Originally Posted by helibard View Post
Bunch of crap, let it go. I'm out of here
don't go!! i just made popcorn..i made enough for everyone
brad copter is offline Find More Posts by brad copter
Old Apr 18, 2011, 02:23 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,904 Posts
Well, alrighty then... any advice you take on the forums is @ your own risk.... One mans bad advice might be another mans saving grace or vice versa. I go by whatever works best for you.

I hope brad can get back in the air soon. Kinda miss reading his stories of dodging heli's and stuff

I've got to replace my tail now... It just got destroyed... by a turkey buzzard.
Mean ass bird. I was trying to fly in formation with him.. when I guess we bumped and he wigged out and attacked... Ripped my rudder almost completely off the V-stab and broke my elevator horn.. the champ spiraled down from ~200 feet and crashed into the woods. had to stand on top my truck and use my gopher pole to get it out a tree...

I've heard people say they are mean, that they will kill young calves... Didn't think he would trip out and attack my champ...
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old Apr 18, 2011, 02:52 PM
I love HAM
Joined Nov 2005
725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
[...] turkey buzzard [...] I was trying to fly in formation with him.. when I guess we bumped and he wigged out and attacked... [...]

I've heard people say they are mean, that they will kill young calves... Didn't think he would trip out and attack my champ...
Lol you bother him and even bump into him and then when he lashes out you call him "mean ass" You know what he's telling his wife tonight after the chicks have gone to sleep?
Schermvlieger is offline Find More Posts by Schermvlieger
Old Apr 18, 2011, 02:52 PM
Tip stallin around town..
USA, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Nov 2010
507 Posts
Quote:
Well, alrighty then... any advice you take on the forums is @ your own risk.... One mans bad advice might be another mans saving grace or vice versa. I go by whatever works best for you.

I hope brad can get back in the air soon. Kinda miss reading his stories of dodging heli's and stuff

I've got to replace my tail now... It just got destroyed... by a turkey buzzard.
Mean ass bird. I was trying to fly in formation with him.. when I guess we bumped and he wigged out and attacked... Ripped my rudder almost completely off the V-stab and broke my elevator horn.. the champ spiraled down from ~200 feet and crashed into the woods. had to stand on top my truck and use my gopher pole to get it out a tree...

wow that's a crazy story..i have tried to dogfight with everything from crows,turkey vultures,ducks,geese you name it..nothing would ever engage in battle (not even the army chopper) guess my champ is intimidating with my bullet lights on the wings..they do look like sidewinders..lol..too bad you lost the battle..guess you will be reviewing fishes vids on changing the tail...i will be back in the air in a few days
brad copter is offline Find More Posts by brad copter
Old Apr 18, 2011, 02:54 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:

I had a run-in with a big black crow on Sunday. The Champ got away unscathed.
Then another one went after my T-28. he didn't stand a chance against that lil' warbird! The "T" was toying with that bird. It flew off squawking like a PO'd mother-in-law!

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Well Just watched HAzel. maybe you kids should take lessions from the show, including me LOL. Now go out and fly your planes and you forget everything that ever happened LOL. was about gas String airplanes back then .

WOW they are Big Birds of Prey, and tehy are impressive at times .

For me its a No go for flying, Are we ready to Rumble. I'll take a bag bradcoptor.

Get back up there , we miss ya. flying stories.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:28 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,904 Posts
Most of the birds I fly with run away... Had a small bird dive down and hide in the tall field grass... When I was chasing him... I think he thought he was bout to be lunch

Maybe he/she is building a nest nearby or something since its spring time... I didn't think all that was going to happen... stupid bird is still doing circles around the field... Oh well, he won he can have it.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
I can here them say Chirp, Champ CHAMP
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 18, 2011, 04:29 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Quote:

Viper,

Very cool!

My neighbor has a large acreage with about 200~300 resedent turkey vultures that live in his massive poplar trees. They are a big part of my RC entertainment here in Idaho.
I fly my UM planes off my driveway in the early morning and early evening calm. I noticed that my 'flying field' was in the direct flight path of the vultures. Great fun, especially in the early evening as they are returning home. Recently had a good laugh when I noticed that the 'turkeys' have altered their return flight paths this year. Yep, that would be me!
They seem to be very unaggressive birds.
Excellent info here:
http://natureali.org/TVfacts.htm

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2011, 04:46 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,904 Posts
I thought they were unaggressive too...I checked and it says they can be mean when near their nest so I dunno. I usually see 4 flying around here during the day. So maybe they live here. Who knows.. We have tons of wildlife here. I've seen 1 bald eagle here all my life, and that was last year. Deer hunters dream... See'm by the HERDS!!! atleast 20 in the fields some nights. Beavers in our pond are mean. Bobcats, coyotes, some say panthers?, bears?, and just recently sasquatchs but really Discovery channel or animal planet came to check out "sasquatch" not 10 miles from here recently (probably some drunk redneck dressed up). In Uwharrie national forest.

Back to work on the champ
Old Apr 18, 2011, 04:47 PM
AKA RTF
United States, NY, New York
Joined Mar 2011
221 Posts
Hey all,i want to put the brick from a busted up ump51 mustang into my spare champ,question is how can i use the stock transmitter to operate elevator and rudder on right stick?The manual only shows how to reverse servos.I do have a DX6i can i program it to switch the rudder from left stick to right.Thanks
LindyFlya is offline Find More Posts by LindyFlya
Old Apr 18, 2011, 04:54 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
One of my Turkey adventures from last year...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1713

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2011, 05:25 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindyFlya View Post
Hey all,i want to put the brick from a busted up ump51 mustang into my spare champ,question is how can i use the stock transmitter to operate elevator and rudder on right stick?The manual only shows how to reverse servos.I do have a DX6i can i program it to switch the rudder from left stick to right.Thanks
With the dx6i you can set a mix so when you move the aileron it moves the rudder. very easy to setup
Old Apr 18, 2011, 05:49 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,919 Posts
The only dangerous wildlife around here walk on two legs!
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer