HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2011, 04:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
glanced the topics
OT OT off or on. wish all the best recovery. I lost it at three pages ago...

no fly Bradcoptors weather came down here BLOW baby BLOW feels great but dam Polen sux.

no fly week for sure.

gots a tomtom 2535 live , returned got a Garmin instead 1450lmt. dam usb cable I need fro garmen LOL.

hate new toys that do not work
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2011, 04:38 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Just to add my $.02. We as a nation have tried pretty hard to start cleaning up the mess we made with more to do. BUT, across the ocean China is polluting at a tremendous rate nearly unchecked. Where does all that crap in the air go. Straight to the west coast and on into the heartland! I love cheap Champs and batteries as much as the next guy, but is it really worth it? Our Champs are so cheap because no manufacturing regulations, labor paid so little they can't afford a Champ, and trade laws that screw our workers and economy while making them the future world military power. A great deal now is just a knife in the back later.
OK I'm done. blu
If I was to suddenly come into some major $$, I'd have 2 avenues to pursue:

One is to produce and direct a screenplay I co-wrote in 2004 that earned a "Best Drama" nomination at 2009 "Action on Film Festival." (I didn't win, but made it to the Top 5 out of over 700 entries.) It's a movie that takes place in 1970 Detroit and focuses on the development of the American muscle car. It's called Woodward Avenue and my novel adaptation of it is sold on Amazon.com, btw.

The 2nd would be to start an AMERICAN foamie company that manufactures warbirds and civilian RC planes in the 600-1000mm range.
There would have to be some other companies involved to make motors, ESCs and servos. (Unless we already have US-made items that I'm unaware of.) I'd also want to manufacture a Champ-style micro that could rival or compliment The Champ.
Maybe the Taylorcraft Auster?
Of course, you'd all be invited to work with me (not for me ) as we created a real American-made rc aircraft company with all US-made parts.

MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jun 02, 2011, 04:40 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad copter View Post
that's a good point blu..never really thought about the whole military power thing which is really one of the most important assets we have..here is a question that i'm sure someone can answer..Is there companys in the US that manufactures RC aircraft, parts, batteries??? and are they qaulity products?? guess that could be one way us pilots can give back to our nation...ya know i bought some little american flags to put on my deck for memorial day weekend..when i got home and hung them i noticed that in big red letters where the flags are stapled to the wooden stick is"MADE IN CHINA"..geez, how pitiful is that
Have you seen the new HENRY RIFLE commercial.. It's gets right to the point about what is made in America that we have in out houses.... Makes me want to order a rifle from them..

http://www.henryrepeating.com/htv-made-in-usa.cfm
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jun 02, 2011, 04:41 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Jun 02, 2011, 04:56 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad copter View Post
yeah that's the price i pay for flying over a blacktop surface in heavy crosswinds..i just made bad choices with it..knowing when and when not to fly is what keeps your champ in good shape.. uugghh, i still am learning that (the hard way)..
This just in....
PITTSFIELD,MA --Brad gets his first Airfield 1,400mm T-28.

(photo taken after one week of service)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Have you seen the new HENRY RIFLE commercial.. It's gets right to the point about what is made in America that we have in out houses.... Makes me want to order a rifle from them..

Yeah, Bob! The Henry Rifle looks fantastic.
I have a friend who I hung out with just outa high school in MA for 3-4 years. We became best friends until he met the girl of his dreams, married her and then disappeared. When I moved to Vero Beach, FL in 2008, I hadn't seen him for 32 years. Turns out he now lives 4 blocks away from me here - imagine that? He's been here for 25 years.

Anyway, he brought me into his workplace: Knight's Armaments. Incredible American-made firearms. He got me a great deal on a Sig 40-cal. but man, do I want one of their rifles!!!

Sorry about the OT stuff, guys...
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Last edited by MaladroitFL; Jun 02, 2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added reply
Old Jun 02, 2011, 05:38 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post

I would say I'm a weapons enthusiast, but I never remember hearing about that company.... amazing. I like it when he put his wife outside. Thanks for the link Bob.
Champs rule!
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jun 02, 2011, 06:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
HA ha ha. most picked on member award goes to:

Bradcoptor.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 06:52 PM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
HA ha ha. most picked on member award goes to:

Bradcoptor.
Heck Fishy, we're just gettin' warmed up.

Hmmm...Wonder who's next?
And the nominee is...

Brad, How ya doin'? Let us know when you can focus on the keyboard. Spellin' wont count.
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Well I thought I draw lil Brad in my windowless plane, and disconnect rudder and tail, preset for a destination. and off My champ will go. I am sure 30minutes flight will reach him with tail wind 2.5 hours time.

Brad is it there yet?

Yep Pick on the one's you Luv, we'll show our affection to ya. .
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:40 PM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,624 Posts
Well, I have some great news, I looked out my window and it was dead calm! So I go out, put the Champ up for like 15 seconds and a big ole raindrop lands right in the left lens of my glasses!
Well, needless to say, the rains came down and so did my little Champ. Al least I made a nice landing.
Oh well, such is the life of a micro rc airplane addict!
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp2 View Post
Well, I have some great news, I looked out my window and it was dead calm! So I go out, put the Champ up for like 15 seconds and a big ole raindrop lands right in the left lens of my glasses!
Well, needless to say, the rains came down and so did my little Champ. Al least I made a nice landing.
Oh well, such is the life of a micro rc airplane addict!
sure that was not a Hail stone scaled
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:47 PM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,624 Posts
lol!!!
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:49 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Or a bird present?
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:51 PM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Just checking...

Are we there yet?
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Jun 02, 2011, 08:02 PM
Tip stallin around town..
USA, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Nov 2010
507 Posts
yeah that brad always saying he will put up these amazing videos of his ace pilot skills and all we get are thumbnails of his busted up champ what a tool hahaha...well when it's windy and rainy out and you guys are sick of flying your sim and watching military channel at least you got one more source of entertainment..pickin on the ol b-copter...it's all good man you guys are almost friends so it's ok
brad copter is offline Find More Posts by brad copter