SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:16 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N212LA View Post
Nice choices there! If your think'in about Nitroplanes check out. Dynam 2.4Ghz Grand Cruiser Twin Engine Brush-less Motor/ Lipo/ESC RTF Ready to Fly Airplane..Great plane, if you are going the Nitroplane way me and my bro both have flow these Jakub crashed his,lol. Mine has over 200 flights on her! J.
This plane wouldn't be good as a 2nd plane.

It is low wing... would not self stabilize and crash...

Go high wing.
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:18 AM
keep on spinning!
Fort Lauderdale,Florida USA
Joined May 2010
131 Posts
Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
Any of those would be a good 2nd plane.

I would go with one that was EPO and brushless.

I think the super cub has a brushed motor and is overpriced, big time. JMO

HK and NP both have some nice epo high wing trainers and @ a nice price

Beautifully stated stated here man!
N212LA is offline Find More Posts by N212LA
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:22 AM
United States, FL, Key Largo
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Any of those would be a good 2nd plane.

I would go with one that was EPO and brushless.

I think the super cub has a brushed motor and is overpriced, big time. JMO

HK and NP both have some nice epo high wing trainers and @ a nice price
they all are epo and burshless i think, the one im most intrested in is the that one in the secound link, i can put my AR reciever in it and use my spectrum with it. and i can add flaps to it wich is somthing i like alot for if i want to fly at my house and take off and land on my street. and the vids of that thing has a very short take off distance wich is somthing i need if i want to fly it off my street.
minegun2 is offline Find More Posts by minegun2
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:24 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
I've not followed this thread. Just got a Champ based on seeing some buddies fly indoor this past winter. How are they for quality control? Mine was bad.

I had one sent to Phoenix to meet me for vacation. Went to try to fly it and it didn't work. Tried to bind it and it seemed to bind for a second or two then it cut out. Just blinking. Bottom line I can get it to stay working. I called HH and they will send me a brick when they get more in. Unfortunately I'm out of luck for my vacation.

Have these proven to be so unreliable? I have a half dozen HH micros and this is the only bad one I have gotten. Really wish my luck would have held out for this one.

Is there any DIY fix for the brick when it won't stay bound? I'd really like to fly over my vacation.
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:24 AM
keep on spinning!
Joined May 2010
131 Posts
"The Champ can only take us so far...."

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.... "Leonardo da Vinci...

Moving on..

"High Flight.."

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee, Jr."
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:27 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N212LA View Post
Beautifully stated stated here man!
??
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:28 AM
keep on spinning!
Joined May 2010
131 Posts
Hiya Joe R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post
I've not followed this thread. Just got a Champ based on seeing some buddies fly indoor this past winter. How are they for quality control? Mine was bad.

I had one sent to Phoenix to meet me for vacation. Went to try to fly it and it didn't work. Tried to bind it and it seemed to bind for a second or two then it cut out. Just blinking. Bottom line I can get it to stay working. I called HH and they will send me a brick when they get more in. Unfortunately I'm out of luck for my vacation.

Have these proven to be so unreliable? I have a half dozen HH micros and this is the only bad one I have gotten. Really wish my luck would have held out for this one.

Is there any DIY fix for the brick when it won't stay bound? I'd really like to fly over my vacation.
Welcome to the Champ lifestyle. Try and read what's bee go'in on in Champ World. Welcome better luck and keep drink'in the kool-aid..
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:32 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minegun2 View Post
they all are epo and burshless i think, the one im most intrested in is the that one in the secound link, i can put my AR reciever in it and use my spectrum with it. and i can add flaps to it wich is somthing i like alot for if i want to fly at my house and take off and land on my street. and the vids of that thing has a very short take off distance wich is somthing i need if i want to fly it off my street.

The 2nd link is a very nice plane. Kinda large for my taste as a second plane. Weighing 2.5 pounds... crashes will be hard. EPO is tough but not indestructible.

I would go around 36 inch wingspan first. staying under a pound. maybe 10-12oz.

You can put your dsm2 rx in any plane... Flaps are not needed yet, too much to worry about. You flip the flap switch, she pitchs up, tip stalls...

Super Cub has a 480 brushed motor.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:35 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post

Plug in the RX battery while TX is a little ways away from the plane.. Make sure you are following the binding instructions to the letter.. Try wigging the battery wire to see it makes any difference.. Make sure the battery is good and also charged up..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:36 AM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
The 2nd link is a very nice plane. Kinda large for my taste as a second plane. Weighing 2.5 pounds... crashes will be hard. EPO is tough but not indestructible.

I would go around 36 inch wingspan first. staying under a pound. maybe 10-12oz.

You can put your dsm2 rx in any plane... Flaps are not needed yet, too much to worry about. You flip the flap switch, she pitchs up, tip stalls...

Super Cub has a 480 brushed motor.
yea but im not shure how well she will do in 10-20mph winds, its why im sorta wanting to go with a bigger plane. thoes other planes arnt much bigger then the supercub, plus i can advance with them too. the one in the third link is 5 inches shorter then the one in the secound link. and its only a 100dollars, its till brush less too.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:37 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
I would get one around this size

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16657

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11966
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:44 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Speed will help in the wind.....

My 36in wingspan BN2 gets bounced all around... my 26?inch wingspan F-86 slices thru it like a hot knife thru butter.... But I'm scared of that plane... It will get out of control in the blink of the eye... You can't make a mistake, and you fly 2 seconds in front of you. And only your planned flight path... Kinda more nerve racking than fun...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:45 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minegun2 View Post
yea but im not shure how well she will do in 10-20mph winds, its why im sorta wanting to go with a bigger plane. thoes other planes arnt much bigger then the supercub, plus i can advance with them too. the one in the third link is 5 inches shorter then the one in the secound link. and its only a 100dollars, its till brush less too.
But they are all good trainers by the looks... None would be a bad choice.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:47 AM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
But they are all good trainers by the looks... None would be a bad choice.
yea i know its why im having such a hard time picking one
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:56 AM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Tell me about it.... I don't know how many virtual shopping carts I've filled then changed my mind.

I've got a 750mm P-47 otw... to help me with low wing flight... F-86 doesn't wanna go slow... balls to the wall, seat of your pants flying. I've never held WOT on it for over 10 seconds.

Those planes that are 48in and up really need a runway...

Do your research... get something you'll be happy with