HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:12 AM
Suspended Account
Grand Island, NE, USA
Joined Jul 2010
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm5837 View Post
Just bought this plane just to fly at night. (0 wind at night) Been teaching people to fly with these planes and after repairing their planes after crashes, I would take them out to test fly. Usually in the dark since thats when I would get done with repairs. Noticed that the red rx lights the fuse up pretty well and the yellow color reflects the street lamps pretty good. Fun to fly at night. Fell in love with the plane.

Thinking of getting the tinybrite light kit just for the heck of it. To you guys that are using this kit..... how much does this light kit cut flight time? Anyone tried wireing in a mini switch to turn them off during the day?
In my experience, you won't even notice a difference in flight time. Especially if your using a 150mah or better battery. As far as a switch goes, why add the extra weight? Even during the day time, the LEDs are bright enough to still see.
DragonTower is offline Find More Posts by DragonTower
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:43 AM
Wellington, Florida
Joined Jun 2004
215 Posts
DragonTower is right. I leave my LEDs on all the time.
MarksRC is offline Find More Posts by MarksRC
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:36 PM
Erie, PA
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
would you guys know how to change the main wing on the champ? I ordered a new wing and I don't want to destroy the plane taking off the old one

thanks, rsnail
RocketSnail is offline Find More Posts by RocketSnail
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:50 PM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Casper, Wyoming
Joined Nov 2009
1,097 Posts
Naptha or lighter fluid and a gentle touch.
Brent Slensker is offline Find More Posts by Brent Slensker
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:55 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,295 Posts
Just ordered the tiny brite lights kit... looks like they do ship to Spain...

lets wait

Oh by the way.. with the caution note that it still have not arrived here..

I have to score top class Horizon Hobby support service..

I had to sent the brick twice... first one due to a small mistake in their adress and then the brick came back to me.. and second.. i put a sticker with the correct adress over the same package over the wrong adress and aparently the sticker fell off and it again came returned.. now Horizon Hobby told me that i didnt need to send again the brick and that they are sending me a new one directly .... also they said they would sent in the same package a Blade 120SR tail motor since by 120SR tail motor failed on first day..

they have been very kind and patient so far.. so i cant less that thanks them and at least say here how helpful they have been so far..
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:06 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSnail View Post
would you guys know how to change the main wing on the champ? I ordered a new wing and I don't want to destroy the plane taking off the old one

thanks, rsnail
Thin butterknife heated over a candle.

Go in a little all the way around, keep going around going a bit deeper each time around.

The double-sided tape is in 2 strips running front-to-back near the edges of the fuse.

Regular craft/scrapbooking double-sided tape holds it on fine.

Dave
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:32 PM
Erie, PA
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
oh sweet! Thanks guys for the replies
RocketSnail is offline Find More Posts by RocketSnail
Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:25 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
wing and tail lol

Today I had a great flight until the end when I got disoriented and crashed straight into the ground ripping the right side of the wing off. Went to 3 hobby stores all out of wings. I had one on order, and now I ordered a second for backup...then....as I put it in the box I cracked the tail! I glued it back hoping that it will be fine. So easy to break being so thin. I didn't think the wing would break like that being pretty sturdy though. Too late to glue that on because I broke pieces off trying to get the whole thing off the plane. When I put the new wing on can I use canopy glue?
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:41 PM
Wellington, Florida
Joined Jun 2004
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
When I put the new wing on can I use canopy glue?
I used Formula 560 canopy glue to attach my wing and it has 60 flights so far with no problems. I haven't had to detach the wing yet so, I'm not sure what it will take to get it off. I use ca and canopy glue on all my foamies.
MarksRC is offline Find More Posts by MarksRC
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:16 PM
Ridgecrest Calif
Joined Nov 2010
864 Posts
Was introduced to this video on another thread.

It shows hot glue joints separating immediately and cleanly with rubbing alcohol. If it works as advertised, I wonder if we should replace wings with a bead of hg along each edge. Fast repair and easy non-destructive removal.

How to cleanly remove Hot Glue from nearly any surface (2 min 17 sec)
WAM74 is offline Find More Posts by WAM74
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:40 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksRC View Post
I used Formula 560 canopy glue to attach my wing and it has 60 flights so far with no problems. I haven't had to detach the wing yet so, I'm not sure what it will take to get it off. I use ca and canopy glue on all my foamies.
Thanks for the response I should have just glued the wing back together, but with my OCD, I know I would want to replace anyway. It seems when I get too confident things break lol
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jan 27, 2011, 08:13 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,295 Posts
Weeeee

New brick cortesy of Horizon support arrived today.. and its allready instaled and hot-glued (i guess its ok hotgluing it right? ) and binded.. everything works.. but i wont be able to test it until saturday morning (and that IF weather allows)..

So far at my home it hasnt had problems so far
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2011, 08:14 AM
Enough Power? -NEVER ENOUGH!
North-Eastern Saskatchewan, Canada -Eh?!
Joined Apr 2008
1,386 Posts
i think that the rubbing alcohol in that vid will remove the paint
monboy10 is offline Find More Posts by monboy10
Old Jan 27, 2011, 08:16 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monboy10 View Post
i think that the rubbing alcohol in that vid will remove the paint
I wondered about that, and also whether it's foam-safe

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 27, 2011, 08:25 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,295 Posts
I would say its not..

I once began to clean some dirt on my CloudsFly wings (EPO) and stoped fast when saw the alcohol was afecting the foam (like if it was begining to melt or compact it)
RCG Plus Member