HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:34 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,062 Posts
I have flown the Trojan, Mustang, and corsair. I have them here with me in the hanger. The best after a Champ to adjust to four channel is by far the Trojan. It is another super plane. Still running as one of my favorites. You would love it too.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:02 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jun 2011
99 Posts
I bought one of these last month to trick mates into the hobby, one of the best investments I've made in RC so far (let them use my Dx6). It's amazing how stress free it is teaching someone to fly with the champ.

I've been able to get two mates really interested in the hobby so far, and hopefully a third mate will get hooked this thur/Fri
lofi is offline Find More Posts by lofi
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:35 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
I have flown the Trojan, Mustang, and corsair. I have them here with me in the hanger. The best after a Champ to adjust to four channel is by far the Trojan. It is another super plane. Still running as one of my favorites. You would love it too.
Lee
I'm with Lee! The Champ is in my heart, but the T-28 UM is my favorite ultra micro. Tons of fun and a much better flyer then the P-51 and Corsair.
Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:28 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,062 Posts
Yea, I could be happy flyin the Champ and Trojan all dang day long. No worries at all.
Lee
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:22 PM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,091 Posts
+1 Blu & Lee
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:54 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,796 Posts
I totally agree about the UM T-28.

But if you want something larger, instead of a second UM, the E-flite Apprentice also is a good first step into 4-channel. Flies easy, like a big Champ -- but with ailerons and with more power and stability in the wind.

Dave
pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:25 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,646 Posts
I could be happy flying my Champ, My full size Trojan, my MaxJet F-117a, my FMS Flying Shark, my FMS P47 Jug, my FMS P-51 Mustang, my J-35 Draken, my Art-Tech Spitfire, my Blade CX2, my I-Phone micro heli, and my B-2 Stealth Bomber (if I could get the retracts to work).

I COULD be happy but I'll still want another plane...dang this disease!
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:29 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010 View Post
.....My full size Trojan......

Awesome!

Do you keep it at home?

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:04 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post

Awesome!

Do you keep it at home?

I try to keep it with me as much as possible
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:17 PM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,593 Posts
It seems like no matter how much we improve and progress to bigger faster more capable(aerobatic) planes, Flying the Champ is like visiting an old friend.
jwp2 is online now Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,062 Posts
I have a lot of different planes and copters too. But, the Champ is reliable and relaxing. And really, just a plain joy to fly. It looks so good slow and low. But, so does the Trojan. Then there are the ones that can do most anything you want to try. The Beast and sukhoi for examples. Heck, who am I kidding? They are all fun to fly. hahaha. I have the sickness too. hahahahaha
Lee
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:13 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
I totally agree about the UM T-28.

But if you want something larger, instead of a second UM, the E-flite Apprentice also is a good first step into 4-channel. Flies easy, like a big Champ -- but with ailerons and with more power and stability in the wind.

Dave
I would also like to recommend the flyzone sensei. That was my first rc plane. No sim practice, no instructor, just flew it about two days after it showed up at my door, and if I hadn't tried showing off and wrecked it (upside down into a building at full speed) she'd be flying right now.

In fact that's the only reason I own a champ, I wanted something cheaper to break and boy did I get my money's worth
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:54 PM
pdp
Still learning!
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
Well, I just joined the Champ club!!! For the past month or so, I've been reading this Champ thread - I'm up to page 715 or so! Man, it's a long one! I feel like I know a lot of you on this thread while I haven't said a word here yet! LOL. I enjoyed many of fishycomics vids of last summer and a lot of the other content that has been shared on this incredibly long thread. It has been very informative to say the least!

I just received my Champ last night and just came back inside after it's maiden flight and it could not have gone any better! Man does this bird ever fly so sweet!

It flew perfect right out of the box. No trim was necessary! I flew on the stock battery for about 16 minutes until I started losing power and I landed it right at my feet. I couldn't believe my eyes!

I got into this hobby last summer. I had the choice of buying the Mini Super Cub or the Champ and, you guessed it, I went with the MSC. Well, for an extra $10 I thought it was a better deal at the time. The plane was much heavier and it came with a DVD!! But after this evening's maiden flight of the Champ, I now know that I made the wrong choice last summer. The MSC is much harder to control as compared to the Champ - I just learned the hard way.

I lost the MSC on top of a school a month ago (hence the reading of this monster thread looking for suggestions to buy another plane). The school janitor actually called me the following day after I had reported it missing so it was a miracle that I actually recovered it. It needs a bit of TLC before it can get airborne again. I did enjoy some flights with it over the last few months as I was using the #11 keychain cam on it and took a few descent vids of the neighborhood. I am hoping to do the same with the champ once I upgrade my Tx.

I also bought the Night Vapor back in Feb for floating around the back yard. It is very relaxing to fly but you need absolutely ZERO wind for it to fly. It is cool to see it fly at night though with all its lights on.

Anyways, I just thought I would say hi to everyone and to say thanks to all of you who contributed to this long thread. You converted someone else to the wonderful world of the Champ!

pdp
pdp is offline Find More Posts by pdp
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:00 PM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Welcome!!!

The Champ is a real smile maker.

Nice to have a member from way Up East.
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:08 PM