HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:17 PM
Joined May 2008
23 Posts
Build Log
EasyGlider Wing on a Wing Dragon: Testing a new FPV rig

I'm planning to use my Wing Dragon to carry an FPV camera and transmitter and to carry the extra payload I've added an EasyGlider wing. It has a slightly smaller cord but increases the wingspan from 41" to 72". I made a carbon fiber cap to allow it to be attached to the top of the fuselage. It worked great! I'm not aware of anyone doing this before so I'm posting this. See this video for a look at the plane and an inflight video (Flip Mino HD for now). A few more modifications to power and tail feathers and I'll be adding the FPV. I'll add pics and video as they come.

Test of Easy Glider Wing on Wing Dragon ST.wmv (2 min 1 sec)

First FPV flight with this modified platform (and first FPV flight ever for me!)!See the updated pictures including larger tail, camera, transmitter, and the guts of the plane. It worked perfectly!
uninsane is offline Find More Posts by uninsane
Last edited by uninsane; Apr 11, 2010 at 08:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2010, 02:44 PM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,010 Posts
That looks crazy! How did the final work out? What are the differences in flight characteristics and FPV?
I have a simular idea for mine.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Old Nov 08, 2010, 02:43 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,083 Posts
I have a set of Easyglider wings that are doing nothing at the moment. I did get them for my Easystar.
I also have a a Wing Dragon... Hummm.
How did you get on with the 2.4 RC and the 1.2 FPV?
I have the simular systens and I had to do things to stop inter interference.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member