HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:46 AM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
296 Posts
I use these Miniaviation 190 25c batteries for my champ during the summer when It's warm and love them. They are light, climb out great, have done 10 loops in a row, and I can fly for 10 minutes. Leethetreeguy turned me on to them. I have around 30 hours using 3 in rotation. One I threw out after it started to slow down, and one is still new in the package. Very happy with these batteries and will buy 5 new ones this spring for the summer. Now, when it gets below 40 degrees I use only the Hyperion 550 25c batteries. They are heavier, can still do one loop, but can still fly in this cold and get 10 minutes of flight. Now keep in mind, these 10 minute flights are not at wide open all the time... Capt'n Ron

http://www.miniaviation.com/KM_190P.html
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain
Last edited by mycaptain; Dec 06, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
To add to the Capt'n.....

I have a few 500's they are great. they do not stop the champ from flying, even with a Keycam 808.

I toss it super soft, and she goes a straight line 3 feet off the floor. down the field I start to lift, and do a couple of soft Counter banks. and she is up.

The life of battery for me, lasted 1.3/4 years. a flight about every day for a good six months, and then every weekend. Still flying today on the same bat's and when Ifinish they will be marked 15?

As you hit LVC, age, and life of bat they have to give.

My other one will be marked 7?

Love to place a 600mah on but the 500's are perfect for me, it gives me a perfect alignment for my keycam. 600 is a tad bigger.

you be amazed the extra power, weight and fly time. I keep to a general discussion over a touchy topic that some say gold is better than silver, youget the picture
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:59 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,973 Posts
Capt'n Ron, thanks for remembering brother. If I could afford it...I would give you all a pack of MA 190's for Christmas. They are still the best batts I know of. And I have been around a while. I have a lot of others, but they are all in a storage bin. Have been every since I got the MA's.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:20 AM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
296 Posts
Leethetreeguy... Lee, thanks again for recommending these MA 190's batteries to me. I love 'em. All my other batteries are in storage also, I don't know what for, I'll never use them again. I might as well throw them away. Whoops, I mean properly dispose of them. Also, I know it gets cold down there in the winter also. When it gets down in the 30's tape on a Hyperion 550 25c on that champ. I don't like the added weight of the battery, but at least I can get out and fly in this cold. Champ has great rpm's with this battery and I can fly for 10 minutes no problem. My fingers are numb by then.haha Thanks again brother, Capt'n Ron

How's that Banjo pickin' coming along? Still waiting for that video?
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:26 AM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Capt'n Ron, thanks for remembering brother. If I could afford it...I would give you all a pack of MA 190's for Christmas. They are still the best batts I know of. And I have been around a while. I have a lot of others, but they are all in a storage bin. Have been every since I got the MA's.
Lee
Hey Lee, this is OT, but I think you are the closest person to me that I've seen on here, other than another guy in my club up here. I used to love in hoschton right near the Mayfield plant, those big warehouses that they built off of old winder highway(or right at exit 126 on 85) about 9 years ago were built about 100 yards behind my house, hence why our family moved.
nightfox7 is offline Find More Posts by nightfox7
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
Put a new motor/gearbox in my champ this past weekend. Man, that was easy! In and out in about 5 minutes. Why did I wait so long? Doh!
HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:17 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,560 Posts
Not sure whether this has been posted already:

HH has Champ on sale, $15 off

http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...holiday-coupon

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:22 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post

Got my 3rd one last month at my LHS for $67.00 when I saw the sale they had hard not to buy it even though I don't need 3, going to my son for xmas present.
Ginohio is offline Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post

I got that email.....so hard to resist.
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Dec 2012
71 Posts
Any body out there know if the receiver brick in the Champ is made
by Nine Eagles ?? I had heard they make a lot of receivers for the
Micro planes. I have a Cox Sky Cruiser (Nine Eagles receiver brick)
who's transmiter is a 2.4ghx, and has a
clever way of just inverting it, repositioning the antena to vertical,
And it becomes a Mode 1 transmiter , which I fly, and was hopeing
it might be compatible with the Champ. Sure wish they sold tha Champ
in a
Mode 1 configuration .......... THX
Sky Cruiser is offline Find More Posts by Sky Cruiser
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:48 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,749 Posts
@Sky Cruiser

Nine Eagles makes receivers for whose micro planes? Maybe your referring to the fact that many of their birds are sold under other brand names?

Horizon (Blade, E-flite, Parkzone, Hobbyzone, Pro Boats, Losi etc.) designs and manufacters all their stuff in house as far as I know.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Dec 2012
71 Posts
THX North......
Didn't know thoes outfits made their own stuff.......figured it was probably
a pipe dream. S.K.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:09 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,973 Posts
Nighfox, sorry I missed your post. I live just off of Winder hwy. Very near the mayfield plant. Wish you could visit?
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
71 Posts
Any one out there had any experience mechanically changing the control
sticks on the Champ um transmiter to the Mode 1 configuration ???
THX........S.C.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:12 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,838 Posts
Don't have an answer to that, but I got this in a search:

DX4e

This radio has been designed to be used with the mCP X and allows you to switch back and forth between flight modes, but these are not configurable. It has a switch to change mode 1 and mode 2. It has a trainer port that can be used to control a simulator.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000