Old Apr 22, 2011, 04:21 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
lol

Alright, I gotta get this P-47 ready to fly.

everytime I get a new plane... Its like santa claus came... all over again...

Hello, My name is David, and I'm addicted to RC airplanes
HAAAAAA HAAAAA!
David, I am literally wearing a path in my floor every time I hear a truck or loud motor approaching in my neighborhood!

Is that UPS??? Is it UPS????!!!!

Nope. It;s the mail truck.
Nope, it's a landscaper.

He usually comes between 3-6PM, so I am wearing myself out - waiting for that big T-28 box!
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2011, 04:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotowiz View Post
"fishycomics, great video my friend..i can't believe my name landed in one of your motion pictures..my face lit up with smiles when you car launched your champ for me...love the split screen and different frames..your enthusiasm is so cool fish...have a good day at work brother.."

B-COPTER

WOW - am I ever disappointed........I assumed something with a name like "car launched" by a guy named "fishycomics" surely involved topless college coeds launching this plane through a sunroof at 80 mph or something like that........
lets see how can we interprete that:

on my fan list . not sure.

hue heffner I am not, I hanger within my Age group, Beginner's/ micro indoor foam flyers.

And I no speed limits are above 65mph in the North East states, Or should I say.

OUCH your plane just bin Shreaded before it got above the defector of the Sunroof, what was that Puff of Orange smoke!
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 22, 2011, 04:57 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,996 Posts
Mac, did u get it, did u get it, did u get it??????

Thanks Fishy for the camera info. I think I like the Kodak's Sportstouch HD. Enjoyed your last flight vid. I flew this morning with 3-5 mph breeze and that little Champ is a scamp! I just sat on the park bench doing fly bys, loops, T&G's, and my favorite: super high engine off thermal soaring. This little guy is incredible. So stress free and if you can't fly this plane your either dead or a politician.

Still too chicken or anal to maiden the T-28. Waiting for calm weather as I really don't want to mess it up on the 1st flight. Just my thing
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Last edited by Bluhammer; Apr 22, 2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: omission
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:44 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
lets see how can we interprete that:

on my fan list . not sure.

hue heffner I am not, I hanger within my Age group, Beginner's/ micro indoor foam flyers.

And I no speed limits are above 65mph in the North East states, Or should I say.

OUCH your plane just bin Shreaded before it got above the defector of the Sunroof, what was that Puff of Orange smoke!

Fishy - definitely put me on your fan list!

I guess we would need to work on the launch technique! Then again, that "Puff of Orange smoke" would make quite a video.

They say all artists must make sacrifices for their work..........
fotowiz is offline Find More Posts by fotowiz
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotowiz View Post
Fishy - definitely put me on your fan list!

I guess we would need to work on the launch technique! Then again, that "Puff of Orange smoke" would make quite a video.

They say all artists must make sacrifices for their work..........
thanks

Glad we're kidding around.

i'll stick to the back of a standing still car . I know now i can launch it with a planes length , and that is Fine for me.

thanks again my fans.
Last edited by fishycomics; Apr 22, 2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 06:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Here I demo (magic words) the repair of the otor Mount , I reglue , the unconventional way. so make sure YOU use the correct stuff.

My cow, orfront, must have hit a twig, point on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyVAvebUCmM
Old Apr 22, 2011, 06:23 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Still too chicken or anal to maiden the T-28. Waiting for calm weather as I really don't want to mess it up on the 1st flight. Just my thing
David,
Get out there and FLY THAT BIRD! It's a natural in light winds. Just fly her at 30-40 feet so you have time to let-off on the sticks if you have any trouble. Remember, the T-28 flies just as low n' slow as the Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Mac, did u get it, did u get it, did u get it??????
Old Apr 22, 2011, 06:38 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
David,
Get out there and FLY THAT BIRD! It's a natural in light winds. Just fly her at 30-40 feet so you have time to let-off on the sticks if you have any trouble. Remember, the T-28 flies just as low n' slow as the Champ!
I know, I know! You really need to shame me. This morning flying the champ I kept thinking I should have manned up and flew the T-28. That's a SWEET looking kit. Does it include everything? Looks like a perfect size too.
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Apr 22, 2011, 06:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
MaladroitFL

Awesome Kit. maybe be my next plane.

Love to see her Fly.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:12 PM
Heli and E-Plane
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2010
939 Posts
MaladroitFL that's a sweet looking plane - did you get that from Nitroplanes.com?

They're currently out stock...

Let us know how she flies!!!
jer291113 is offline Find More Posts by jer291113
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:59 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Just finished her up. It went together easily, but the 5 control horns were kind of a pain. Not hard to install, just a lot of flipping the plane, glueing, flipping, screwing-in the tiny screws and then flipping it again to set the servo arm length, etc.

Now the wind is still kind of "busy." Not killer, but the sun has set in the western horizon too. I'm thinking I'd be better off doing the maiden in the AM. That would give me a chance to tape the leading edges and wing tip ends with clear.

With my luck, I'd probably scrape a wing tip - or dent it. I'd rather have the best conditions to fly her. Not like Blu though, he HAD good conditions and passed. (ha ha ha ha! )

Anyway, the build is complete. The controls work great and the motor is so smooth you could balance a stack o' dimes on it while it was running WOT.

Won't sleep much tonight in anticipation....

Mac
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:32 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Hey Guys!
We all sit and lament about the wind, but the guys on the online RC show called Flite Test (w/2 younger dudes named Josh) decided to do a short lesson on flying in heavy wind.

These guys play off each other like many comedic teams will do, so they're fun to watch (dumb Josh versus smart Josh). Plus they have a special guest in this Wind episodde.

BTW, watch the landing this guy makes in heavy winds, YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE IT!!

Enjoy...and maybe we can all be a little less afraid of wind now?

Flite Test - Flying in the wind - FLITE TIP (7 min 48 sec)
Old Apr 23, 2011, 02:25 AM
keep on spinning!
Fort Lauderdale,Florida USA
Joined May 2010
131 Posts
Going late night flying out front..

"An airplane might disappoint any pilot but it'll never surprise a good one."

Len Morgan
N212LA is offline Find More Posts by N212LA
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:26 AM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,811 Posts
shweet!

Wow that landing was awsome! great vid.@MaladroitFL that's a sweet looking plane man.Have flown my champ two batteries so far and love it.Windy here in Indy lol.Now im jonesin for Trogan ..Whats EPO foame same as EPP.. ? Anyway happy flying. Great thread . cheers Crash
crashdumby is offline Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Apr 23, 2011, 06:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Hey Guys!
We all sit and lament about the wind, but the guys on the online RC show called Flite Test (w/2 younger dudes named Josh) decided to do a short lesson on flying in heavy wind.

Enjoy...and maybe we can all be a little less afraid of wind now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t81d...eature=related
Kewl. Was that really him , , and thought he passed, great landing, but to long a intro, for me very professional thumbs up