in my 4#6 and Ufly next to see what happens...

Hey Darryl, this is great news any idea of the cost yet, and what is needed to fully convert over, I see your using a 003 w/? pinion is there a reason for that or am I mistaken. Was it easy to setup or did it take you a min?
Sorry for the barrage of ?'s

Thanks for the reviews and I'm still waiting for the powder coated knightheads, have you any?

HF711
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:20 PM
Joined Dec 2009
70 Posts
Hey Darryl

thanks for letting fly your G6 with the 3-axis gyro the other day
All I can say is WOW!. Super stable CB100-like 4G6.
Never thought the day would come but its coming. So smooth, so amazingly stable.

For those interested. I just purchased a brand new 4G6 the other day and its still in the box.
I told Darryl I am not taking it out of the box until I get my 3-axis RX. I'll just fly my half beat up other 4G6 until I can get my hot little hands on the booger.

thanks again DK - so cool!

P.s. - that is not a STOCK motor on your 4G6 is it? LOL!!!

Cheers
savagedub78 is offline Find More Posts by savagedub78
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:22 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
642 Posts
wow i cant wait! maybe ill get another ufly
Hot_Wheels is offline Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:17 PM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
913 Posts
Interesting! Very ineresting indeed! Can't wait to see how it performs on a heli for which it was intended (flybarless)!
Steve Joblin is online now Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:44 PM
Joined Jan 2010
449 Posts
any idea what something like this will cost? Is this something that will be standard on future 4g6's?
dreadhero is offline Find More Posts by dreadhero
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:12 PM
Joined Dec 2009
70 Posts
Hey guys
I know Darryl is out flying right now so to help answer some of your questions.
Hope you don't mind Darryl...

Cost? no idea right now
Delivery? I think sometime within the next 2 months
Pre-installed? there have been no talks about this however I am sure WOW Hobbies will be doing the custom upgrade as they do with all of their Walkeras.
Video? there is a quick maiden flight vid that was shot, up to Darryl for posting it
Set-up? from what I can recall, Darryl made very minor tweaks to the 5 pots on the RX and it was just plug and play from there.

CHeers
savagedub78 is offline Find More Posts by savagedub78
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:23 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
gotta love the advancement of technology!

will watch this one closely

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:27 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
you know what i just realized, i think walkera is a more advanced brand than eflite, as it has all these insanely cool advances in heli technology coming on or available for their heli's, but they all cost less than an eflite less advanced heli, but in the same class. this gyro is a perfect example. i don't see anything like it in eflite's line up. or i should say tries it first before eflight does.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:20 PM
flying is not a dream
Spain, CT, Cardedeu
Joined Jan 2008
990 Posts
hello,
it's just a 3 axis gyro to improve stability of a actual 4G6?
or a real FlyBarLess system and so you have a specific rotor head without flybar???

can you post a picture of your rotor head?

best regards!
lebenj is offline Find More Posts by lebenj
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:36 PM
MFSmaniac
Joined Apr 2008
1,119 Posts
Awesome. Two things that will make me happy right soon: SJM factory back producing parts & Walkera 3-axis FBL gyro for mini/normal heli for half the price of BeastX. Walkera is right at the front at the cheapie heli tech revolution. Yeah!
mprasm is offline Find More Posts by mprasm
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:04 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Two words......vid deo!

C'mon already.

Is it up yet...

What about now...

Now.....

C'mon you're killing me...

Amp

Ps Now?
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Mar 25, 2010, 07:00 PM
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Joined Mar 2003
883 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Will be on full look out in hobby shops here in HK!
Samay is offline Find More Posts by Samay
Old Mar 25, 2010, 08:06 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Looks like a beautiful marriage of the 3axis from the ufo#8 to a CP rx. way cool!!!!

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca