HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2012, 07:11 AM
Liverpool, UK
Joined Jul 2006
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
It is recommended to use packaging tape as a fix on these, why not use it to keep it together?
This was given as a match, but not sure if it's available across the pond:

Touch up paint Folk Art #627 Tangerine acrylic paint commonly available at craft stores and Joanne fabrics.
Fantastico!

order, luckily i found a shop selling the paint over here

i will try the packing tape, i was just worried that it wouldnt have enough "umph" to keep it together

thanks
mudcow007 is offline Find More Posts by mudcow007
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:57 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,500 Posts
Good morning my fellow Champsters. I just want to say that I have a number of planes. After flying the more advanced ones its nice to just do touch and goes with the Champ out on my street.
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:27 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,934 Posts
Welcome JWP2. The champ is a great plane to relax and have fun with.

Mudcow, I use a invisible tape to join them. Then when you open it up again and need to rejoin. Cut that tape to open. Put a smaller piece on top to close. Then from then on, just cut or remove the top layer. Saves the paint on the bird. Two small lengths on each side, front and rear. And one on top where they meet. Do not forget that one on top, because it gives it strength and is needed. Ask me how I know this? hahaha
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:39 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,812 Posts
Lee, I need to come and check out your fence/ wall or whatever the heck she's standing against!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell her not to move; I'll be right there.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:52 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,934 Posts
Y'all come....y'all come...y'all come and see us..sometime...
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Aug 2011
39 Posts
I'd like to make a set of fully amphibious floats for my champ by starting from the plans that have been posted here using 1mm depron as the primary building material. Unfortunately I can't find a good source for 1mm depron (rcfoam is completely out).

Anyone know where I can get some? Anybody have some laying around they want to sell/donate to the effort?

My plan is to replace the champ brick with the AR6400 from my (rarely flown) T-28 and use one of the extra channels to drive the amphib retracts.
gavronm is offline Find More Posts by gavronm
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
I need some additional batteries for my champ. What is the replacement battery of choice, and where is the best place to get them from. Thanks for the help.
SpidarX is offline Find More Posts by SpidarX
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:00 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidarX View Post
I need some additional batteries for my champ. What is the replacement battery of choice, and where is the best place to get them from. Thanks for the help.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...zone_Etc_.html

Usually back in stock quickly

Or

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5FmCPx%5F.html

With an adapter
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbitten View Post
Great, thank you. For the second link, is the adapter only for connection to the charger?
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:04 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,934 Posts
I prefer the MiniAviation 190mah's myself. There is a thread about them. And a link to where to buy them is on the first page.
Lee
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
I prefer the MiniAviation 190mah's myself. There is a thread about them. And a link to where to buy them is on the first page.
Lee
Great! Plus they are in stock!
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:15 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,934 Posts
Those MA batts are the Cat's meow. hahaha. Plus you can charge them at a higher rate, if ya want to. I have been flyin mine a while now. I stored all my others. By the way, they have great batts for the 2s Beast too. Puts the stock ones to shame. hahaha. They have a larger 1s battery that is susposed to be great, but I don't have it yet.
Lee
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:31 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,635 Posts
Pilot coming along

Flew the Champ with 9 year-old Dalton on buddy box yesterday. He is now taking off, flying circuits and now landing all by himself. The landings are new for him and he had a good one, a great one, and a terrible one in that order yesterday. He has trouble giving it enough up elevator on the flare and BONKED the nose on the third flight but nothing broke so all is good. Of course, he wants to solo but until he can consistently get at least a good landing every time, he will have to keep practicing.

Russ
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:49 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,934 Posts
Sounds like Dalton is having a blast Russ. So glad to hear it. I betcha he is a great flyer in no time. Children have a knack for picking up on stuff and excelerating at it. Glad to hear it. Have fun with him while ya can bro.
Lee
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Dec 2010
114 Posts
I got the Champ to get my son started in RC, and he loves it. I got a second as a backup (and of course, something for me to fly), and it is one incredible plane. I want to move up a notch to give my son some 4 channel experience, and wonder how the P-51 or the Corsair compare in flight charactersitics to the Champ. Any experience with both planes out there? Should I wait for the Carbon Cub?
marklind is offline Find More Posts by marklind