SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 02, 2011, 10:03 AM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Oh yeah, my Champ made out with your Champs sister! Take that.
That's OK...My Champ's sister is a Waco.
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2011, 10:10 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Oh yeah, my Champ made out with your Champs sister! Take that.

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2011, 10:11 AM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
I could care less what he calls spam. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!#1

GET SOME TERRORIST!!
Hay wise up you guys!!!!!!!

" He was the face the media had decided to put on terror, but it doesn't mean he was actually running the operation. It's kind of like Kentucky Fried Chicken. Just because the Colonel's picture's on the bucket, doesn't mean he's actually making the chicken. "
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old May 02, 2011, 10:19 AM
Occupying RCG
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Sigh...

RC, WWCD???

(What Would Calvin Do???)
Old May 02, 2011, 10:23 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Well... I just crashed my champ into the pond... video coming soon not a bad crash... more like ran out of runway and tried to abort... fail.

richos
You wise up buddy... If I could push the button I would. I'd level the whole ing franchise.
Chicken wings and legs would flying everywhere. TROLL...

anyway... back to the champ

Video should be up in about 30 minutes.. its short I cut out all the BS. Hat cam wasn't perfect this time.. But got the good stuff

Hope my champ isn't dead
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old May 02, 2011, 10:28 AM
Occupying RCG
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Blow dry, let it sit, pop in a batt, she'll be OK. Probably. I hope.
Old May 02, 2011, 10:45 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
I dunno... as I was unplugging the battery the motor revved... and TX was on the ground.

Nose was under water up to about the LE of the wing for 15 seconds or so... had to take my shoes off and roll my pants up
She was going down pretty fast.. Had 500mah battery on it

Enjoy guys
HZ Champ crash landing into pond (2 min 4 sec)
Old May 02, 2011, 10:46 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,691 Posts
What Would Calvin Do???

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2011, 10:50 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Viper82, I crashed my 120SR into our full birdbath and it was totally underwater! dried it with a blow dryer on low heat and finished with no heat. It flew fine afterwards. Foam might be a little different and require more care and patience. Good luck
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old May 02, 2011, 10:56 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Rc, nice stuff!

Viper, is that at your house? If it is god has blessed you! Not so much with piloting though

Olthump, my champ has better taste than that!
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old May 02, 2011, 11:08 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
lmao flying isn't the problem... landing seems to be my issue..

Yea its @ my house... My grandfather built the pond in the 50's.. its 7.75 acres with pier, island and HUGE 12lb large mouth bass and two concrete spill ways on the dam...
Bladder wort and water lillys are trying to take over tho... cost about 1k to treat it
I'll leave it be.

I moved away to the city a few years ago... but luckily made it back. I love it out here in the country. Lands been in my family since 1700's... Before that indians owned it I guess... find tons of arrowheads, spearheads and other artifacts

Now ya see why I want some floats
Old May 02, 2011, 11:08 AM
Occupying RCG
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Actually, Champs and Wacos are kissin' cousins...

Aeronca just south of Dayton in Middletown, Waco just north in Troy.
Old May 02, 2011, 11:10 AM
Tip stallin around town..
USA, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Nov 2010
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
I dunno... as I was unplugging the battery the motor revved... and TX was on the ground.

Nose was under water up to about the LE of the wing for 15 seconds or so... had to take my shoes off and roll my pants up
She was going down pretty fast.. Had 500mah battery on it

Enjoy guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEOE1DFMUv8
that pond looks like a really good place for some water landings (floats)..it's a good thing she didn't crash further out in the pond..i splashed down in a giant mud puddle once..the servos were going nuts and the motor was throttling up and down on it's own..i thought she was done..but after drying in front of a heater for a half hour i pooped a batt in her and she came back to lifewheew!..i have seen vids where a champ was fully submerged and the guy pulled her out of the water,gave her a few shakes to get the water out of the fuse and tossed her back in the air..kudos to to hbz electronics
brad copter is offline Find More Posts by brad copter
Old May 02, 2011, 11:14 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Viper,
W T H, man? You zip around all weekend with a 100+mph jet and then make a few videos of a very fast P-47 Thunderbolt zipping across the skies, then you get a lil' Champ and you're in the drink?

I am a great believer in weight reduction. I guess it's from my former life in the RCGroups heli forums and my SYMA S107 mods, but I am not a big fan of strapping anything bigger than a 240mah on a Champ. Maybe Greg will agaree since he seems "old school" like me.

To me, it looked like that Champ was struggling to maintain altitude. You can't trim-out nose-heavy with your tabs.

Brad Copter will scold me now about the benefits of the 500mah eflite lipo on his Champ, but he's a high-altitude, WOT flyer. I can't see that Champ doing low and slow with that much battery weight.

Go ahead and flame me now, you big lipo fans!

On the other hand, your Champ will be fine, buddy! I dunked my UM P-51D a few weeks ago and it ran fine after a session under the blow drier and then some time on the porch (not direct sun).
It ran fine and, in fact, when my UM T-28 motor went, I ripped the dunked P-51 motor out and dropped it into the "T" and it runs great...when I'm not slam-dunking her into pavement.

Dave, you have some nice property there, brother! I lived in middle Virginia for 5 years and loved the mid-Atlantic climate. But while living near the Blue Ridge Mountains was beautiful, I have always lived by the Atlantic. The ocean called and I moved to Vero Beach.

Are you on a farm? Is that your pond? Pretty neat, man!
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old May 02, 2011, 11:26 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad copter View Post
that pond looks like a really good place for some water landings (floats)..it's a good thing she didn't crash further out in the pond..i splashed down in a giant mud puddle once..the servos were going nuts and the motor was throttling up and down on it's own..i thought she was done..but after drying in front of a heater for a half hour i pooped a batt in her and she came back to lifewheew!..i have seen vids where a champ was fully submerged and the guy pulled her out of the water,gave her a few shakes to get the water out of the fuse and tossed her back in the air..kudos to to hbz electronics
Yeah, Brad, that guy Jing, who was selling Champ floats has a video of him and his Champ on a pond where it noses-in and flips under water. He takes the Champ out, gives it a bunch of hard shakes and off it goes!

That's why we love these lil' birds.
When I splashed my Sky Trainer into a pond and had to swim 20 feet out to get 'er, it took 4-5 days before it was working again and even then I had burned-out LED marker lights.

The Hobbyzone Champ is the single-greatest gift to the RC World.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL