SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:20 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
I'll throw out movie lines from Top Gun, Aliens, Ghost Buster's, Dirty Dancing, Red Dawn etc. they mostly miss comprehension and show my age.... Good grief youngsters, tune in and watch an old movie once and a while, the original Jaw's is full of great "one liners" "we're gonna need a bigger boat". So what, some of them are cheesy but still?
WC, I'm a Caddyshack man, myself. (So I've got that going for me... which is nice.)
But I can usually recognize some lines from Ghostbusters, Aliens and, of course, Star Wars.

No flying for me today. Way too windy here in sunny (cold) FL. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer with almost no wind at all, so I'll be out there!

The Champ will be flying, along with the UM T-28. But I expect we'll be having some wing combat. Should be a fun morning.

Happy Belated Birthday, WC and....

Merry Christmas to all!

Mac
"I'd keep flying. I think it'll be awhile before we get any of the heavy stuff..."
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:50 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Barenaked Ladies

... popular Canadian band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHacDYj8KZM
when they were still together, I think I saw there xmas concert in Akron, OH about 4 years ago..could have been 5.. Good band.. To bad they broke up
Ginohio is offline Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
put me in center field John fogerty

Yes once again WC happ belated B-day my friend
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:19 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,259 Posts
Mac,
"your killing me smalls"

TY fishy
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:00 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,091 Posts
Yeah I'm a Bill Murray quoter myself

Happy Belated Birthday to you Whirlcap

and a Merry Christmas to All Champers
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:13 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
thank you, always my Motto,

Vern, Hey Vern
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, IL, West Dundee
Joined Dec 2012
80 Posts
Hey all, great thread! Do you think a noob can fly a Champ in a warehouse space that's 70x50? I'm flying my Night Vapor there and I'm itching to try the Champ, but I don't want to do anything stupid. How much higher is the Champ's level cruising speed? TIA, and Merry Christmas!
EPP Destroyer is offline Find More Posts by EPP Destroyer
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:13 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPP Destroyer View Post
Hey all, great thread! Do you think a noob can fly a Champ in a warehouse space that's 70x50? I'm flying my Night Vapor there and I'm itching to try the Champ, but I don't want to do anything stupid. How much higher is the Champ's level cruising speed? TIA, and Merry Christmas!
70x50m, yes... feet, no. I mean it (feet, not meters or yards) could be done if you're experienced and really on the ball every second... not much fun or stress free when I picture doing it looking at a google map of my residence
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Dec 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:16 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,091 Posts
The Night Vapor is a slow flier, the champ is not so slow. I have had over 100 living room flights with the NV. The Champ is a parkflier. Some fly it out front of their house, but indoors might be pushing it.
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:10 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,331 Posts
Quote:

If its 70X50m yes.. definitily..

I flew the Champ in a 30X50m field and in my work's parking wich is 12X60

you can turn very tight with the Champ ..
JLT_GTI is online now Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
50 ft. for me is tight. If I had a full clearance I fly above obstructions, if I hav like what is shown in the book. I pass.

Today wat a day it was to fly twice no wind thanks Santa.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:16 PM
United States, IL, West Dundee
Joined Dec 2012
80 Posts
I apogize, it's 50'x70'. I'll be smart and wait for calmer weather, although the windy week we've had is killing me..... Thanks for the responses.
EPP Destroyer is offline Find More Posts by EPP Destroyer
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Forget any weight like a Kc808. am sure as soon as you airborn TURN. just to much pressure for me to fly enclosed.
no need to apolagise .
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:45 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
I apogize, it's 50'x70'. I'll be smart and wait for calmer weather, although the windy week we've had is killing me..... Thanks for the responses.
+1 Good choice! In winter I fly in a gymnauseum and it's a lot like NASCAR - turn left...turn left... repeat for ten minutes...: Tried looping a couple of times but did NOT like how that turned out... even though the spectators loved it...
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:56 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,979 Posts
I fly my Champ in an indoor basket ball court, at church. I take two "Post it" notes and cut away some of the paper until there is a strip, half sticky and half not. I add them to the wings as drag flaps, bending them down at a right angle to the wing. I increase the expo to soften the rudder response and add a little rudder trim once I start flying, to increase the tendency to turn in the "correct" direction. I trim to fly in a circle and correct the travel to go straight. I use my lighter batteries and keep the throttle down... the little tots at church love to chase it around and around the court, like a youth soccer "herdball" match, and the moms love me for wearing the little ones out. Then, I bring out the "Dollar Tree Gliders" and we all fly... mixing in a little Christianity and moral lesson (usually about sharing planes). I would use my Vapor but the Champ endures little-finger handling much better.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by davidterrell80; Dec 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM.