Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:37 AM
Unregistered User
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Aug 2011
114 Posts
One of my first posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsonn View Post
Thanks again RTF Thumper for all your help. I can mostly keep it in the air, but a lot of learning and a long way to go to meet your skills.

Bob

Not my first, but one of them. "I can mostly keep it in the air" Too funny.

Bob
bowsonn is offline Find More Posts by bowsonn
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 01:25 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,032 Posts
Lol Bowsonn

Thats excactly what I was thinking, at the field last sunday, trying to keep the delta in the air Got it now though (hand positioning is the key).
Nighthawk74 is offline Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dualsky Hornet 460
Old May 02, 2012, 12:30 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,484 Posts
Yippeee!!!!! I finally got a calm day to get out and fly my Champ. I was going through withdrawls!
jwp2 is online now Find More Posts by jwp2
Old May 02, 2012, 07:20 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,484 Posts
Well, that was short lived! If its a dead calm evening, I always get excited thinking the next morning will be calm too. Wel, not today, its windy as heck out there!
Old May 04, 2012, 09:27 AM
Liverpool, UK
Joined Jul 2006
177 Posts
i havent been able to get out for over a week now, god damn wind!!

please oh please gods of wind, make it a calm weekend please
mudcow007 is offline Find More Posts by mudcow007
Old May 04, 2012, 10:41 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,484 Posts
If your luck is like mine, it will be dead calm only while your at work!
Old May 04, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Jan 2007
132 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just got a deal on the fuse w/ brick & motor. Don't own a Champ otherwise. I was going to use the parts for a 3-ch dollar tree deal I was building for my kid to fly/destroy. However, the fuse is so pretty I thought maybe I'd just build a wing & tail feathers for it. Anybody have a pdf of said airfoils? Please forgive that I did not read the thread or use search. This all came about just a few hours ago and the plane is supposed to be ready for tomorrow! Thanks for any help.

Regards,

HnP
highnpressurized is offline Find More Posts by highnpressurized
Old May 09, 2012, 04:15 PM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
965 Posts
Got my Champ out yesterday after a long nap in the workshop (the plane, not me!) this winter. To beat the wind, I usually wait until about 30 minutes before sunset. Here in Indiana, the wind seems to die down well at that point.

Flew it two full batteries. I still love this thing! I've had planes that were much more expensive that didn't fly as well. I did this video last year. Some of you might have seen it, but its been a year since I posted it.

Cat attack at 2:05! Winds were gusty when I shot this. Shame too. The previous evening, it was perfect, but I didn't have my video camera.

Hobbyzone Aeronca Champ Champion RTF Radio Control Airplane R/C Parkflyer (3 min 6 sec)
HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
Last edited by HelloScott; May 09, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old May 09, 2012, 11:37 PM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,484 Posts
Excellent video! I usually like to fly just beforedusk or right after dawn. The winds seem to die down really well here in Northern Ill too.
Old May 10, 2012, 09:06 AM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
Cool vid i just got my first champ last friday but have been to buissy to try it out, hopefully this weekend,, This will be my first airplane well i say that but i have a PZ P-51 Mustang i destrioyed and a GWS slow stick that i cant get off the ground so hopefully i can learn to fly this one..
HYDROJERRY is offline Find More Posts by HYDROJERRY
Old May 10, 2012, 06:34 PM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,484 Posts
You wont be dissapointed! it flies great. Just make sure you have a nice open grassy field to fly over and you'll have a blast!
Old May 10, 2012, 08:44 PM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
thanks bud, i think im going to go to the closest school and try it in the ball feild first..
Old May 10, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,484 Posts
Thats where I fly 90% of the time is at the baseball field.
Old May 11, 2012, 06:26 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
thanks bud, i think im going to go to the closest school and try it in the ball feild first..
I also use a school ball field. Just make sure you avoid the temptation to let it get up too high where the wind can take it up, up and away! If you have a programmable transmitter, there are suggested settings here, but most of all, it'll give you further range. There have been plenty of posts about the plane getting out of range and never being found again!!!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old May 11, 2012, 12:28 PM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
yep ive seen some of them, it came with just the factory transmitter but its ok i plan on staying low,slow and close.. Dont want to kill it my first time, rather it be a low and light crash!!! I m sure its gonna happen many of times..