SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2001, 07:00 PM
des moines, ia 50310
Joined Jul 2001
211 Posts
mud duck

I just got back from my LHS with a new kit, the Mud Duck Aviation Cricket. Has anyone electrified one of these before. The manual mentions that it can fly on a Norvelle .061 and I have only glanced at the instructions and parts, but it seems like it could easilly lose some weight. I'm thinking geared speed 400, hopefully, then I won't need to buy anything new, especially since I've been interested in going smaller, not bigger. anyway, it looks like a fun plane and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Birdbrain
birdbrain is online now Find More Posts by birdbrain
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2001, 09:18 PM
Columbia, MO USA
Joined Feb 2001
715 Posts
Who manufactures the kit?
VWtechie is offline Find More Posts by VWtechie
Old Sep 25, 2001, 10:01 PM
des moines, ia 50310
Joined Jul 2001
211 Posts
The kit is manufactured by Mud Duck Aviation. I believe that they may have went out of business as I could not find anything about them on the Web. It is made of foam board, balsa and light ply. The box had no information as far as engine required, size, etc but it seems to have aprox 32" WS and only about 22" long. It did say it would fly with an .061.
They used to make a giant scale version called the Mud Duck and also a low wing giant scale version called the Agri Duck. I always thought they were interesting in a way. Have to see what this smaller version will do and how I can lighten it up a bit.
Old Sep 25, 2001, 10:24 PM
Columbia, MO USA
Joined Feb 2001
715 Posts
Well, the company is definately out of business. According to the info I found most people are flying it with a .20 2-stroke. A sp400 might be a little week for this plane, but it does say it will fly on a .061 so I'd say try it out and see what happens.
VWtechie is offline Find More Posts by VWtechie
Old Sep 25, 2001, 10:35 PM
des moines, ia 50310
Joined Jul 2001
211 Posts
Thanks Brad. Hopefully with some lightening it will be Ok. I really don't want to invest too much money in this thing but just couldn't pass it up.

Thanks for the info,

Birdbrain
Old Sep 25, 2001, 10:51 PM
des moines, ia 50310
Joined Jul 2001
211 Posts
BTW Brad, where did you come up with this information? I thought that I had searched pretty thoroughly and I did not find even a mention of this plane. Just curious.

Thanks,

Birdbrain