SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 13, 2011, 10:33 PM
Future Pilot
astronaut's Avatar
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Ridge,

Sure did! Here is my order from RadicalRC (I ordered two 5043s). I am going to try to get my hands on some CF tubing to implement your adapter, but in the meantime I thought I may as well order their adapters in case. Thanks again for the awesome vid!

GWS Rubber Press-On Spinner Prop Adapter 1.5, 2 & 2.3mm Shafts (2 of each size, 6 total) [SKU/Part No: GW/SPN001]
$2.50 USD 1 $2.50 USD

1.5mm/0.06" shaft to 4mm, Internal collet adapter (5 pieces) [SKU/Part No: RRCPA1.5-4]
$2.00 USD 1 $2.00 USD

GWS Direct & Hyper Drive Props (5043) [SKU/Part No: GWDD]
$1.00 USD 2 $2.00 USD
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2011, 10:43 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
ridgewalker's Avatar
Joined Aug 2008
4,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut View Post
Ridge,

Sure did! Here is my order from RadicalRC (I ordered two 5043s). I am going to try to get my hands on some CF tubing to implement your adapter, but in the meantime I thought I may as well order their adapters in case. Thanks again for the awesome vid!

GWS Rubber Press-On Spinner Prop Adapter 1.5, 2 & 2.3mm Shafts (2 of each size, 6 total) [SKU/Part No: GW/SPN001]
$2.50 USD 1 $2.50 USD

1.5mm/0.06" shaft to 4mm, Internal collet adapter (5 pieces) [SKU/Part No: RRCPA1.5-4]
$2.00 USD 1 $2.00 USD

GWS Direct & Hyper Drive Props (5043) [SKU/Part No: GWDD]
$1.00 USD 2 $2.00 USD
I don't know....but i don't think it is any more than a dollar or two...80 cents i think you can send a 1 oz letter from the US to Canada or Mexico.

If you want i can send you a couple pieces of cf so you can give it a try.....just PM me your address.


Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 11:08 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
MaladroitFL's Avatar
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Flew a few batteries rhrough Champ 1 today, but got another squealing sound. This time it wasn't the broken motor mount, but it was directly caused by that problem. When the mount cracked (under the weight of the keychain cam and a 240mah?) it kept on spinning ( too far away for me to hear it) so it rounded-off the tips on the main nylon drive gear.

So the Champ was running fine but had no power. Once I put a magnifying lens on those gear teeth I saw the prob.

Luckily, I save old parts in a bin and sho' 'nuff, I had a broken shaft with a perfect gear on it. So, I pressed the gear out and popped it into the Champeroo!

ANyway, I still have a great P-51 motor in the Champ, so no Solo Pro motor for her yet. But I DID remove a new Champ motor from my T-28 ( it's motor died last weekend. ) The SP was on the ay so I dropped in a fresh Champ motor until I got the helicopter motor.

MAN-o-MAN!
That Solo Pro motor rocks! I agree with Brad; this is a DEFINITE UPGRADE that you'll never regret!
I bought a few extra motors so if you need one, PM me?

I know this ain't a Champ, but it serves two purposes:
  1. It shows how fast & smooth the Solo Pro motor is
  2. It helps newbs see why the T-28 should be their NEXT plane.
If you're not interested, simply skip this YouTube offering.

love to all my Champ bro's!
Mac

MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 11:32 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
ridgewalker's Avatar
Joined Aug 2008
4,928 Posts
Mac,
I wish i had that kind of open space right out my door!
Isn't it nice how in FL the lines are buried,around here it's like flying in a spider web.lol
Unless i go to a school or park that is.

I been thinking about the t-28 for a 4 ch trainer..but i have the big parkzone P-51d Mustang BL...now i just have to start training with it.lol


Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 12:40 AM
Registered User
Kamov's Avatar
CA
Joined May 2007
1,099 Posts
Quote:
I know this ain't a Champ, but it serves two purposes:
It shows how fast & smooth the Solo Pro motor is
It helps newbs see why the T-28 should be their NEXT plane.
im thinking next micro is a T28 instead of the F4U that i've been waiting for

that thing is rockin on the SP motor is that stock prop or 5043s?

i've had the SP on my champ for 2 months and no looking back
just go 3 SXs as spares as well ready for my 2nd champ build

nice vid and nice place to fly
Kamov is offline Find More Posts by Kamov
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 04:08 AM
The lunatic is on the grass
ridgewalker's Avatar
Joined Aug 2008
4,928 Posts
Made a wide angle lens for the keychain camera!

Details this evening.


Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 05:31 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
MaladroitFL's Avatar
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
im thinking next micro is a T28 instead of the F4U that i've been waiting for

that thing is rockin on the SP motor is that stock prop or 5043s?

i've had the SP on my champ for 2 months and no looking back
just go 3 SXs as spares as well ready for my 2nd champ build

nice vid and nice place to fly
Thanks!
That's on a stock prop. I thought about putting a 5043 on her, but wanted to try it out with the stock piece.
I might just leave it alone -- perfectly happy with the rate of speed and performance as-is.

I have a couple of SX's too - not certain what size lipo needs to be brought to that little party. ( )
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 07:08 AM
Future Pilot
astronaut's Avatar
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
I don't know....but i don't think it is any more than a dollar or two...80 cents i think you can send a 1 oz letter from the US to Canada or Mexico.

If you want i can send you a couple pieces of cf so you can give it a try.....just PM me your address.


Ridgewalker
That's be great! First I am going to go to my LHS to check out if they have any, and the size I need to save you the trouble.

If they do, then it's all good, otherwise I'll let you know Ridge. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 07:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Ya' i seen a couple videos on you tube about them.
Also saw one where a guy used the eye view finder from a 35mm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK0QRnw6EP4

A bit of focus is lost,but not much....not like we are producing hollywood movies...except you fishy, lol..,you have some good editing skills nice angle transitions and good quality videos.

Maybe i can melt some glass and make one..lol
More like re-purpose something as a lens.


Ridgewalker
Ridgewalker, perfection.

Thank you for the kind words.

You did a perfect review. the Jelly lens is blurred on the edge, wondering itf this is 13 mm? that is the reason. The box one is by far better with glass viewing, wondering if the jelly is plastic? WHen you press on the keycam? how much is on the holding 1.5 mm per side to side, nothing top to top?
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 14, 2011, 07:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Flew a few batteries rhrough Champ 1 today, but got another squealing sound. This time it wasn't the broken motor mount, but it was directly caused by that problem. When the mount cracked (under the weight of the keychain cam and a 240mah?) it kept on spinning ( too far away for me to hear it) so it rounded-off the tips on the main nylon drive gear.

So the Champ was running fine but had no power. Once I put a magnifying lens on those gear teeth I saw the prob.

Luckily, I save old parts in a bin and sho' 'nuff, I had a broken shaft with a perfect gear on it. So, I pressed the gear out and popped it into the Champeroo!

ANyway, I still have a great P-51 motor in the Champ, so no Solo Pro motor for her yet. But I DID remove a new Champ motor from my T-28 ( it's motor died last weekend. ) The SP was on the ay so I dropped in a fresh Champ motor until I got the helicopter motor.

MAN-o-MAN!
That Solo Pro motor rocks! I agree with Brad; this is a DEFINITE UPGRADE that you'll never regret!
I bought a few extra motors so if you need one, PM me?

I know this ain't a Champ, but it serves two purposes:
  1. It shows how fast & smooth the Solo Pro motor is
  2. It helps newbs see why the T-28 should be their NEXT plane.
If you're not interested, simply skip this YouTube offering.

love to all my Champ bro's!
Mac

That was awesome, loved the Slow Mo, cannot get better than that.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 14, 2011, 07:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Off to the Field I went, nothing like Yesterday Morning. a gentle breeze and cross winds. I am near the Ocean and Bay, so cannot get a calm day I guess.

CAm at first could not go on due to Champ paint . Velcro came off. could not find it, till I remembered, it was on the Key cam. so I did the glueing which I only had that gorilla glue, it wil lbleed into the velcor. wish I had some more (hint).

got it all set up, did a stock, 150 mah and keycam ,it flew slow Mo, loved it but not the wind . no problem flying. was hand toss.

Then the 240mah, keycam, hand toss. and I was all over the place.

Both kidak dipped here and there , due to cross winds.

I gotten up, and all in control. SIGNAL LOSS! I started to run towards the plane, at the last 20 secs I was able to cut, glide and crash in a marsh, deep in the woods ASTRONAUNT.

Now I know how All feal. but yet with the trees. for I was Luckey I miss trees.

Imagine if this happened yesterday. I had to make sure my gear was safe, retracked with gear, found all intact.

Swapped batt's out first thing I did. and that may have been my issue no low batt warning nothing.

Got het back up, all was fine.

I flew, with no perfect lines. The canadian Geese came about. I wanted to try and get in the pack, I flew some more, and called it quits Winds started to pick up. video I have and will try to putt ogether later. No flying this week, due to weather.

Oh Man I want Calm days.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 14, 2011, 08:55 AM
Champs Anonymous Member
GJOsik's Avatar
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Jeeze, looks like I am going to have to hop on the band wagon and get a keychain camera.

Maybe the US goverment can hire us to run low altitutde reconassiance using our champs and cams

EDIT: bunch of sleepyheads eh? At work and keep checking back to see if there is anything to read. Must be flying
GJOsik is offline Find More Posts by GJOsik
Last edited by GJOsik; May 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 11:52 AM
Registered User
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Rainy here at the moment... No flying for me yet maybe later today if it clears up.
Just working on my planes... and revving them up



Nice flying Mac, and nice area to fly!
T-28 looked pretty quick.
Which is faster, T-28 with SP motor or Stock F4U?
I'm ready to see some barrel rolls

I'll probably have a UM soon... I need another backyard relaxing flyer
Don't know what I want. I wish I could get that UM P-47 Mac found overseas in Kit version and put AR6400 in it.
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 11:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Other choires are being donw, the video is made, and I must need caffeen.

For I the winds are talkin here. the video will show you that I am near the water.

Maybe when I am in Lowes, or Home depot they'll have some velcro.

Dam yellow paint , and now glue just does not do the trick. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEDbu5VYwzw
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 14, 2011, 12:02 PM
Future Pilot
astronaut's Avatar
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Other choires are being donw, the video is made, and I must need caffeen.

For I the winds are talkin here. the video will show you that I am near the water.

Maybe when I am in Lowes, or Home depot they'll have some velcro.

Dam yellow paint , and now glue just does not do the trick. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEDbu5VYwzw
Awesome vid Fishy! Thankfully your crash didn't end up like mine.

Just wondering, did you find out why exactly you lost signal? It didn't seem far enough to be out of range... Thanks!
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What plane is this? Debolt Livewire Champ-w/short video reacher10 The Builders Workshop 48 Mar 29, 2011 04:20 PM
Discussion Super Champ Restoration x-craft Off-road Cars 48 May 25, 2010 08:48 PM
For Sale Champ (1/8th scale, electric) Maggie Han Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 12 Mar 19, 2010 09:31 PM
For Sale 2x Ni-Mh batts will fit PKZ or HBZ planes gazza1 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Sep 07, 2009 10:46 AM
Question digital camera for hbz extreme bluescoobydoo Aerial Photography 0 Jul 31, 2005 12:25 PM